2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Just knock it off. People are upset enough with losing Rivers to South Carolina without you putting it in our face on our recruiting thread.
Again. How did I troll and put anything in your face with what I posted.

Coach Jumper isn’t upset with losing her, so maybe your beef is with h8m.

[Redundant post. Sorry...missed where someone else made same point.]

Wish we had a delete option. Not trying to pad post count.

Last edited:
Coach, Rivers was the last elite kid we were on for 21. I get there are other solid prospects. But, there have been questions on CKH’s ability to recruit at this level. Do you think she, and this staff, have what it takes to land the elite kids TN of old attracted (say a top 3 Player every 3-4 years and a top ten type other years?
Maybe in order to avoid posters having meltdowns over the word elite, you should've said the last top 10 kid.

Rivers was a very long shot, I knew this a while back.
You don't put a lot of your time in long shots or you go broke waiting on the payoff

I've been known Rivers was a long shot at well, that doesnt mean you stop recruiting her or we put all our marbles in the same bag. I think we're on the same page. I was just confused about the statement you made about Rivers and Re not being a good match or whatever you previously stated.

LKD-g2DmSvjhn4xeYezOj2AELjetGunE4bg_Pxv7im7twc-s9mIVkpKnBTtxRvoFfZV3R4GzHokWeiorXTx3mMadcBIldPibLlRho2iQrAFIwQxEkDhewzgeZOjg

I've been known Rivers was a long shot at well, that doesnt mean you stop recruiting her or we put all our marbles in the same bag. I think we're on the same page. I was just confused about the statement you made about Rivers and Re not being a good match or whatever you previously stated.

I would have loved to have her,,,but I also feel that in that year we are losing KK, Jaiden, Keyen and Rennia and need post players much worse. I also think we need a backup PG another combo guard to go along with the stretch forward and combo-guard we have.

Hang, I have known for a while that Saniya was a longshot so I put her in the list, pretty much knowing she was leaning elsewhere...Yes, I was onboard for Saniya, but as a coach who believes I can win with who I have, I have to have the mentality that I don't NEED anyone to win, I can win with who I have. Once Saniya went elsewhere I have to be able to cut the emotions off without a hint of regret and immediately accentuate the perceived positives for my present players with a "We don't need her because I've got you"

Maybe in order to avoid posters having meltdowns over the word elite, you should've said the last top 10 kid.

We're gonna need a rule for how to assess the first recruit whose parents named her "Elite" on the birth certificate.

At least "Unique" is already taken.

"There can be only one!"

How’s her HS competition level? She puts up some SICK numbers and had multiple 20pts and 20rb games. I know she gets good comp with AAU but I haven’t seen what option she is on that team. I wish she could have played this summer and taken on more of a front and center role and got some more work in especially coming off of injury.
I’m not near her but I have moved to near the Charlotte area and I was shocked at how poor some of the girls basketball is around here compared to when we lived in Tennessee.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
He said - “I don't think it was Coach K's inability to land her, I think Coach K saw other needs as more important”.

i interpreted that to be that Harper passed.

Now I understand. But to be far that isn’t the one you posted when you quoted him. I hadn’t gone back far enough to see that post. I could see where you got that. My fault.

I also don’t think you intended to take a dig and poke fun if she chose SC but you also probably could see where other posters think you were trolling a bit even if was just trolling him 😂

I’m not near her but I have moved to near the Charlotte area and I was shocked at how poor some of the girls basketball is around here compared to when we lived in Tennessee.

Gotcha. Thank you! What makes me think she is top level talent was her final 11 yes she has NC schools but she also had offers from Ms St (while Vic was there), SC, MD, ND (while Muffet was there), and of course UConn.

So that tells me they saw her against elite competition, but was wondering how her competition was in school. I know her team struggled really bad without her.

Are there any basketball hotbeds in NC? I don’t know why, but I would think it would be a basketball hotbed with some of the talent that has come from there (albeit most in the men’s side).

Gotcha. Thank you! What makes me think she is top level talent was her final 11 yes she has NC schools but she also had offers from Ms St (while Vic was there), SC, MD, ND (while Muffet was there), and of course UConn.

So that tells me they saw her against elite competition, but was wondering how her competition was in school. I know her team struggled really bad without her.

Are there any basketball hotbeds in NC? I don’t know why, but I would think it would be a basketball hotbed with some of the talent that has come from there (albeit most in the men’s side).
I’m sure she is elite and I’m about 2-3 hours from her so talent could be better where she is..... just bc you play weaker comp at the high school level does not mean that you are not an elite level player....I’m sure she played all the top talent in travel ball.

Rivers was not a player that I thought was high on us thought there were three or four teams that she was more interested in. Still ok if we dont lose Key, Puckett, and get one of the point guards will be a class that we didn't do as well as we needed to if any or all of these players go elsewhere.

Last edited:
We don't have to sign 5 or 6 five star players. Just what fits the teams needs. We already have two great players and with what is returning, a pretty dang good team that will have a years worth of experience in Kellies system. That alone will help increase the win total and reduce the losses. Recruiting effectiveness is more accurately evaluated two years down the road.

Now I understand. But to be far that isn’t the one you posted when you quoted him. I hadn’t gone back far enough to see that post. I could see where you got that. My fault.

I also don’t think you intended to take a dig and poke fun if she chose SC but you also probably could see where other posters think you were trolling a bit even if was just trolling him 😂
Thanks for understanding what I meant. It’s so easy to get confused with so many posts.

I certainly did don’t intend to take a dig at anyone. Not even him. I have a visceral reaction to posts sometimes and post without thinking of how others might take it.

I just love talking basketball and I’m sure I would get less grief if my name was LVfan1952.

Again, sorrry everyone if you thought I was trolling. It wasn’t my intent.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't Teonni want to come here? I can attest (as a younger brother separated by two years) that nothing could be more satisfying than having the opportunity to try to kick your older sibling's butt in practice every day.

And on days when that is accomplished, being able to rub it in that evening over dinner.

Why wouldn't Teonni want to come here? I can attest (as a younger brother separated by two years) that nothing could be more satisfying than having the opportunity to try to kick your older sibling's butt in practice every day.

And on days when that is accomplished, being able to rub it in that evening over dinner.

Nothing like some healthy competition in the family.

Reactions: creekdipper
I am still hoping for this class to add Key, Puckett and any top fifty point guard. This definitely gives us what we need for that class. If one of the inside players decide on us as well to join Striplin even better. I see Kellie going more with the versatile players that can play multiple positions and can shoot from anywhere on the court. The one dimensional player I haven't seen join the team since she became coach except for Grad Transfers to fill in positions. Every player she has added as a freshman has been a player than can play more than one position and has a skill set to shoot it from anywhere on the court. I think she likes inside players that can also shoot it from the three and can make free throws. Striplin is an 80 percent free throw shooter and had a streak of making 27 in a row last season. Puckett is the same kind of shooter except more perimeter oriented she can play inside if needed. Key don't know much about her free throw shooting hopefully better than her sister was last season, but she can play four positions on the court. When you have five starters on the court that can shoot it from anywhere your an offensive team very hard to guard.

I'm sure ND and Stanford thought something similar when they were going for the youngest Mabrey and Samuelson sisters. Your argument has merit; of equal merit is that some players want to go their own way. Who knows which camp Teonni is in?

VN Store

Back