Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be interesting to see how important the decision makers decide having fans in attendance is.

If it’s a dealbreaker, I’d say for sure we’re getting pushed back to the spring. But my guess is they’ll take the TV money now vs. the attendance money ~6 months later.
I am going to say they will wait on fans. Wrestle mania with no fans bombed and I guarantee the KBO with no fans will bomb over there. College football is more centralized to specific locations than NFL so I doubt the tv ratings would be 1/2 as good as what they were last year. JMO. College doesn’t work without fans. NFL would.

It’ll be interesting to see how important the decision makers decide having fans in attendance is.

If it’s a dealbreaker, I’d say for sure we’re getting pushed back to the spring. But my guess is they’ll take the TV money now vs. the attendance money ~6 months later.

Only thing about a spring season is then you would have a fall season later that same year, that would be tough on the players.

so it is the victims fault for fighting for his life?
No, but he did make the choice to attack a man with a gun when there were other options. Had he run around them and attempted to keep going this might be different. Had the shooters not brandished weapons and instead just followed things would have been different. Stupid decisions all around but the shooter certainly bears the vast majority of responsibility here hands down. Which is why I believe he'll be charged with manslaughter and rightfully so.

People who say we’re Nebraska are FOS and frankly, have no clue what they’re talking about. Is Tennessee as good a job as UGA or Bama? No. But do they know how many talented players are within a 5 hour drive of Knoxville? More than enough to at least get Auburn-level results. How about Nebraska? Yeah. Lol. Ever since 2003, slowly but surely, more and more clowns got in control of the program and in turn, they hired clowns and clown head coaches. That’s been the problem. People making decisions who didn’t know wtf they were doing or didn’t care enough about the program. Now, we’ll see. Looks like our Ath Dep is much more aligned to me.

I’ll always counter this by saying that Knoxville is a day’s drive from 2/3 of the population of the country. It’s also a day’s found trip drive to Atlanta, Charlotte, and Nashville. If location was a problem, why did Clemson blow up? They did it by taking ahold of the recruiting footprint that UT had a generation ago and recruiting East TN and GA kids.

Speaking of... Dabo is a dweeb and I am looking forward to the day that we can schedule Clemson and kick their teeth in.

No, but he did make the choice to attack a man with a gun when there were other options. Had he run around them and attempted to keep going this might be different. Had the shooters not brandished weapons and instead just followed things would have been different. Stupid decisions all around but the shooter certainly bears the vast majority of responsibility here hands down. Which is why I believe he'll be charged with manslaughter and rightfully so.
lol imagine defending the shooters in anyway possible.

lol imagine defending the shooters in anyway possible.

This is why my tax dollars pay for law enforcement, and if I ruled the world more of it would go to them for pay, insurance, and training. I want the best of the best handling situations like this. I don’t want a couple of yahoos in a pickup being judge, jury, and executioner. Even if he was a legit suspect, they should have just called the cops and followed while staying in the phone.

I still can’t figure out why there was a second car filming on the wrong side of the road. It’s so strange.

I’ll always counter this by saying that Knoxville is a day’s drive from 2/3 of the population of the country. It’s also a day’s found trip drive to Atlanta, Charlotte, and Nashville. If location was a problem, why did Clemson blow up? They did it by taking ahold of the recruiting footprint that UT had a generation ago and recruiting East TN and GA kids.

Speaking of... Dabo is a dweeb and I am looking forward to the day that we can schedule Clemson and kick their teeth in.

UGA is better because of geography. You make a valid point about Clemson, but they are still half the drive for most of Atlanta. My brother used to live in a NE suburb of Atlanta, and Clemson was an hour and a half. Just far enough to be away but just close enough to be home. Clemson is also closer to most of the talent in NC.

But overall, yes, with the right coach and staff, UT can be a high level program.

Reactions: RiotVol
I am going to say they will wait on fans. Wrestle mania with no fans bombed and I guarantee the KBO with no fans will bomb over there. College football is more centralized to specific locations than NFL so I doubt the tv ratings would be 1/2 as good as what they were last year. JMO. College doesn’t work without fans. NFL would.
Could be. We’re all jonesing for sports, but I wonder when sports come back, how soon until ratings start to drop back down to normal levels? Three weeks?

If the decision is made to wait for crowds, we’re almost certainly not getting college sports until next Feb/March.
Only thing about a spring season is then you would have a fall season later that same year, that would be tough on the players.
Yeah, I’d be cool if we just decided to play conference games for the next two years. 16 games over a 12 month period is doable, especially if you give these kids the summer off.

Murder is all about intent. No evidence supports that they acted with intent to kill. But, there is support that their actions led to an unwarranted death. That would mean manslaughter. I think both guys deserve prosecution(and they're horrible people IMO), but you have to go with the proper charge, which is manslaughter.

