'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

“Tennessee really has been waiting on me,” Evans said. “That was my first offer. From the jump of recruiting, they knew that I was the guy that they wanted. Since they’ve been recruiting me, they’ve shown me that they really wanted me and stuff. It’s a lot of opportunity at Tennessee. It’s a dream come true for me. I’ve never had this kind of opportunity in my life honestly. With me building the relationship with the coaches, I just felt like that was the smart move.”

Living in South Carolina, and knowing the expectations were he was headed to Columbia, Evans expected some blowback from fans on social media regarding his decision. He’s seen the comments and can only respond to them with a “SMH.” Evans felt he needed to go out of the state as a way of starting to rebuild his public image. “People are trying to make it like I’m trying to bash my home state,” Evans said. “They’ve just got to understand me by respecting my decision. I had to get away from South Carolina. There’s too much stuff I’ve gone through out there. It’s deeper than what I’m just talking about on the phone. It’s deeper than that. I’m not comfortable right now with explaining that stuff.”

Evans was one of the state’s top backs in 2018 and played in the Touchstone Energy Bowl North-South Game where he earned Offensive MVP honors for the South after rushing for 142 yards and catching one pass for 53 yards.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...ecruiting/phil-kornblut/article242414406.html

Stats @ Hartsville HS:

2015 (RB): 697 rushing yards & 10 TDs
2016 (RB): 166 carries for 2,247 yards & 28 TDs along with 18 receptions for 540 yards & 8 TDs...ran for 264 yards in 4A state championship game
2017 (RB): 143 carries for 2,076 yards & 28 TDs
2018 (QB): 126 carries for 1,477 yards & 25 TDs...69 of 117 passing for 1,345 & 13 TDs with 3 INTs

Averaged 13.3 yards per carry over his last 3 seasons, not too shabby.

Last edited:
You should check out Tiyon’s thread on SC’s 247 chat room. If you don’t feel like looking through the hundreds of posts, I’ll go ahead and give a synopsis of what they are saying:

1. 3* do not want
2. UT is clearly cheating
3. Our RB room is way better than UT’s and Evans is afraid of the competition
4. Evans has behavior issues. Do not want
5. Muschump sucks and has set the program back for years to come.

My personal favorite was from someone who believes that their facilities and academics are just as good, if not better, than UT’s. Lol

Good stuff!

Travis Henry says states are not an issue for him.
funny u brought up Travis Henry he reminds me a lot of CHeese on the field... hopefully he won't have the same off the field 'issues'. Travis'' issues never affected his play but they sure did affect him after he retired...

You should check out Tiyon’s thread on SC’s 247 chat room. If you don’t feel like looking through the hundreds of posts, I’ll go ahead and give a synopsis of what they are saying:

1. 3* do not want

My personal favorite was from someone who believes that their facilities and academics are just as good, if not better, than UT’s. Lol

Good stuff!
#4.. It sounds like the exact opposite to me. The kid obviously has done some things wrong when he was in high school. It sounds like he is doing what he is supposed to and is learning from his mistakes. A 3.7 GPA and doesn't want to go back to be around bad influences sounds like someone focused and has his head on straight.

#4.. It sounds like the exact opposite to me. The kid obviously has done some things wrong when he was in high school. It sounds like he is doing what he is supposed to and is learning from his mistakes. A 3.7 GPA and doesn't want to go back to be around bad influences sounds like someone focused and has his head on straight.
Agree. Sounds like he realized he needed a better/different environment, and has grown as a result.

1. 3* do not want

Good stuff!

Got a link for that? Sound like some fun reading on a lazy Thursday afternoon!

I thought this one was hillarious...

-vagamecock18
Posted on 6 hrs, , User Since 52 months ago, User Post Count: 293
  • 6 hrs
  • 52 months
"Just want to have it down in writing that while he was trending to South Carolina he was a 247sports 88. We will see what happens now that he commits to a school they tend to give bumps to."

Last edited:
And best of all, the 'We didn't want him anyway!'...

-ShawmeyourTDs
Posted on 6 hrs, , User Since 52 months ago, User Post Count: 1,634
  • 6 hrs
  • 52 months
"Just talked to someone inside program... seems like he wasn't as high up on the board as most people think..."

-tanderbogus
Posted on 6 hrs, , User Since 115 months ago, User Post Count: 1,675
  • 6 hrs
  • 115 months
LibertyAlumUSCFan said... (original post)Could care less about some 3* JUCO nobody.
show more​
"all will be forgiven if we land a 4 star RB that has 4 years of eligibility

evans would only have 2 years to play, right? that would be 2 years sitting behind lloyd if lloyd is what he's expected to be"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back