Tennessee 2020 Schedule Analysis By Athlon

So we’ll basically have no surprises.

How original.

So we’ll basically have no surprises.

How original.
Not if we play basically “2 perfect” games against OU and UF according to Athlon. I have a great deal of respect for what OU and UF have done, and we have no room to talk, but I don’t think we have to play perfect to beat them. Their records speak for themselves, but I think they were flawed football teams last year. OU could’ve been a 3/4 loss team last year. UF didn’t look like world beaters against us, we turned Trask over 3 times I think and then the offense missed multiple scoring opportunities . I’m not saying we would’ve won or should’ve won because Florida was the better team, but the score should’ve been much more competitive .

Not if we play basically “2 perfect” games against OU and UF according to Athlon. I have a great deal of respect for what OU and UF have done, and we have no room to talk, but I don’t think we have to play perfect to beat them. Their records speak for themselves, but I think they were flawed football teams last year. OU could’ve been a 3/4 loss team last year. UF didn’t look like world beaters against us, we turned Trask over 3 times I think and then the offense missed multiple scoring opportunities . I’m not saying we would’ve won or should’ve won because Florida was the better team, but the score should’ve been much more competitive .

Completely agree. If we don’t give away easy conversions or scores and don’t get caught in the wash we should at the very least be competitive.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
We were not even competitive against Florida last year. We got totally dominated the way I remember it. I don't think its going to happen like that again for quite a while though.Pruitt is building a team that will go toe to toe with anyone.

Reactions: 08Vol
Oklahoma, UGA, Florida, and Alabama have to replace a ton of production on both sides of the ball. I think those lines are a lot closer than they appear.

Oklahoma, UGA, Florida, and Alabama have to replace a ton of production on both sides of the ball. I think those lines are a lot closer than they appear.
Think UGA and Bama are mainly replacing guys on offense, UGA more so than Bama. UF is replacing a few on both, but gets their QB back.

I just noticed for the first time I can remember that the back half of the schedule includes a good SEC team. I always thought UT handled their scheduling perfectly. Play the best in the first half of the schedule then if you lose you'll usually finish the season on a win streak. Have they ever played Georgia so late in the season?

We were not even competitive against Florida last year. We got totally dominated the way I remember it. I don't think its going to happen like that again for quite a while though.Pruitt is building a team that will go toe to toe with anyone.
I think we probably could’ve been ahead at halftime last year. We left a lot of points on the field through turnovers and missed opportunities. Florida was definitely a better team, but I’m not chalking them up as an automatic L this coming season.

I think we probably could’ve been ahead at halftime last year. We left a lot of points on the field through turnovers and missed opportunities. Florida was definitely a better team, but I’m not chalking them up as an automatic L this coming season.

The Jennings drop which was intercepted in the endzone is a catch he makes 99 times out of 100...but in typical UT vs UF fashion instead of being JUST a dropped TD pass it was compounded. Next was the overthrow to DWA (I believe) who was wide open running down the field. Giving up the TD to end the half was the nail in coffin.

I don't see how Bama is going to be on top again. Last year they were probably the most beatable they've been in over a decade...and they lost a lot of starting talent. It depends if Jones takes that leap or not.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back