What? Lol they rode up on an unarmed black man with guns With the intent to harm, and when it didn’t go as planned, billy ray turned to his gun.

Reactions: MarcoVol
This is why my tax dollars pay for law enforcement, and if I ruled the world more of it would go to them for pay, insurance, and training. I want the best of the best handling situations like this. I don’t want a couple of yahoos in a pickup being judge, jury, and executioner. Even if he was a legit suspect, they should have just called the cops and followed while staying in the phone.

I still can’t figure out why there was a second car filming on the wrong side of the road. It’s so strange.
Exactly. Even if he robbed every house in the neighborhood, it’s still murder.

People need to stop being cowards and open this thing back up so we can develop herd immunity. We may not develop a vaccine for years. We can't stay locked inside and live in fear of a virus that has a survival rate over over 99%

What? Lol they rode up on an unarmed black man with guns With the intent to harm, and when it didn’t go as planned, billy ray turned to his gun.

Their claim is the intent was to detain and question. You can't prove intent to murder. You can prove their actions resulted in the death of a man. That's manslaughter. We both agree they were wrong, but the law is the law. The proper legal charge here is manslaughter. If the DA goes for murder the case will fall short and these men could possibly go unpunished. You go with what you can prove, not with what you think happened.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Let fans make the choice whether or not they want to accept the risk and attend games. It’d be nice to finally have some elbow room in Neyland.
well, to be fair, there's been plenty of elbow room in the upper deck for a couple years now...lol.

The governor of Kentucky is a freakin idiot..and he has so many dumbasses up here fooled thanks to the garbage media.

I do an occasional KY versus TN COVID thumbnail comparison ever since the village idiot spouted off, usually in the other thread. Of course, let's never miss an opportunity to nail KY. As of yesterday:

KY
Total Tests 61,013
Positives 5,812
Deaths 275
Population 4.6 M

TN
Total Tests 218,796
Positives 13,690
Deaths 226
Population 6.8M

Gov. Lee has even tested the prisons and they are in the totals. Wonder what would happen if KY actually tested a proportionate number of people and at risk groups based on population? Yeah, we know.

so it is the victims fault for fighting for his life?
Not saying he was..but IF he was the thief that was breaking into houses in that neighborhood..once again I am not saying he was..but IF he was, then he was responsible for the whole chain of events...and I am not saying those guys should have shot him even if he was the thief, just that considering how piss poor the police investigate robberies and break ins, it is extremely frustrating to people who have suffered that violation.

I don't know how we could ever know now if he was the guy or not, but thieves deserve whatever happens to them.

I despise thieves.

Exactly. Even if he robbed every house in the neighborhood, it’s still murder.
Not by law. I understand the outrage, but don't let your emotions blind you to written law. The standard for proving murder is higher than proving manslaughter, and without clear intent, you're not going to get a murder conviction. Reasonable doubt. Manslaughter is easier to prove because their actions led to the man's death. If the DA charges murder, I doubt he wins the case. Then the men go unpunished. Charge them with manslaughter and it's more likely to lead to a conviction.

Their claim is the intent was to detain and question. You can't prove intent to murder. You can prove their actions resulted in the death of a man. That's manslaughter. We both agree they were wrong, but the law is the law. The proper legal charge here is manslaughter. If the DA goes for murder the case will fall short and these men could possibly go unpunished. You go with what you can prove, not with what you think happened.
i get what youre saying and I’m admittedly ignorant on a lot of laws but They do not have the right to detain and question anybody. Tho. That in itself is false imprisonment maybe even kidnapping. Right?
So what is the difference in this and someone attempting to kidnap a woman/man and the victim ends up getting killed in while defending themselves?

Police investigations of break-ins are a freakin joke.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not saying he was..but IF he was the thief that was breaking into houses in that neighborhood..once again I am not saying he was..but IF he was, then he was responsible for the whole chain of events...and I am not saying those guys should have shot him even if he was the thief, just that considering how piss poor the police investigate robberies and break ins, it is extremely frustrating to people who have suffered that violation.

I don't know how we could ever know now if he was the guy or not, but thieves deserve whatever happens to them.

I despise thieves.
no dude. Doesn’t matter if a person stole everything in the whole state, it doesn’t give a normal citizen the right to murder them. This has racism written all over it and i hope they get the death penalty.

Not by law. I understand the outrage, but don't let your emotions blind you to written law. The standard for proving murder is higher than proving manslaughter, and without clear intent, you're not going to get a murder conviction. Reasonable doubt. Manslaughter is easier to prove because their actions led to the man's death. If the DA charges murder, I doubt he wins the case. Then the men go unpunished. Charge them with manslaughter and it's more likely to lead to a conviction.

So the reason you think this wouldn’t win a murder case is because their “intent” was to just detain and question (kidnap) rather than to kill? Pretty evident they intended to do some kind of harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back