Will there be football in 2020?

OffTackleVol

was quoted by SDS as saying we will not have fans in the stands this fall. Wow, what a bold statement. Contrary to what he's saying, SEC campuses, with Vandy being the exception, have all said students will be back on campus this fall. I'd say football season is a go with fans in the stands......no doubt in my mind. Somebody needs to reel this guy in..........

was quoted by SDS as saying we will not have fans in the stands this fall. Wow, what a bold statement. Contrary to what he's saying, SEC campuses, with Vandy being the exception, have all said students will be back on campus this fall. I'd say football season is a go with fans in the stands......no doubt in my mind. Somebody needs to reel this guy in..........
Easier to enforce some measure of social distancing when allowing students to return to classrooms than having 102k in a football stadium. I know they are going to try and have classes, but I bet you all the common areas will still be closed off.

Having football with no fans is much better than nothing. It'll be really weird watching games on TV with no crowd presence/noise.

Gene Smith the AD at Ohio St made a comment recently that he didn’t think it made sense to play games without fans in attendance. Of course if it’s either that or not playing at all I’m sure he wouldn’t scrap the season

Easier to enforce some measure of social distancing when allowing students to return to classrooms than having 102k in a football stadium. I know they are going to try and have classes, but I bet you all the common areas will still be closed off.

Having football with no fans is much better than nothing. It'll be really weird watching games on TV with no crowd presence/noise.

There will be fans in the stands. YouTube Dr. Judy Mikovits and tell me what you think.

How about we all sit in the stands at Neyland and the game is broadcast live from a local High School field? JumbotronMania!

They could pipe the noise in Live to the High School field. And we can drink $14 Mich Ultras!!

Last edited:
Reactions: EZE and Metairievol

Games will be held in the garden center at your local Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Home Depot; this way there will be no restrictions on the number of fans in attendance. In other news, there will be taped arrows on the aisle floor to direct teams on which way to go in order to score.

This crap is completely out of control. Someone tell all the so-called "medical experts" to grab a set of scrubs and either help with patients or go find a treatment protocol, but for the love of all that is good and righteous get them all away from every form of media before they convince half the world there is no hope or reason to live. Talk about people being "out of their lane."

He is correct.

There will be no college football this Fall. Sorry.

We're still at the beginning of the pandemic in all likelihood. The South largely missed Round #1, but Round #2 after the virus mutates will hit TN during normal flu season (beginning October or so). It sucks, but real life is on hold.

The NFL might be able to finagle something... having all the players congregate in one location and not leave kind of situation. "Football Island". Could happen.

This sucks for UT. We were going to really have fun this season, I think. 9-3... maybe even better.

If there's a silver lining, hopefully we'll appreciate life even more once this passes.

Last edited:
He is correct.

There will be no college football this Fall. Sorry.

We're still at the beginning of the pandemic in all likelihood. The South largely missed Round #1, but Round #2 after the virus mutates will hit TN this fall. It sucks, but real life is on hold.

LMAO..........want to bet your stimulus check?

South Carolina will have no problem with that...they already pump so much noise into the stadium anyway.

I guess that's your opinion. No doubt she's an expert. Many doctors out there agreeing with her. Stay at home orders didn't make sense 6 weeks ago, and doesn't now.

Many doctors probably disagree with her. There is no real right answer that doesn't sacrifice something. Most media today is trash regardless of their political stance.

VN Store

Back