Aaliyah Moore to TX

mcannon1

Vic has gotten both Rori Harmon and top 10 player Moore to verbal in his first month.

Vic has gotten both Rori Harmon and top 10 player Moore to verbal in his first month.

We can't grade Coach K until her next season,,,The only concern I have with Coach K's acquires for this year is being addressed in next year's invitee (Brooklynn Miles). If things workout and we get BM, I am ok with no gets in the PG realm for this year...Also, looking at the ones we do have, Destiny Salary has both handles and speed so she may be an ex-factor for help in the bringdowns this year

Vic is a great coach with a proven track record of success. So far, all of the top ten players in 2021 are committing to coaches that can help them develop into all-Americans at the college level.

Link: Blue Star Basketball

Reactions: mcannon1
Vic is a great coach with a proven track record of success. So far, all of the top ten players in 2021 are committing to coaches that can help them develop into all-Americans at the college level.

Link: Blue Star Basketball

These young players want is a coach that is popular, well known. Most players now wants to taste different schools as soon as that opportunity comes. During Diana, etc time players hang in there no matter what happens.

Vic will have a far easier time pulling in top players to Texas than he did at Miss St. The last coach had five star players up and down the roster underachieved in wins. Vic will get the wins.

Reactions: glv98
Vic will have a far easier time pulling in top players to Texas than he did at Miss St. The last coach had five star players up and down the roster underachieved in wins. Vic will get the wins.
agree

Just as Coach K has access to higher recruits here at UT

Reactions: feathersax
agree

In order to get them you have to prove yourself and that is why it takes time. Vic got it going really well at Miss St in year four. Year three was about like what Kellie did here last year and the first two seasons were totally not that great the first was a big loser. That is why I have not been that disappointed with recruiting thus far with so many established programs to compete against that have accomplished more than Tennessee in the last several years. I still expect a recruiting class that is top ten or close just because of the Tennessee past history. I will be more than happy with Stripling, Puckett, Key, and a point guard that is ranked in the top 30. I will be disappointed if we can't get one of Puckett or Key need them both and also if we can't get at least one other top thirty player that is a point or at least a combo guard. I will be even more discouraged if all the players are not a lot better the second year in the program. I have to see improvement from all the freshmen, Burrell, McCoy, even KK needs to be better. Development of players is one of the most important parts of a coaching staffs job. If they aren't better shooting and also free throws they haven't put in the work and that will be a huge red flag for me concerning this staff.

Last edited:
I think they need to up their effort to get Teonni
She isn't going to fall into our program
we have to work for her even though big sis is here

Reactions: djtee
agree

Right. She has access but not relationships. Vic was all ready in relationship with the players that he has coming to Texas. They were going to sign with him anyway. KJH relationships were built while at Mo state and not with LV quality players. She is now building relationships with LV quality players but in today's market she is late to the dance. She started last year with the high school freshmen and sophomores. This year she is in on some juniors but not many. Next year will see a pick up in the recruits.

What havenā€™t they been doing with their effort to get Key?
Excellent question. I don't think anyone on this board knows what is really going on in the recruiting grind. How many phone calls, texts, face times, Zooms are done by which coaches with which recruits. As far as what's going on in the heads of 17 year old girls faced with life changing decisions; not even their parents are aware of the myriad of influences going on in their children's lives. Why they haven't decided is locked into more threads than the back of a tapestry. For anyone to state unequivocally that a coach should do this or that without direct knowledge is to cast the coach in a negative light intimating the professional isn't performing their job sufficiently.

