Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations on propane bbq grills? Family bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last fall and I expected big things from it. Always thought KitchenAid stuff was great. Been very disappointed with it. Back right quadrant gets super hot but the rest not so much. My previous grills were much hotter. I'm one that believes that if you turn a steak more than once you've ruined it. I usually will throw them steaks on (1.25-1.5" thick) for 2 min and flip and cook for 2 min and it's medium to medium rare. I have to cook steaks on this grill for 10-15 turning multiple times to achieve similar level of doneness. I have an outdoor kitchen where there is a slot for the grill so I have to take the side burners and shelves off the sides. Any suggestions?
Weber. 15-20 year grill
Mine is 10 years old and I’ve only replaced the grates. Ignite switch still works. No flare ups.
I have the genesis with a side burner

Weber. 15-20 year grill
Mine is 10 years old and I’ve only replaced the grates. Ignite switch still works. No flare ups.
I have the genesis with a side burner

Agree completely. I have the Genesis without the side burner. Only replaced the flavorizing burner shields and use the grill on average 1-2 times per week for 8-9 years.

Any recommendations on propane bbq grills? Family bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last fall and I expected big things from it. Always thought KitchenAid stuff was great. Been very disappointed with it. Back right quadrant gets super hot but the rest not so much. My previous grills were much hotter. I'm one that believes that if you turn a steak more than once you've ruined it. I usually will throw them steaks on (1.25-1.5" thick) for 2 min and flip and cook for 2 min and it's medium to medium rare. I have to cook steaks on this grill for 10-15 turning multiple times to achieve similar level of doneness. I have an outdoor kitchen where there is a slot for the grill so I have to take the side burners and shelves off the sides. Any suggestions?

As Dooby posted - Weber Genesis. Built to last and the best on the market.

As Dooby posted - Weber Genesis. Built to last and the best on the market.
I looked at the Webber website and it appears the propane bottle is offset to the side. As mentioned earlier, I have a slot for it to slide into and I have to take the side tables/burners off it. If the bottle has to be over on the side, it won't fit. Do you know if it has to be over on the side?

Take a good look at the smart TV operating systems, if you're planning on using it over a roku/firestick type device... They all don't offer all apps you might want to use, or do use on your roku... Which can be frustrating if you're not aware of it before hand..
As TV's go, 4k/uhd they're all really good quality as far as pictures go.

I have a 65" lg.... And I like it. Surprisingly good sound... And functionally I like it a lot...

I do like Samsung a lot too. Would have got one of it'd of been in sale instead of the LG.

There are a couple things that I think are kinda dumb about mine tho.

My sound bar is blue tooth and the TV has auto connect.. But only for certain brands/models... And mine isn't one of them so I have to connect it when I want to use it. Not a huge deal but it makes no sense. My phone will auto connect to anything it's been connected to in the past and the TV can't? It's dumb for a smart TV In that way.

Also I have it connected to my echo, but the setup was a bit funky. It has an Alexa app in the smart os, but you have to download the LG app and register it they that app, not the Alexa... Again kinda dumb. But it does work... Can turn it on/off, adjust volume, change channels if on the web TV, and launch the pre loaded apps... Amazon, Netflix etc... Doesn't open anything I've added manually...

Still.. Great picture quality and sound... Most all other things about it functionally I like allot.. Those are the only two things I've found that were kinda meh.

And I couldn't beat it for the price either...
Thanks for the tip, the LG OLEDs are amazing picture.

Reactions: jakez4ut
So after this weekend we will have the #1 QB on our list, we will be 1 stud short on the DL of having our d-line set (Page), we will be 1 OLB short of being done there (Mondon or Colson), 1-2 short on the OL, we got our thumper and speedster at RB, we are set at WR and TE all we have to do is go 1 for 3 on the guys we are in on.

Fellas the only thing we really haven’t accounted for has been special teams. We need our replacement for Cimaglia and someone who can just punt the ball at least 30 yards. Will these be PWO type of guys?

