Any chance of fall camp being extended?

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I’m curious if the league will allow an early camp? The abbreviated Spring practice season is sure critical to the young players. The playbook is complicated to. So how can the newbies get up to speed in just a matter of weeks?
Seems like they could do something to make up for lost practice days in the spring.

Glad we aren’t having to start the season with a freshman QB (although we might end the season with one) It will be interesting to see how UGA gets their new QB ready. They play Bama early. That could be ugly for them. Only good news is that one of those teams will lose.

If they keep it to the standard August camp ,at least It’s across the board. Expect a lot of offsides, missed assignments and blown coverages in the first few weeks of the season for every team.

Reactions: savannahfan
NCAA say they can come back on June 1st. It should be 20 hrs a week as each team feels is the right way. Each incoming freshman should be assigned to an upperclassman. The upperclassmen should show the freshman the right way to prepare for a practice and a game.

It’s all about the player’s free time.

Lots of things are in flux right now. Tennessee is considering changing the academic calendar for the fall and having the semester end before Thanksgiving.

I could see NCAA allowing extra week of practice in helmets only. I do not believe they will allow more padded practices.

VN Store

Back