'21 NC ATH Kaemen Marley (Tennessee signee)

I’m no talent scout, and I’m only going based on junior Hudl highlights, but not super impressed with his offensive highlights. Basically just looks like he catches a bunch of fades and jukes some really bad tackle attempts. Very little route running or separation evident.

However, on defense, he looks like an Isaiah Simmons starter kit. He has size and ball skills for safety, and has great instincts and takes strong angles as a LB and pass rusher. I would love to see him in the star role on Pruitt’s defense.

Reactions: Kristy*
I’m no talent scout, and I’m only going based on junior Hudl highlights, but not super impressed with his offensive highlights. Basically just looks like he catches a bunch of fades and jukes some really bad tackle attempts. Very little route running or separation evident.

However, on defense, he looks like an Isaiah Simmons starter kit. He has size and ball skills for safety, and has great instincts and takes strong angles as a LB and pass rusher. I would love to see him in the star role on Pruitt’s defense.
1589572145671.gif

“His greatest asset as a football player is his ball skills with the ball in the air and his physicality of playing the game.

With him being 6-3, 200 knowing where the ball is going, but also knowing where can I position myself where the defender can’t get to it. It’s stuff like that that everyone wants to coach it, everyone wants to think they have the remedy to make everybody be able to do that but with him it’s a natural ability.

He’s played quarterback, running back, receiver, tight end. He’s played inside linebacker, free safety, strong safety and outside linebacker so I think his willingness to play where ever comes with just what he’s had to do. That’s just football for him.

He’s very studious with the game. He’s one that will stay up late watching film. He will watch early in the mornings. I think he’s going to get better and better by being able to focus on one position. Being a student of the game has helped him playing multiple positions.”

Foster Cates — offensive coordinator, Eastern Randolph High School

HOW MARLEY FITS IN WITH THE VOLS?

At 6-2, 215 pounds, Marley is an athlete who continues Tennessee’s trend of recruiting versatility. Marley could play safety or linebacker on defense. Offensively he could play receiver or even h-back. The fact is there’s no set position for Marley at the next level.

"I really don't know where I want to play in college," Marley said told Volquest. "I like receiver, but I like safety and outside linebacker too. Tennessee has talked to me about both sides and just said they want me on their team and they will figure it out.”

VolQuest - Impact Analysis: Kaemen Marley

This kids gonna be a head buster coming down the channel at SS. Big time Athlete and Pruitt special.

VN Store

Back