Why Pruitt is excelling in recruiting

The biggest reason he is doing so well at recruiting is he has so much football knowledge Stevie Wonder can see it. He is real and he is honest with his coaching and teaching of his players. He is concerned about the players as people and believes in giving them a second chance, if they earn that chance. Players see that and they are attracted to it. You may not like what he says but you can not deny he is telling you how it is from where he sits. He is such a breath of fresh air when compared to some of the used car salesmen we have had here in the recent past.

Last edited:
I love homer articles when they are about UT. lol! I think what CJP brings to the table is that he is in it for the kids. Previous coaching staffs dangled eligibility over the players heads and were in it for themselves. When a parent entrusts their son to a coach to help make him a man over the next 3-5 years, all they can ask is that the coach be fair and consistent whether patting him on the butt or kicking him in the butt.

Pruitt has made mistakes during his time here but he knows how to coach these young kids. He’s brutally honest and doesn’t try to sugarcoat things like Butch did. Players notice his knowledge of the game, demands improvement each & every day.

We don’t know if he’s the long term answer or not but he’s got us headed into the right direction.

Getting guys to come to The Hill is an easy sell when the HC is an actual football coach with a Legendary AD looking out for the best interest of the program, knowing that the only way to be great again is to get the best players and take care of them.

Because Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff are some of the best recruiters in college football:cool:

Literally, it's as simple as this. The staff and Pruitt have done a great job matriculating relationships into recruiting successes. Especially in this COVID era, the staff has been able to leverage those relationships (and a 6 game winning streak) into the current streak we are on now.

Because he is a good recruiter like lots of other head coaches including CBJ but we all believe he is a much better coach

i have never viewed an article with more advertisements. Kudos to the marketing team of that site. It would be nice if it didn’t cover up the article though.

Reactions: fifties fan
Literally, it's as simple as this. The staff and Pruitt have done a great job matriculating relationships into recruiting successes. Especially in this COVID era, the staff has been able to leverage those relationships (and a 6 game winning streak) into the current streak we are on now.
Looking forward to the "7-game" winning streak..🙏🙏

Pruitt has made mistakes during his time here but he knows how to coach these young kids. He’s brutally honest and doesn’t try to sugarcoat things like Butch did. Players notice his knowledge of the game, demands improvement each & every day.

We don’t know if he’s the long term answer or not but he’s got us headed into the right direction.
Not a lot of coaches could win with the players Butch Jones left. I believe Pruitt is the right man for the job. Tennessee football is in good hands for the first time in a long time. He also has some good coaches beside him.

I understand that Coach hails from Alabama, but not far into Alabama. Really close to to Tennessee AND Ga. After high school I think he started his college career in Tenn. Also if you look at a map, I think you will see he comes from the south end of Appalachian influence. Should be fairly comfortable in Knoxville. So, what I am trying to say is "he ain't far from home". Other than it's Bama, Tuscaloosa is a far cry from the lookout mountain, Ft. Payne area.

Blah Blah Blah. Comes down to the kids believing in Coach Pruitt, plain and simple. When you have a record of being a part of winning programs, kids will listen, and so will their parents and teammates.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back