Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

About this meat shortage... I'm just thinking out load here because i don't know. But the things that are shut down are the meat processing plants. I'm assuming those are just processed meat plants (bologna, hot dogs, etc). But there should still be plenty of meat available a lot local grocers and butcher shops for whole cuts of meat, right?

All it would take is a TP style run on meat and the country is in big big trouble .

And I understand that they probably do more than just that. I guess I was just wondering if it means that there wouldn't be meat available for local butchers or grocers.

The one I worked at did it all from the live box cars to the boxed up ground beef and everything in between .

This virus is easy to control but we have too many stupid people in the country. Wash your damn hands. Feel sick? Stay in. Cover your damn mouth while coughing. Shut your mouth when chewing your food (just for manners ya dolts). Dont stand nut to heel with people in stores. Get outside. Eat your wheaties. Take a multivitamin. Dont be stupid.

Sigh....there’s so much wrong with this.

1) The data isn’t through May 1 - it is through April 25th. When the website says “Updated May 1” it just means the data for each of the weeks included in the report were updated on that day.

2) The data for death certificates takes on average 10 days to get and can take up to 8 weeks. So it will always trail numbers like worldometers because the CDC is waiting on death certificates.

3) The author of this goes on to cite a modeled 80,000 flu number. If he used the same CDC data for the 17-18 season he would see there were only 15,620 flu deaths recorded from death certificates. The rest is modeled. And a COVID number will eventually be modeled as well, and it will likely be higher than currently reported (though not the 6-7x for flu due to more aggressive testing)

I've seen it all now. Espn today has had on tetris, golden tee, rock skipping, and watermelon seed tournaments.

Edit: Cherry pit seed spitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79
This virus is easy to control but we have too many stupid people in the country. Wash your damn hands. Feel sick? Stay in. Cover your damn mouth while coughing. Shut your mouth when chewing your food (just for manners ya dolts). Dont stand nut to heel with people in stores. Get outside. Eat your wheaties. Take a multivitamin. Dont be stupid.
Wash your hands after you use the restroom...

That scares me more than corona... we have some nasty people in this world.

Wash your hands after you use the restroom...

That scares me more than corona... we have some nasty people in this world.

It should if you aren’t a regular at Truck stops . If you are, you immune system has been batter with so much stuff you could probably take an Ebola hit and chalk it up to a bad burrito you got in San Antonio . Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DC_Vol

VN Store

Back