Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tennessee has done the best job. We expect LSU, Georgia and others to land four-stars based on their home-state advantages and recent success, but Jeremy Pruitt and his staff are selling a vision and that’s much harder to do. So landing key players like Lewis from Florida,
Kamar Wilcoxson from Georgia and Brooks from Alabama is especially impressive to me. They have been the talk of the recruiting world the last couple of weeks.”

Rivals.com - Ask Farrell: Which SEC school has been best with 2021 class

I really hope we can pull in a few highly regarded corners this year. With the success Pruitt and Ansley have had with turning ATHs and ex-WRs into stud DBs I'm surprised we are having so much trouble getting those guys to jump in the boat. Be nice to get Isaiah Johnson, Omarion Cooper, or Nyland Greene and let them learn behind Young, Taylor and Burrell.

@HankHill
Hope I didn't come off short in my answers. I need to stop jumping from the RF to the PF and back while arguing, lol. I understand and agree with your outrage. I'd love to see the book thrown at these guys because I think their actions were egregious, but you have to go with the charge you can prove if you hope to see punishment. The last thing I would want to see is these guys get off scot free.

@HankHill
Hope I didn't come off short in my answers. I need to stop jumping from the RF to the PF and back while arguing, lol. I understand and agree with your outrage. I'd love to see the book thrown at these guys because I think their actions were egregious, but you have to go with the charge you can prove if you hope to see punishment. The last thing I would want to see is these guys get off scot free.
who is hank hill?

I really hope we can pull in a few highly regarded corners this year. With the success Pruitt and Ansley have had with turning ATHs and ex-WRs into stud DBs I'm surprised we are having so much trouble getting those guys to jump in the boat. Be nice to get Isaiah Johnson, Omarion Cooper, or Nyland Greene and let them learn behind Young, Taylor and Burrell.
Bring me Grimes!

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
We have a lot of tough guys ready to kill an intruder. I suggest thinking twice if it ever were to happen. You may steal life from someone that doesn’t deserve it.

I have a friend who shot an intruder here in Atlanta. He lives on one of the wealthiest streets in the city and had dealt with prowlers on the property multiple times but was always able to phone the police to investigate.

One morning around 2AM he heard a crash downstairs and then footsteps inside. His wife grabbed the newborn and called the police. He grabbed a shotgun and stood at the top of the steps yelling, “Get out of the house. The police are coming” over and over. The intruder kept rummaging around downstairs. After a few minutes he started up the steps. Imagine the homeowners fear and desire to protect his wife and baby.

My friend leveled the gun once the intruder was in view, said a quick prayer, then in that split second decided to aim for the leg rather than the chest. Nearly took off the guys leg.

Police arrive, take the intruder to the hospital, and leave a phone number for a service that cleans up afterwards due to all the blood.

As it turns out the intruder was just blackout drunk. He wandered over from the local bar Moondogs and was just too obliterated to know what he was doing. Apparently he had done similar things in the past but this was the worst. My friend was glad he didn’t shoot to kill as was the intruder who got alcohol addiction help as part of his sentence. Overall the sentence was pretty light because the homeowners did their best to help.

This is just one case, and they’re all different, but I would think twice if you have the opportunity.

@HankHill
I cant do both PF and RF at the same time. Two different mentalities lol. That's why you see me gone for stretches

no dude. Doesn’t matter if a person stole everything in the whole state, it doesn’t give a normal citizen the right to murder them. This has racism written all over it and i hope they get the death penalty.
That is a massive assumption, and if someone breaks in my home, and I catch them..they will get what is coming to them.

I despise thieves that break-in and violate others homes. They do deserve whatever happens to them.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I cant do both PF and RF at the same time. Two different mentalities lol. That's why you see me gone for stretches
I'm normally better at it, but had discussions in two PF threads(one about religion) while trying to discuss here as well. But yeah, two very different mentalities. I find that true of just about every forum.

Bring me Grimes!
Or Terrion Arnold...I just think what this staff has done with guys with no experience at CB like Taylor, and think what they can do with folks already ahead on the learning curve for that position. Although starting someone to it brand new means they don't have to coach out any bad habits I guess.

Off topic dog talk, sorry.

Does anyone on here have any connections with local or state police K-9 units? One of my good friends has a 22 mos male Belgian Malinois he needs to surrender. He did everything possible training wise that needed to be done, professionally and personally, but the dog is not suitable for a family dog. A few instances with the latest sending his wife to the hospital.
The dog would be a prime candidate for service work. He’s a one handler type dog. He’s big for a Mal, 85+ lbs. very obedient to him, but no one else.
He’s looking for all options and leads before having him put down.
I have exhausted my malinois connections, and he’s not having any luck either. Just reaching out to see if y’all know any police handlers he can reach out to gauge interest. Thanks!

Regarding the topic that I won't be delving back into, I will highly recommend Malcolm Gladwell's book "Talking to Strangers"
It is not a lecture at anyone. But it is a fascinating read and look at how these situations break down. Even before paths are crossed.
I found it extremely insightful and an easy read, especially if you can picture Malcolm's voice and rhythm reading it (assuming it isn't a voice that annoys you).
I personally see it as a must read for today's society. It is also not an obtrusively politically bent book which was refreshing.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back