$/ Corona/eligibility

And what will that draft look like in 21 in terms of rounds and $ allowed to be spent.
I really don’t know the answer to that
If I’m not mistaken, ‘21 draft is 20 rounds with still max $20k free agent. No mas to the ol’ $125k.

Yep. That’s right. 20 rounds is what I have been reading also. You will have all returning seniors that came back, all juniors that came back, all sophs that came back as sophs again but are now age eligible for the draft. Plus high school kids. And only 20 rounds. Gonna be a mess and as usual the kids get the shaft.

Other than Crochet, Walsh and Soul Man, who are locks to go get drafted?

Last edited:
Other than Crochet and Soul Man, who are locks to go get drafted?
Signability will be huge in this draft more then any other. Teams have to sign all their picks. Players in college have never seen before leverage. Leath and Daniels would be in that range in the top 5 range especially Leath. If I’m Leath I would be asking for top dollar. He has 1st round stuff especially with another year with Frank Anderson.

Daniels isn’t in play in the top 5 rounds imo.
Very little shot. The track record isn’t there

I think we lose Crochet (obviously) as well as Soularie and probably Wallace in the 5 round draft. I agree Daniels is on the bubble for top 5 rounds.

I wonder if Crochet goes at the projected #18-24 overall pick. I just wonder if he decides to come back and try to move up to top 1-5 again and get teh big money. There is a huge difference in money between #3 and #24 in the draft. But you also risk a chance of getting hurt and falling or not going up. I think with his stuff and no injuries he moves to top 3 overall next year.

I wonder if Crochet goes at the projected #18-24 overall pick. I just wonder if he decides to come back and try to move up to top 1-5 again and get teh big money. There is a huge difference in money between #3 and #24 in the draft. But you also risk a chance of getting hurt and falling or not going up. I think with his stuff and no injuries he moves to top 3 overall next year.
He would have been top 5 overall if the full season would have been played. A team will get a steal if he goes in that 18-24 range.

He would have been top 5 overall if the full season would have been played. A team will get a steal if he goes in that 18-24 range.
disagree. The injury cost him that chance.

he has to sign now. A year older and too many risk including the possibility the season isn’t even played this upcoming spring.

disagree. The injury cost him that chance.

he has to sign now. A year older and too many risk including the possibility the season isn’t even played this upcoming spring.
I Didn’t say he shouldn’t sign I said he would have been a top 5 pick had the season played out. His injury wasn’t even serious and anyone not taking him because of it will regret it. People inside the program and players will tell you how dominant he was. Hitting triple digits with his fastball with that nasty slider and change. He would have been right there with Hancock and Lacy.

I Didn’t say he shouldn’t sign I said he would have been a top 5 pick had the season played out. His injury wasn’t even serious and anyone not taking him because of it will regret it. People inside the program and players will tell you how dominant he was. Hitting triple digits with his fastball with that nasty slider and change. He would have been right there with Hancock and Lacy.

The needs to sign part of my post was for the op that mentioned he might come back

The fact is the injury serious or not causes reason for doubt fair or not. Just compare him to walker buehler whom fell on draft day and that was after being an unhitable sure in the postseason. Maybe GC makes orgs regret they passes just as WB has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Will not be a top 2 round guy.
Just like the Vols recruiting will start suffering. Yes you once said that. The exact opposite has happened their recruiting has went to another level in the 21, 22 and 23 class. Just like you were wrong about that, you are dead wrong on this. Leath is without question a top 2 round guy if he comes back. He is 3-5th now another year and he’s a first or 2nd rounder for sure.

Just like the Vols recruiting will start suffering. Yes you once said that. The exact opposite has happened their recruiting has went to another level in the 21, 22 and 23 class. Just like you were wrong about that, you are dead wrong on this. Leath is without question a top 2 round guy if he comes back. He is 3-5th now another year and he’s a first or 2nd rounder for sure.
Not with it being a loaded year in next years draft.

FYI, this weekend was the “Triple”.......and by my estimations you are in the top 3rd so you can possibly take the lead if you’re lucky!

Woo hoo, make it a triple. Reminds of Dash Riprocks - or was it bash - on the strip in the 80's that had 3 for 1 drinks.

Thanks for posting that. His stock is sky rocketing. The injury wasn’t serious at all. It was complete precaution and they wanted him geared up strong for the draft. They must be hearing the same. It’s too bad we didn’t get to see him to his Highest potential as a Vol. He would have dominated and I think could have led them to Omaha.

VN Store

Back