Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to embarrass yourself and your fanbase by being a grade A douche on another team’s board.

Step 1:

Seriously, he may be the only rival fan anywhere in America that’s ever tried to troll an opposing fanbase by claiming that there are too many kids that want to commit to the opposing program.

Missed the mark, counselor. It's OK, most do. I agree on the hating that it is political. However, as in your profession we all live with the facts on the ground. Our nation is at war on multiple fronts. Fact.

I could care less who is at fault and neither does the doc. He/she cares about what the COD is and records accordingly. In many blue states he/she has been given an order from the state and/or hospital to record the COD as COVID-19, period. That's documented and in evidence. The only question that needs resolved is whether the hemophilia (previous example), which actually caused the death, and the COVID-19 should be listed together on the death certificate. If they are listed together the statistics need to reflect it - not be coded strictly as a COVID-19 death. Which is what is happening in many blue states.

As previously stated, if no test for COVID-19 is made, how can the doc legitimately list a COD of COVID-19? He/she can't. It's as invalid as Fauci's "anecdotal" statement about lack of a trial in therapeutics. How can medical researchers, scientists and statisticians who analyze the data and model make life affecting accurate decisions and assumptions with faulty data? One modeler says 2.2 million deaths, then adjusts downward and downward after the panic sets in while the more sinister calculate the best ways to game the system for cash and power. Look what is happening in LA County today. Shutting down for 3 more months when a population of 10 million people has experienced only 1500-1600 deaths that are coded like stated in the paragraph above. That's not science - that's politics and abuse of power for personal and corporate gain.

All of that is a huge flaw in government and the law. Which is my point, not whether COVID is real and who it affects. Fauci claims there is only anecdotal evidence of hydrochloroquine working on COVID-19, discounting docs on the ground using it, while out of the other side of his mouth in 2005 states how excited he was that chloroquine was working great on SARS/COVID at that time. The source of the data from his 2005 statement was as he served as Director of the NIH. Turns out the host cell receptor is the same from then as well as now. Why the change in attitude about the inexpensive, proven med today? We know why.

Fauci knew about HCQ in 2005 -- nobody needed to die

I am not questioning COVID-19 as a serious disease. I am questioning the recording of same as the primary or only COD. From the data that is then recorded all of our lives are affected now and forever more.

Your blood pressure issue I am sorry to hear about. My wife struggles with it as do many in my family and friends. It doesn't kill you. It contributes to what will kill you if treatment for it is not successful. So if you were to die (please don't) from a heart attack induced by high blood pressure or a reaction to your BP meds while having COVID-19 antibodies in your system, should the COD be listed as COVID-19? We know the answer to that. A contributor, possibly. The primary COD? Nope. Yet, it would be coded COVID-19 in states where the statistical abuse is occurring.

And with that I retreat to my currently boring, no sports life.

I am just going to refer to our previous "fact scenario" and analysis, because everything else about trials and treatment are beyond my expertise or knowledge. As to the analysis, I just disagree.

If a scumbag defendant sucker punches a healthy 25 year old in the face and then sucker punches a healthy 80 year old in the face (assuming everything remains equal), the assumption would be that the 25 year old probably has a better chance at living and/or sustain less injury. Certainly, the 80 year old body is older and can't withstand as much, and that can be compared to a disease, too. However, the 80 year old could have lived another 5, 10, 15 years and was not "about to die." The punch was the proximate cause of death, not the fact that his body was 55 years older.

Just like in the accident case, a person with hemophilia can live for a lengthy period of time, if treated. Just with a quick search, men on average live to 73 with moderate cases and into their 60's with more severe cases. If the car accident occurs when the victim was 45 years old, and that person dies, then he lost an average minimum of 15 years of his life. While agreeing that hemophilia could have been a contributing factor, the accident was actually the proximate cause of death. While you don't care who is "at fault" in that scenario, the law actually allows for victims to recover in that circumstance. The point was to compare a legal standard. The law has developed into recognizing that the accident was "the cause of death" rather than hemophilia. In the very same way, but for contracting Covid-19, many people that have died would still be alive today, and some would probably live for many more years.

I am just not a conspiracy theorist and believe that some are suggesting that. The disease is not a scam. That's outrageous. Does the media embellish? Sure. I don't like the media as much as many of you. I have 4 young kids, and I don't even watch CNN/MSNBC/Fox News or whatever else there is. But my occupation was headed for trouble if the courts hadn't stepped in and limited many of the things that we do on a daily basis. I don't really get preoccupied with what a state like California or New York are doing. I focus on what I am doing and can do in my county and how it affects my community.

Finally, with your example of me being treated as a Covid death if I had antibodies and died from a heart attack, I don't know how anyone really knows that. As you know, my job is for people to prove facts, and I would have to see that for myself rather than someone writing about it. That scenario is certainly different than the car accident scenario, because, again, the accident was the proximate cause of death. As I said previously, there are reports that there were NY deaths that were not treated as Covid deaths because they didn't want to waste a test. True? I have no idea, but usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both of our assertions.

I enjoyed the reasoned response. Again, I am probably more similar to everyone here than different. Probably have values that line up pretty closely, but I just differ on this topic. My perspective in a more populated area and defending people who have tested positive have helped form that perspective.

Yeah most likely Dawg if there’s room in the class. UGA not trying to sign 43 players this year like you guys. Bring on the haters.

giphy.gif

Believing in states' rights doesn't mean you blindly accept every BS law or decree your state puts out. The American people are not going to willngly accept tyranny at any level. And I say 'law or decree' because these 'stay at home' orders aren't laws that have been passed by state legislatures; these have been decrees declared by governors, so we will see how the constitutionality of some of them play out in court.

Your comment about a competent centralized government is what it is - nonsense.

Yes, we are all in this together. And anybody that is scared and wants to stay in their home should do so as long as they can afford to do so. The rest of us will take necessary precautions and get on with our lives.
lol...public health is not tyranny. Do you even know what tyranny is?

Now that’s funny right there
I can appreciate a playful jab. Apparently Danny Kanell is saying Florida is winning the East. I think they should be commissioning a highway to be built to alleviate traffic congestion from all the transfers leaving Gainesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back