Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless that cat jogging murdered someone in their family, the video shows all you need to know.

Even if he had committed burglary, he didn’t deserve to die. And if those two hilljacks feared for their lives bc one black man was jogging towards them then idk, maybe they should be such pu*sies. Why even be toting loaded guns and be in the middle of the street unless you’re looking for trouble
I get that, but why attack an armed man when there were other options? Both sides acted stupidly. Had they shot him as he was running by I'd be completely on board charging them with murder. He wasnt shot until he attacked the guy with the shotgun. That makes this whole case very complicated. Not sure what they should be charged with but feel like they deserve some charge.

Been arguing about that video in the PF. This wasn't a simple break in. They saw the deceased looking into the window of a house under construction, armed themselves, and pursued him. When he tried to cut back, they blocked his path. They created a situation that made the decease feel threatened, and it led to his death. No way do I think their actions were justified. They didn't catch this guy breaking into their house. He wasn't even on their property. He was in the middle of the road when he was confronted by two armed strangers. They deserve to be prosecuted.

I get that, but why attack an armed man when there were other options? Both sides acted stupidly. Had they shot him as he was running by I'd be completely on board charging them with murder. He wasnt shot until he attacked the guy with the shotgun. That makes this whole case very complicated. Not sure what they should be charged with but feel like they deserve some charge.

They should be charged with murder. They’re the ones who were there with loaded guns ready to shoot. They murdered that dude.

I feel the same as I did with Zimmerman. i view Trayvon and this kid as defenders of their person and the shooters as the aggressors.

JMO, they should be charged with manslaughter.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol

BS. This isn't a law enforcement situation where it can be argued (sometimes poorly) that he should have complied. These are some random dudes that stuck a gun in his face.
Fight or flight kicks in. And he did the only thing he thought would offer him survival. Unfortunately it didn't.
It is murder. They aggressed first drawing guns.

Jogging in cargos with a belt on. Apparently they were having a lot of burglaries in the neighborhood and these 2 dodos were self patroling.

They aren't the law. They still need to answer for their killing of another human being.

Edit: Not saying this against you, just against the dumb reason that was given.

Reactions: almirUT and UTProf
Try fighting a man for his gun out and grabbing it out of his hands, you’ll probably get shot
No man should try to grab and take another man's "gun"...even if said man is carrying it in his hand in the open, which is totally inappropriate to begin with. Keep your "pistol" in your pants, folks.

Reactions: MarcoVol
BS. This isn't a law enforcement situation where it can be argued (sometimes poorly) that he should have complied. These are some random dudes that stuck a gun in his face.
Fight or flight kicks in. And he did the only thing he thought would offer him survival. Unfortunately it didn't.
It is murder. They aggressed first drawing guns.
I don't see them stuck a gun in his face. They were armed though.

They brought the weapon to the confrontation. Not sure his engagement with them should change much, but a jury could see it differently.

Option of manslaughter HAS TO BE there. You've seen some cases where it doesnt filter down and doesnt fit the highest charge so an acquittal occurs.
Not a lawyer, but I'd say you charge them with manslaughter with the option of involuntary manslaughter. I don't think their intent was necessarily murder, but they absolutely created the situation that led to the man's death. If not for their actions, he would still be alive.

I've come to the conclusion (in light of recent posters), that there needs to be a "RFF mandatory reading" sticky.

If I actually knew how, I would do a poll for this.

...but (imo) it should start with...#1. If you are new/or are coming here from the FF...then shut the **** UP until you learn to follow the rest of the rules...

The rest of the rules to be determined by current RF members...keeping in mind that we don't always agree, but do still take up for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back