'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

I like the idea of Darnell & Cade staying on the right side & slotting Mims in at LG to take over for Trey. Play there 1-2 years and kick out to LT to take over for Wanya.
If Mims comes here he would be a freshman when Wanya and Darnell are juniors. Best case scenario is you red shirt him his freshman year playing in the minimum of games(for experience). Good chance he could start in tear two if Wanya and/or Darnell decide to declare early.

Reactions: de1conley
Running out of chocolate bunnies here...

Reinforcements on the way!

C2TRLY77PZB57EI5HBB7GN57OE.jpg

If Mims comes here he would be a freshman when Wanya and Darnell are juniors. Best case scenario is you red shirt him his freshman year playing in the minimum of games(for experience). Good chance he could start in tear two if Wanya and/or Darnell decide to declare early.

Ten or fifteen years ago, yes. This kid ends up top 5 overall in the country. Those guys don't redshirt anymore. He's a better prospect than Wanya or Darnell. I think you put that kind of talent on the field right away. Keep him on the left side, surrounded by veterans and let him maul people at guard. A year or two fine tuning his technique and in-game SEC experience and kick him out to LT before becoming a top 15 pick.

Reactions: avolation
I like the idea of Darnell & Cade staying on the right side & slotting Mims in at LG to take over for Trey. Play there 1-2 years and kick out to LT to take over for Wanya.
Cade will be a first round pick, he's gone before Mims steps foot anywhere. We're only getting him for this year.

Cade will be a first round pick, he's gone before Mims steps foot anywhere. We're only getting him for this year.

He's an interior guy that has never been a full-time starter. When was the last time an interior lineman was a full-time starter for 1 season, left early, and was a first round pick?

Don't get me wrong he's a great addition and may indeed leave early, but calling him a first round pick is quite pre-mature. Interior guys have to be utterly dominant to be first round picks, and honestly, he hasn't shown that yet.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
He's an interior guy that has never been a full-time starter. When was the last time an interior lineman was a full-time starter for 1 season, left early, and was a first round pick?

Don't get me wrong he's a great addition and may indeed leave early, but calling him a first round pick is quite pre-mature. Interior guys have to be utterly dominant to be first round picks, and honestly, he hasn't shown that yet.
Mays and Smith were both projected 1st round on the last mock draft I saw.

Mays has started and/or played the past 2 seasons at UGA. He's played every position on the line for them except center. He'll be gone after this year.

That's why it's important to get Mims this class, because this class will be starters after 1 year of redshirting if Wright and Morris leave after their junior years.

Next year 3/5 starters will be new on the OL and it's likely the same in '22.

Mays and Smith were both projected 1st round on the last mock draft I saw.

Hey if we get that kind of production, there's no use debating, we all hope he's that good. Even if hes an early entry & a 3rd round pick, I can't blame him for leaving early and we got a fantastic one-year rental.

To get things back on Mims. With or without Cade Mays in 2021, if he's a Vol, he's on the field. I just think the best case senario is a year (or two) at LG and then assuming the LT spot once Wanya departs.

Hey if we get that kind of production, there's no use debating, we all hope he's that good. Even if hes an early entry & a 3rd round pick, I can't blame him for leaving early and we got a fantastic one-year rental.

To get things back on Mims. With or without Cade Mays in 2021, if he's a Vol, he's on the field. I just think the best case senario is a year (or two) at LG and then assuming the LT spot once Wanya departs.
I’ll deal with that “problem” after he signs.

He can play every position on the line and has a mean streak in him. I’ve seen him projected as a first rounder by a few people. I’m no Mel Kiper but the times I’ve watched him play and the highlights I’ve seen(not necessarily of him)he may not blow you away on every snap but he rarely gets beat.
GBO!!

I imagine it’s rare that a 5* LT redshirts or has interest in redshirting. I could be wrong

He would play guard or if it is the better move they move Wanya or Darnell inside

I could see either. Darnell is gaining a rep as an amazing run blocker. Maybe he could have Trey Smith level success at LG and Mimms plays RT his first two seasons. Either way it would be an amazingly great problem to have. Trying to determine how to maximize all this talent

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Ten or fifteen years ago, yes. This kid ends up top 5 overall in the country. Those guys don't redshirt anymore. He's a better prospect than Wanya or Darnell. I think you put that kind of talent on the field right away. Keep him on the left side, surrounded by veterans and let him maul people at guard. A year or two fine tuning his technique and in-game SEC experience and kick him out to LT before becoming a top 15 pick.

One season at LG then either Wanya or Darnell ( if not both) will declare for the draft and he takes a tackle spot.

At the same time we've built solid depth across the OL he may not be a starter at the beginning of the year if hes not an EE.

Wanya or Darnell.

Are you the handler or the father? Doesn’t matter which because both would receive “gifts”.my question is why are you riding so high for a recruit that hasn’t taken a snap of college football?..and no one was more important than Wanya or Darnell they help tremendously through the season.so I’m just going to assume blue font👀🥴🤣😂

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Are you the handler or the father? Doesn’t matter which because both would receive “gifts”.my question is why are you riding so high for a recruit that hasn’t taken a snap of college football?..and no one was more important than Wanya or Darnell they help tremendously through the season.so I’m just going to assume blue font👀🥴🤣😂

Not sure what you mean.

I simply said he's a better prospect at this point than Wanya & Darnell were going into their senior high school seasons, and hes not redshirting if he comes here, or anywhere. I don't get where there was any implication that I minimalized Wayna or Darnell's importance as players or as recruiting wins coming off a 5 win season.

I imagine it’s rare that a 5* LT redshirts or has interest in redshirting. I could be wrong

Depends on the depth chart and who's ahead of them. Once you get on campus, rankings don't matter. It's how well you play, and not all freshmen are ready for the college game. It might be rare, I don't really know, but it's not unheard of.

Mays has started and/or played the past 2 seasons at UGA. He's played every position on the line for them except center. He'll be gone after this year.

That's why it's important to get Mims this class, because this class will be starters after 1 year of redshirting if Wright and Morris leave after their junior years.

Next year 3/5 starters will be new on the OL and it's likely the same in '22.

I believe Mays will possibly stay for his senior season. One year of starting at 1 position will do wonders for him, but I'm still not 100% sold that he is gone after this season. I also believe it depends on how well we do this year. JMO

This dude better be a Vol because if not he’s gonna lose over half of his twitter follows that he keeps constantly asking Vol twitter for. Constantly... Trolling us, or??
High school kid with social media. I’d say the Twitter stuff is just a game

Is it just me or does his Twitter Avi look like the video Smael posted a couple weeks back? Is that an icon or face that is common and I’ve missed it or are they trying to say something

VN Store

Back