Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pay attention to both extremes. There are plenty of wealthy Trump supporters, but it seems the vast majority of Trump supporters are the less educated. Do you disagree? I'm not trying to cause a fight or change anyone's belief system here, but don't you think there is any correlation between the low education level in the south, the fact that the majority of southern states have the highest poverty rates, and are the most republican states?

There are exceptions of course. I live in Texas, a republican state with a great economy.

You’re ascribing causality to a lot of correlations here.

Wrong. While 'who' may be preferred, 'that' is acceptable to describe people and is NOT grammatically incorrect. Maybe educate yourself before educating others.

Check this guy out. Who is the acceptable form by any citation style accepted at any university. Sit down.

I don't handle myself well, and I know I don't...I say a lot of things on here that I regret later. I am a pretty straight shooter in life, but I hold a lot of things in, or at least try to be more diplomatic...which is incredibly frustrating..I don't do that here as much as I should. I pretty much post whatever pops into my head.

That’s why you’re one of my favorite posters. I’m a lot like this also. Sounds like you’re being a little too hard on yourself, you are human, after all.

I don't handle myself well, and I know I don't...I say a lot of things on here that I regret later. I am a pretty straight shooter in life, but I hold a lot of things in, or at least try to be more diplomatic...which is incredibly frustrating..I don't do that here as much as I should. I pretty much post whatever pops into my head.
We know! Not a big deal at all. I'm afraid I have always been one to jump in when someone is picking on someone else or putting someone down. In 7th grade the teacher let the class vote on what kids were going to be when they grew up. I got the most votes for boxer because I beat others up if they picked on someone. 😂 People can't believe that now. Now I don't take it well if you talk about my Vols, my grandkids or AV which I appreciate.

You’re ascribing causality to a lot of correlations here.
I don't disagree with you at all. That's why I wrote it as a question. There does seem to be correlation in some regard. Maybe a better way to describe it would be rural America since there aren't as many big cities in the south? There are job losses everywhere in the US, and it totally sucks.

Reactions: T Dog
That's the bar? 100%? Lol 10 post above you is a post proclaiing that we are getting this kid and Mims directly because of statements from AV.

I have three kids at home under 6. White knuckling this $hit.
yes, but was it AV that posted that?? hmmm...maybe your aim is off? AV says "feels good, obviously things can change" "i like where we are" stuff like that.

what other people get from those posts is up to them.............................clearly.

Check this guy out. Who is the acceptable form by any citation style accepted at any university. Sit down.

'"Garner’s Modern American Usage, the Chicago Manual of Style, Fowler’s Modern English Usage, and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary of English Usage all say that although it’s always fine to use “who,” it’s also fine to use “that.”' Sit down and STFU.

Bet some good green leaf would help ya smile.
By the way...I apologize for what I said to you yesterday...it was way over the line, and I don't even know if you saw it before it got whacked. You're a good guy even if I am extremely diametrically opposed to your stance on the shutdown.

We went to GBurg and walked around, and drove around the Smokies last weekend..maybe one out of every 20-30 people had masks on...if that many.
i went to the target near my office last weekend, and i'd say 80% of the people wore masks, self included.

went to the Lowes in Denver (15 min nw of me...a good 30-35 min from down town Charlotte) and i'd say it was maybe 20% wearing masks.

i think that's probably gonna be typical. closer you get to more population, more masks....farther away from population centers, less.

i went to the target near my office last weekend, and i'd say 80% of the people wore masks, self included.

went to the Lowes in Denver (15 min nw of me...a good 30-35 min from down town Charlotte) and i'd say it was maybe 20% wearing masks.

i think that's probably gonna be typical. closer you get to more population, more masks....farther away from population centers, less.
I think people are just sick of the fear mongering, and all the nanny state bullcrap. Most of the vehicles were from out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back