Upcoming vote whether to allow student-athletes back to campus on June 1 (merged)

The people most threatened by a return of athletes and eventually students to campus aren't the athletes or students but the university support staff and even more so faculty. Based on the most at risk age groups, students face an extremely low risk compared to older professors and other university employees.

Read everyone was in favor of june 1st.. that the only AD opposed was fulmer. He wanted to wait til june 15

And to think, I just voted this clown Knoxvillian of the Year in the Knoxville's Finest poll.

I'm assuming based on the information available that next week's vote will yield a return date of June 1st, but I can appreciate Fulmer looking to hold off for two weeks as those fourteen days aren't going to make or break a fall football season.

The CDC and "experts" have been totally wrong about most everything. Bureaucrats who are still getting their paychecks can make brave and totally wrong predictions with no consequence. Just keep sick kids away from grandma and grandpa and they will be fine. There is data to support that. Schools should open and we should play football and basketball. If we listen to "experts" we will be closed forever.

Read everyone was in favor of june 1st.. that the only AD opposed was fulmer. He wanted to wait til june 15
Makes sense from his perspective, and has little to do with the virus. Knox County wont progress through phases until after May 29. That leaves little time to get players back on campus and plans made. If the county phases progress on time, June 15 gives time to make better plans and stops competitors from getting a headstart if they are progressing through mandates more quickly.

My understanding that our beloved AD was the only one to vote no in a virtual meeting of AD's to return players back to campus on June 1. I have voiced my displeasure at this to the University and you should as well. Again, it wasn't Vandy but Coach Fulmer. They like our money to be on time but most of said the season would have to be pushed back if they do not return by then. Now, we are being laughed at by the rest of the conference again. I hope this is a mistake because I really like Coach Fulmer and this pisses me off. Hit up the AD boys on the twitter.

Don't do twitter but I do really want to know his thinking on this because I would think with gyms opening all over that our student athletes would be better off with our medical staff and coaches working with them and following social distancing and letting them workout with supervision than whatever they are doing on their own. Also, would probably get better nutrition to get ready for the football season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24/7vol
My understanding that our beloved AD was the only one to vote no in a virtual meeting of AD's to return players back to campus on June 1. I have voiced my displeasure at this to the University and you should as well. Again, it wasn't Vandy but Coach Fulmer. They like our money to be on time but most of said the season would have to be pushed back if they do not return by then. Now, we are being laughed at by the rest of the conference again. I hope this is a mistake because I really like Coach Fulmer and this pisses me off. Hit up the AD boys on the twitter.

My understanding is that Fulmer voted against the June 1 date, but multiple others chose not to vote. So Fulmer wasn't the only AD that did not vote for the proposal.

Ok guy. Troll or insane. Not sure, dont care.

My understanding is that Fulmer voted against the June 1 date, but multiple others chose not to vote. So Fulmer wasn't the AD that did not vote for the proposal.

Well, at least he didn't abstain which is a weak move (Vandy probably) of course but still.......come on man.

If Fulmer voted no then I guess the other ADs are wrong.

VN Store

Back