2020-21 Season. JG Potential

Will JG be a top-5 SEC QB this season?

• Total voters
The next time he outruns a DE to the corner will be the first time
He had several good runs doing the exact opposite of what you are claiming, it's actually one of the few things he improved on this past season. It's comments like this that force folks to give another side of the story, usually based on stats or comparisons to prior performances.

One of the toughest kids I've ever seen play the position. Unfortunately, he has had to be. And of his own doing. Wish the kid well. But I just don't see the light turning on at this point. Sure hope he's concentrated on his academics.
He already graduated last year with a degree in psychology. He’s going to fine either way. Just hope he’s able to live his dream if his dream is the NFL

He really needs some practice, not having spring practice did not serve him well. Maybe, he has enough protection this year to give him some extra time since throwing the ball quick isn't his forte. I don't know, he's so up and down, to be honest, I expect the same this year. Just hoping we have a QB that shows up and shows out, regardless of who that is. Wishing them ALL the best! GBO!!
Up........and........down.
SmartBiodegradableArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Sara Clark
If JG starts, and he comes out gun slinging and lighting it up, the tune of everyone on here will change including his most devout critics. Most are stating they have over two years of evidence and no significant progress. Actually, it appears to be regression at times. So their doubt in JG, myself included, is warranted.

I hope he proves all is nay-sayers wrong. I'll gladly admit I was wrong.
But we aren't wrong. To date, he is what the critics say he is. If he comes out and has a fantastic season. He will be what he should be and has been advertised. I have always hoped that he would show up so I won't be wrong either way.

If JG starts, and he comes out gun slinging and lighting it up, the tune of everyone on here will change including his most devout critics. Most are stating they have over two years of evidence and no significant progress. Actually, it appears to be regression at times. So their doubt in JG, myself included, is warranted.

I hope he proves all is nay-sayers wrong. I'll gladly admit I was wrong.
What have you ever seen outside of one Orange and White game (2019 his best game ever fyi) that would lead you to believe this was possible? Can't be his high school stats, they weren't good. It isn't his current track record of college ball. Practice videos maybe?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
What have you ever seen outside of one Orange and White game (2019 his best game ever fyi) that would lead you to believe this was possible? Can't be his high school stats, they weren't good. It isn't his current track record of college ball. Practice videos maybe?
That's why I said IF. Me personally, I don't think he can. He has showed nothing to show me that he can. I wish he would. I was saying IF he came out and just lit it up, many of the critics would change their tune.

I don't see it happening.

JG is a good guy who wants to win but, he does not have it between the ears and never will. He cannot complete long throws to save his ass.
Cannot figure out why Chaney did not use the tight end more to help him out.

JG is a good guy who wants to win but, he does not have it between the ears and never will. He cannot complete long throws to save his ass.
Cannot figure out why Chaney did not use the tight end more to help him out.
Can't complete long throws yet he was top 3 in all "long throw" statistics in the conference. You neverJG guys are tough to please, especially when you ignore all facts.

Reactions: k-town_king
Can't complete long throws yet he was top 3 in all "long throw" statistics in the conference. You neverJG guys are tough to please, especially when you ignore all facts.[/QUOTE
Those “never Maurer” guys are extremely similar aren’t they? 😉

Not really, BMs stats placed him bottom 3 in the league in most categories. He had moments, unfortunately for him and the Vols he had as many bad as he did good.

Reactions: k-town_king
Not really, BMs stats placed him bottom 3 in the league in most categories. He had moments, unfortunately for him and the Vols he had as many bad as he did good.
Like I said. Or should I say, you said, those never Maurer guys are tough to please when you ignore the facts.

If you watch the games, JG had some long pass completions at times, but rarely if ever did he complete one in stride. He had the benefit of having receivers who would go up and get the ball that could have easily been picked off too.

One of the prettiest throws I saw all year was from Shrout in the bomb he threw to Callaway in the USC game. Perfect pass, in stride. JG had the same play earlier in the game and Callaway had to stop and go up to get it with a defender on his back. JG can't seem to hit a receiver in stride.

Maurer had the second prettiest throw of the year in the Georgia game.

Can't complete long throws yet he was top 3 in all "long throw" statistics in the conference. You neverJG guys are tough to please, especially when you ignore all facts.

Did you mean throwing it to the other team. He usually has at least one turn over per game.

LOL- Back at you. Anyone who thinks JG is a capable starter lost the argument two years ago but are just too simple minded to understand it.
Without JG, we lose to Kentucky, Missouri, and possibly SC last year...
We certainly lose to Auburn in 2018.

In which game would we have won, that we didn’t, if Maurer or Shroudt had played the entire game?

If you watch the games, JG had some long pass completions at times, but rarely if ever did he complete one in stride. He had the benefit of having receivers who would go up and get the ball that could have easily been picked off too.

One of the prettiest throws I saw all year was from Shrout in the bomb he threw to Callaway in the USC game. Perfect pass, in stride. JG had the same play earlier in the game and Callaway had to stop and go up to get it with a defender on his back. JG can't seem to hit a receiver in stride.

Maurer had the second prettiest throw of the year in the Georgia game.
Let me approach this a different way....how about the time Shroudt ran out of bounds one yard short of a first down vs SC when he could’ve tucked his shoulder and picked up the extra 1 yard we needed, vs the time JG tucked his shoulder and got extra yards to seal the game vs Kentucky...

Without JG, we lose to Kentucky, Missouri, and possibly SC last year...
We certainly lose to Auburn in 2018.

In which game would we have won, that we didn’t, if Maurer or Shroudt had played the entire game?
You can’t say that we lose to Kentucky when Maurer had ONE bad opening series after coming back from injury. Especially when we didn’t even get the ball in the first quarter because the defense couldn’t get off the field. Their first drive left one minute on the clock in the first ending in 6. Their second score was off of a blocked punt putting us down 13-0. Their drives in the first half were LONG and drawn out and at the end of the first half we only had the ball for less than 9 minutes. Maurer ended that half with 98 yards passing and 20 rushing on 2 attempts. Nearly all of that all in the second quarter alone. Despite what his doubters say I think, given the evidence, we win that game with him in anyway. Kentucky had 13 points at the half and they had 13 points at the end of the game. The DEFENSE stepped up in the second half ALLOWING the comeback.

You can’t say that we lose to Kentucky when Maurer had ONE bad opening series after coming back from injury. Especially when we didn’t even get the ball in the first quarter because the defense couldn’t get off the field. Their first drive left one minute on the clock in the first ending in 6. Their second score was off of a blocked punt putting us down 13-0. Their drives in the first half were LONG and drawn out and at the end of the first half we only had the ball for less than 9 minutes. Maurer ended that half with 98 yards passing and 20 rushing on 2 attempts. Nearly all of that all in the second quarter alone. Despite what his doubters say I think, given the evidence, we win that game with him in anyway. Kentucky had 13 points at the half and they had 13 points at the end of the game. The DEFENSE stepped up in the second half ALLOWING the comeback.
I very well can say that. He looked awful during that game. Injury or no injury, it made no difference to anyone. No one cares if someone is hurt or not, it’s W&Ls. I just don’t understand the Maurer hype. He was 35-75, 541 yards, 2 TD, 5 INTs last year. That’s not anywhere near good..

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yeah it seemed like he was just starting to get his footing out there.

Reactions: 1vol8

VN Store

Back