The Key Sisters !

I don't feel real positive about Teonni becoming a Lady Vol....It would be nice for her to come here, but I just don't feel it...
thumbnail.jpg

Guys, I hope you guys are right. Blessings.

I just am curious as to why you feel that way. Not judging. Just seeing if you picked up something I may have missed out on. You could be totally correct I have no clue which way this will go.

If she chooses us I will be over the moon if she doesn’t I think we will survive and wish her all the best.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I just am curious as to why you feel that way. Not judging. Just seeing if you picked up something I may have missed out on. You could be totally correct I have no clue which way this will go.

If she chooses us I will be over the moon if she doesn’t I think we will survive and wish her all the best.
Her and Puckett play the same position, right? She could very well choose a school without competing with a classmate for PT for 4 years.

Reactions: Rickster
Her and Puckett play the same position, right? She could very well choose a school without competing with a classmate for PT for 4 years.

I wouldn’t say that really. Most of the new additions aside from Wynn are more “postionless” players. Key and Puckett can both play 2-4 if they play well on the court together they would be a formidable combo. Plus Striplin and Key rotating at the 5. I feel like there is plenty of room for great talent. Especially with how Kelly subs. We need at least 10 quality players so we don’t hit a brick wall when she subs. That’s just what she likes to do, did it at Mo State as well.

So you’re saying she and Puckett couldn’t play together 🤔 she could very well choose a school where she doesn’t have to compete but she may very well not be scared of the competition either.

I’m not going to be surprised if she does or doesn’t choose TN. Also, unlike some other posters I won’t make a big deal about it if she doesn’t choose TN as if the young lady doesn’t have a mind of her own.

So you’re saying she and Puckett couldn’t play together 🤔 she could very well choose a school where she doesn’t have to compete but she may very well not be scared of the competition either.

I’m not going to be surprised if she does or doesn’t choose TN. Also, unlike some other posters I won’t make a big deal about it if she doesn’t choose TN as if the young lady doesn’t have a mind of her own.
I think Tennessee is getting to the point that they will have a logjam at the 2-3 if they recruit too many players at that position. For 2021, they will have Burrell, Rennie, Salary, Darby, Suarez, Wynn, and Puckett. And I don't think they are done with guards yet. There's no way to keep all of them happy, unless some are content to sit on the bench for most of their careers.

I think Tennessee is getting to the point that they will have a logjam at the 2-3 if they recruit too many players at that position. For 2021, they will have Burrell, Rennie, Salary, Darby, Suarez, Wynn, and Puckett. And I don't think they are done with guards yet. There's no way to keep all of them happy, unless some are content to sit on the bench for most of their careers.

with the four out 1 in format, you could play positionless BB all day

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Gotcha... it will be interesting to see what happens. I just hate that people use it as an indictment against a team because a player wants to carve her own way if that were to happen. I always look at Tara at Stanford and the Samuelson sisters.

Regardless I am happy with the start of this class and I think they will help TN out a lot in the future...

Reactions: Coach Jumper
with the four out 1 in format, you could play positionless BB all day
It's one thing to play multiple positions in HS, and another to do it in the SEC. Each probably has their "true" position they can excel at, with other spots they can play at a compromise. Puckett would not be an ideal 4. She would get eaten up by bigger, stronger players whereas Striplin has the right size that she could excel at that spot. This is a good class, but I don't think any of these players are like a Parker or Catchings that could play either forward spot at an All American or even All SEC level.

Gotcha... it will be interesting to see what happens. I just hate that people use it as an indictment against a team because a player wants to carve her own way if that were to happen. I always look at Tara at Stanford and the Samuelson sisters.

Regardless I am happy with the start of this class and I think they will help TN out a lot in the future...
If Key goes elsewhere, I don't think that's an indictment of Kellie at all. Tennessee has depth at her spot, and maybe she wants to focus on playing at the wing and on a team without a boatload of players at that spot.

It would be one thing to lose Key AND Puckett. Sara's commitment makes the need for Key less pressing. Maybe Key is better, but Sara looks more than capable to hold down that spot for her 4 years at Tennessee.

If Key goes elsewhere, I don't think that's an indictment of Kellie at all. Tennessee has depth at her spot, and maybe she wants to focus on playing at the wing and on a team without a boatload of players at that spot.

It would be one thing to lose Key AND Puckett. Sara's commitment makes the need for Key less pressing. Maybe Key is better, but Sara looks more than capable to hold down that spot for her 4 years at Tennessee.

Key will make any team that much better due to the fact that she can score from anywhere on the court and her ability defend is a plus.

I was wondering if Sara was waiting to see what Teonni was going to do before committing.

Reactions: Amb3096
Key will make any team that much better due to the fact that she can score from anywhere on the court and her ability defend is a plus.
I'm not saying that Key isn't good, but Tennessee will likely be much less attractive to Sara if Key commits also. I think it will be hard to keep both happy when either are good enough to be starting players at most SEC schools.

It's one thing to play multiple positions in HS, and another to do it in the SEC. Each probably has their "true" position they can excel at, with other spots they can play at a compromise. Puckett would not be an ideal 4. She would get eaten up by bigger, stronger players whereas Striplin has the right size that she could excel at that spot. This is a good class, but I don't think any of these players are like a Parker or Catchings that could play either forward spot at an All American or even All SEC level.

Players like Parker, Catchings, Holdsclaw are few and far between but I think all three of our committments will be successful sooner rather than later. I could be wrong but expecting a Freshmen to play like an all-SEC player is expecting a bit much. Also, there is a ton of new things to learn then add on schoolwork on top of that. No wonder it takes the student athlete time to acclimate and learn their position on the team.

I

I hope you didn’t think I was referring to you when I said others would use that as an indictment against TN or the staff. I just know some fans will say it and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if some shady coaches out there used that as a recruiting pitch!

VN Store

Back