It’s a side gig, mainly to scratch an itch. I have a stable 9-5.

Again, what I’ll say is, we’re in trouble regardless. The America we currently live in operates on such small margins for the 99% of us who work every day. Even if we open everything back up - but 10% of the workforce doesn’t come back - or 5% of restaurant goers decide to stay home - or 2% of the people who get this thing die - we’re going to go through a recession of sorts.

In my post you responded too, I mentioned I agreed with that part. The economy is screwed up but if we want a chance of a rebound, we got to get going. Entertainment is a big part of the equation as well for the economy which is big time sporting events.

So after this weekend we will have the #1 QB on our list, we will be 1 stud short on the DL of having our d-line set (Page), we will be 1 OLB short of being done there (Mondon or Colson), 1-2 short on the OL, we got our thumper and speedster at RB, we are set at WR and TE all we have to do is go 1 for 3 on the guys we are in on.

Fellas the only thing we really haven’t accounted for has been special teams. We need our replacement for Cimaglia and someone who can just punt the ball at least 30 yards. Will these be PWO type of guys?
We are taking at least 4 OL, we are missing 1-2 more DBs, at least 1 more TE, at least 1 more pass-rusher, 1 more DL (although we lose 7 next year so they may take as much as possible), and they are still looking at WR. Who knows how they get a K

Dude likes him some spicy funyuns, I see. You're raising him right.

Hahaha, you know it! I started him on spicy food as a toddler...Indian food, burritos with jalapenos, sushi with wasabi.

We are trying to fatten him up so he is going through a bag of spicy funyuns a day on top of his regular diet. They are also amazing dipped in sour cream.

Reactions: drvenner
We are taking at least 4 OL, we are missing 1-2 more DBs, at least 1 more TE, at least 1 more pass-rusher, 1 more DL (although we lose 7 next year so they may take as much as possible), and they are still looking at WR. Who knows how they get a K

Yeah I forgot that we only had Wilcoxson and Rucker as our only DBs. I am not including Jay Jones because I believe he will be a blue shirt or not end up in this class.

Yes, OLED seems to be the best out there, $$$. Thanks fro the recommendation.

I got the 65" LG C9 through Newegg. Saved $500 off Best Buy. But you have to be flexible on delivery time (you're buying from small wholesalers who use drop shippers so it's a plus or minus 30 days on delivery) and you need to check the serial numbers to make sure you're not getting a European model (doesn't have all the bells and whistles the US models have).

Picture is stunning. At times so clear it actually looks a little strange in facial closeups. But you need to avoid a set-up where direct light hits the screen. Too much reflection, much more than a standard LED. At night, with lights down low the picture is simply spectacular. Of course my receiver is three years old so now I have to replace it to be able to take advantage of all the latest features. It never ends.

3 sets of “put down the Funyuns”, son 😂

That's funny! We are trying to get him to gain weight so having him eat hea6, lots of protein and good fats and letting him eat junk food.

He keeps getting taller but staying skinny so his pediatrician said load him up on milkshakes and a mandatory bowl of ice cream before bed.

I swear pediatricians aren't happy if your kid isn't chubby. The freaking kid had a little 4 pack at 2 years old...pissed the doctors off like we were starving him.

Guys the next 4 years are really going to be something to watch. I personally believe last years WR class is going to be the best we have brought in in a LONG time and this years class is going to come close to it. We have HB on campus that can sling it around and Salter who’s film is incredible. Thee guys are going to have weapons on the outside along with a good mix behind them at RB. Our offense is going to be flat out special.

You couple this with was we are seeing in defensive recruiting and DAMN! We will have the best roster + coaching staff combo that we have had since the early 2000’s.

We are coming boys!

I looked at the Webber website and it appears the propane bottle is offset to the side. As mentioned earlier, I have a slot for it to slide into and I have to take the side tables/burners off it. If the bottle has to be over on the side, it won't fit. Do you know if it has to be over on the side?

Unfortunately I don't because mine is a natural gas unit.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back