'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

If he does then fine, my post was a reference to letting him make up his own mind. I do not believe that I said he should go to either school. I have just seen too many parents try and live their lives thru their children and for the most part it does not work out.

Cool but you are making that statement in this thread, insinuating that Colson doesn't want to go to Michigan but his parents are forcing him to. Maybe, maybe not we have no idea. Either way, I say good luck and godspeed in Ann Arbor. We will be just fine.

Cool but you are making that statement in this thread, insinuating that Colson doesn't want to go to Michigan but his parents are forcing him to. Maybe, maybe not we have no idea. Either way, I say good luck and godspeed in Ann Arbor. We will be just fine.
We are good. Like your avatar. Always thought Teddy Roosevelt represented the American Spirit very well. Cheers! Go Vols!

The "financial" part is sickening and selfish. So we are telling our kids that since I couldn't make enough money as a parent, you need to do it for the family. I'm guessing that since I'm older, I don't quite understand some of the thinking. As bad as I would hate to say it, if a rival school offered one of my kids a scholarship and that is what he/she wanted, I would be fan for the years he/she attended. The school is paying her bill, I will be there cheering without any remorse.

Why is it selfish because it doesn’t or could benefit someone other than the team you love or like? A very rich man told me long ago son there is no free lunch in America, everything cost something. When you understand that then you get “it”. When coaches and boosters pay a family that is compensation for their labor for those previous 17/18 years. Some need it and other don’t but it is what it is. The nature of the beast is if you want the player do what it takes to get them. Cam Newton was a bidding war, and UT lost out Kiffin and others said it’s just not worth it. Auburn said we’ll win it all the kid is what we need and got a NC. Everything in this world has value and it’s all in who wants what. Recruiting is a sport inside of a sport and the ones who get that are the ones who are contenders and top 5 year in and year out regardless of the sport because they know you hv to put the whip cream and cherry on top to out do the competition

Why is it selfish because it doesn’t or could benefit someone other than the team you love or like? A very rich man told me long ago son there is no free lunch in America, everything cost something. When you understand that then you get “it”. When coaches and boosters pay a family that is compensation for their labor for those previous 17/18 years. Some need it and other don’t but it is what it is. The nature of the beast is if you want the player do what it takes to get them. Cam Newton was a bidding war, and UT lost out Kiffin and others said it’s just not worth it. Auburn said we’ll win it all the kid is what we need and got a NC. Everything in this world has value and it’s all in who wants what. Recruiting is a sport inside of a sport and the ones who get that are the ones who are contenders and top 5 year in and year out regardless of the sport because they know you hv to put the whip cream and cherry on top to out do the competition
Most people on here understand the recruiting part more than me, but my take is the player did something they loved for 17-18 years. Since they were blessed with a specific talent, they are being rewarded for their talents by getting a free education, so that is where I don't understand parents/coaches/handlers making the decision for the kid. Guide them, yes, but to push or not endorse a specific college because of pay is the selfish part, at least to me. What if a parent "insist" on a certain school and the kid didn't really want to go there but money was more, then he/she left for whatever reason. If someone other than the kid made the final decision, there is no lesson the kids can get from that because the decision was ultimately someone else's. As a parent, I already had my chance so now is the time for me to assist my kids but they have to ultimately make the final decision. My opinion may be in a minority too and I will have to learn to adapt. Hopefully in a couple years, I will get to help my daughter with her decision but I let her decide what is best in the end.

Reactions: OrangenSC

VN Store

Back