Excellent question. I don't think anyone on this board knows what is really going on in the recruiting grind. How many phone calls, texts, face times, Zooms are done by which coaches with which recruits. As far as what's going on in the heads of 17 year old girls faced with life changing decisions; not even their parents are aware of the myriad of influences going on in their children's lives. Why they haven't decided is locked into more threads than the back of a tapestry. For anyone to state unequivocally that a coach should do this or that without direct knowledge is to cast the coach in a negative light intimating the professional isn't performing their job sufficiently.

some may know more than others.
Its not about casting doubt on the staff, it is about what is clear...If Teonni has a desire to play with her sister, could benefit the program and we don't get her. That would not bode well. Perception is reality

Its not about casting doubt on the staff, it is about what is clear...If Teonni has a desire to play with her sister, could benefit the program and we don't get her. That would not bode well. Perception is reality
But what are they not doing? You said up their effort. Are they not doing enough?

all I will say is this is a get that will bring other gets

Their focus needs to be on getting her committed now!,,Not waiting
This girl is a get, so GET HER!
When a high profiler commits,, it brings instant legitimacy to a programs recruiting and others take notice

But what are they not doing? You said up their effort. Are they not doing enough?

Jumper can correct me if I'm wrong on this but it show I feel. I think what he's saying is Teonni is not only a talented great player/recruit but her choice may impact future recruiting more so than not getting a player like Rivers. He's not saying they aren't doing everything (this I'm not sure about) but if they aren't it would be smart to do everything and anything possible to get her because if she chooses elsewhere perception out in the recruiting world could be "what's wrong with TN " .. TN appears to have some advantages over other schools with Key . Imagine if she chooses elsewhere not only will we miss out on a great recruit but it can be used negatively.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
all I will say is this is a get that will bring other gets

Their focus needs to be on getting her committed now!,,Not waiting
This girl is a get, so GET HER!
When a high profiler commits,, it brings instant legitimacy to a programs recruiting and others take notice
I agree but I guess I read your post wrong..lol sorry

Jumper can correct me if I'm wrong on this but it show I feel. I think what he's saying is Teonni is not only a talented great player/recruit but her choice may impact future recruiting more so than not getting a player like Rivers. He's not saying they aren't doing everything (this I'm not sure about) but if they aren't it would be smart to do everything and anything possible to get her because if she chooses elsewhere perception out in the recruiting world could be "what's wrong with TN " .. TN appears to have some advantages over other schools with Key . Imagine if she chooses elsewhere not only will we miss out on a great recruit but it can be used negatively.

perfectly put

Well, I'm being pretty specific about this.

He said they need to up their effort. I would think that means that he thinks they aren't doing enough. What else would that mean?

I would think they are doing everything they are allowed to do to get her to come to Tennessee.

That's all I was saying.

It is an over-simplification to try to recruit on one motive. I want to play with my sister verses I want to make my own mark does not give the player credit. Perhaps she desires to eventually go into International Business as a major. Where should she go to school. Perhaps she has her own friends that she wants to play with. Perhaps, she wants a more academically challenging school. Perhaps she is waiting to see who else will be in her recruit class.

Perception is a product of a point of view. Those who view a particular school as the be all and end all have their perception warped by a parochial view point.

It is an over-simplification to try to recruit on one motive. I want to play with my sister verses I want to make my own mark does not give the player credit. Perhaps she desires to eventually go into International Business as a major. Where should she go to school. Perhaps she has her own friends that she wants to play with. Perhaps, she wants a more academically challenging school. Perhaps she is waiting to see who else will be in her recruit class.

Perception is a product of a point of view. Those who view a particular school as the be all and end all have their perception warped by a parochial view point.

not one motive, I just mentioned one very important thing
Look at this list and two things stand out for a vol fan
temp1.png
The blue commitments and the top-25 sister of one of our players with "none" by her name

Reactions: mcannon1
not one motive, I just mentioned one very important thing
Look at this list and two things stand out for a vol fan
View attachment 274253
The blue commitments and the top-25 sister of one of our players with "none" by her name

What I am hearing you say is that the only thing that the LV's have to offer Teonni is the opportunity to play with her sister. IF that is your deciding point then it must be the only reason she hasn't committed by now. Please give the player some credit for her individual intellectual capabilities.

VN Store

Back