Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I guess one good thing about being in Syracuse is that it’s close to Canada. My cousin played football there and well it was cold LOL
They are really becoming a factor with Cardosa and these two recruits look for them to appear on the National scene as at least a top 20 team by 2021.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
They are really becoming a factor with Cardosa and these two recruits look for them to appear on the National scene as at least a top 20 team by 2021.

Also they have the young lady that had breast cancer who led the country in assists and was a baller. First and foremost her health is of most important concern but I know she was itching to get back and play. If she can provide this group any type of guidance they could possibly be a top 3-4 ACC team.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Lattimore is 2-3 years away from being a significant contributor on offense, outside of putbacks and layups due to her unpolished offensive skillset. On the other hand, she can be a defensive menace the minute she steps on campus because of her incredible physical tools (a rumored wingspan over 7 feet), unique athleticism and mobility. It might take her some time to reach her potential but her ceiling is through the roof.
In the few games of Day-Wilson I watched she was really turnover-prone, put up alot of head scratching circus shots, and her passing was just kind of average.

To go along with Cardosa...

I wonder if Q will know how to use elite front court prospects, or if he will still with a guards game?

I find it interesting that suddenly he’s attracted a bunch of bigs. Just from watching them in seasons past that has never been a big part of their offense. His bigs are just screen setters. Unless that changes I expect to see at least two of those ladies transfer. I’m still shocked Cardosa chose Syracuse. Very much a guard oriented program since he’s been there.

They are also a perennial 8-10 loss team and have been beyond the NCAA second round only once, in 15-16, when they made it all the way to the finals. They were for sure not making the tournament in 19-20. He must have a very good recruiting coordinator. I know they had a lot going on with Tiana having breast cancer. But it was pitiful with an overall record of 15-16. That is a looonnnggg year. I wouldn’t be dying to sign there right now.

3 years in a row with the top or close to top PG transfer. Good for Mulky and Baylor, would almost kill for her as UT coach.

Good pick up for Baylor but she isn’t a PG. that doesn’t mean she won’t move her to that spot like she did the LSU transfer but it isn’t her natural position.

Think of it like if we got her we would be happy but there would still be posters that want a “pg” specific player. I think Baylor has PGs in Moon Ursin and Sara Andrews if I’m not mistake so they have more than one PG available.

Last edited:
Good pick up for Baylor but she isn’t a PG. that doesn’t mean she won’t move her to that spot like she did the LSU transfer but it isn’t her natural position.

Think of it like if we got her we would be happy but there would still be posters that want a “pg” specific player. I think Baylor has PGs in Moon Ursin and Sara Andrews if I’m not mistake so they have more than one PG available.
Baylor also has DiDi Richards, who plays the point forward role to perfection. They can afford to just rely on the backcourt for scoring and let DiDi run the offense.

Reactions: BUBear and Rixxx
Baylor also has DiDi Richards, who plays the point forward role to perfection. They can afford to just rely on the backcourt for scoring and let DiDi run the offense.

I was going to say that and Jordyn Oliver has played point at times in her career. They are in a much different situation than us.

I think we may have lost out on Teonni with this sudden surge of commitments from Dawn . 4 recruits commit in 11 days well geesh !

VN Store

Back