4-star dual threat quarterback Kaidon Salter commits to the Vols

His highlight reel is really impressive. Reminds me of the reaction I had to Adrian Martinez's high school highlights. He plays really smart, seems to see the whole field, is accurate and has good touch as a passer. When he needs to move, he keeps his eyes downfield and looks very athletic -- almost graceful. He can elude pass rushes and is an instinctive runner. I know we have a lot of QBs and this guy definitely looks like a QB. But if need be, he looks to be the kind of athlete that can play a lot of different positions.

We gotta coach. We gotta staff. We got players and recruits.
Please God, let us have football this fall!
I don't see him beating Harrison Bailey out for starting quarterback and I think he could after a couple of seasons transfer somewhere like Memphis.

I remember this time last year all the complaints about how lackluster recruiting seemed and how it had better pick up. Still ended up being a fine class but what a difference a year made. Hope we can sign all of the blue chippers and get some more of them.

Reactions: BadgerVol!
Remember Erik Ainge and the other kid? Can’t remember his name. Gosh that was fun when those two frosh made their initial impression.
This kid shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Schaeffer. Different kid, different mindset altogether.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back