GA tight end Miles Campbell has committed to Tennessee

Receiving film looks rediculous. Looks like an oversized WR running routes, catching, and making plays after the catch. If he bulks up 20# of muscle and has a willingness to block w/a mean streak, then watch out.
If he was 6'5 or taller he would be a 4 star with his athleticism. Good points you make. Philippians 4:6-7

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Welcome to UT, where the tight end position is obsolete and hasn't been used appropriately for 15 years or more.

Good for you. How much did it cost? Just screwing with you. Monday nite, too much Jack & I’m bored. Bet you are a cool guy to hang with! I like hickory, you?

I just noticed you joined our little VN family back in April ....... Welcome aboard mate. Glad you're among us.

Reactions: Freak
Welcome to UT, where the tight end position is obsolete and hasn't been used appropriately for 15 years or more.
Wasn’t utilized well during our best years before that. Cut came around to the value of the position, but it wasn’t his favorite when he coordinated our offense. Chaney knows how to use them and Osovet was an early innovator of the RPO which makes them weapons.

I just noticed you joined our little VN family back in April ....... Welcome aboard mate. Glad you're among us.
Thanks guy. Appreciate the welcome. Went to UT. Other than my two kids UT football my third love. Been reading VN for about 5 years. Find it therapeutic. Live in nw Mississippi. Between MS, MS St, Ark & Memphis, football in this part of country really sucks.

Mullen is very overrated, I don't see why he gets all the respect he does. Jackie Sherrill did pretty decent at Miss State too. I think Pruitt will beat UGA before Mullen will.
I think both FL and Tn can beat Ga this year and I don't think Mullen is overrated at all, he always shows up with a good team.

I think both FL and Tn can beat Ga this year and I don't think Mullen is overrated at all, he always shows up with a good team.
Florida was supposed to beat UGA according to message board scuttlebutt both of the last two years. Two top 10 match ups, Mullen is 0-2. He also got his @$$ kicked in Athens his last year at Missy State with a pretty good team. That was right before our game and that's when I knew Botch was in trouble. I think we beat Kirby next year at home. I don't like this year's match up on the road and late in the year. They still have more quality depth than we have and that is a bigger factor later in the year. I think we take down Mullen this year.

Last edited:
The really last great tight end we had was Jason Witten ..... right?
Obviously JW was our most talented TE ever, but Rivera was really good at the college level too. In 3 seasons JW had 800 yards and Rivera had 1,000.

Of course JW was on a much deeper receiving corps, but Rivera is always overlooked by Vol fans because he was on bad teams.

I happen to follow recruiting very closely, but you seem to think I’m missing something. Would be happy to hear what that is.
Without making this a tldr; there will be 4-5 gitshirts, maybe more, who will be replaced with higher rated players. There are several of the committed 3 stars that were due ratings bumps had there not been a pandemic that didn't allow for camps (even the "recruiting services" have said this about these players and Miles Campbell is one such player). Trust the coaches because they find players they want based on hours of game film and camps they hold not based on what Rivals, 247, or ESPN think.

Without making this a tldr; there will be 4-5 gitshirts, maybe more, who will be replaced with higher rated players. There are several of the committed 3 stars that were due ratings bumps had there not been a pandemic that didn't allow for camps (even the "recruiting services" have said this about these players and Miles Campbell is one such player). Trust the coaches because they find players they want based on hours of game film and camps they hold not based on what Rivals, 247, or ESPN think.
Good post and 100% correct.

VN Store

Back