Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Never, ever buy any appliances directly from Samsung. Their customer service is the antithesis of customer service, it's almost like they are trying to piss you off by being obstinate and confrontational. I ordered a built in microwave for our reno and they sent me a countertop model so I just want to send this one back and get the correct one sent. I have been bounced back and forth between 2 or 3 different departments trying to get this worked out. And the standard answer has been "our records show we sent you the correct model"

Never, ever buy any appliances directly from Samsung. Their customer service is the antithesis of customer service, it's almost like they are trying to piss you off by being obstinate and confrontational. I ordered a built in microwave for our reno and they sent me a countertop model so I just want to send this one back and get the correct one sent. I have been bounced back and forth between 2 or 3 different departments trying to get this worked out. And the standard answer has been "our records show we sent you the correct model"

Frustrating huh? That's when ole Jim Beam comes in handy w/coke.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Frustrating huh? That's when ole Jim Beam comes in handed w/coke.

It's gone beyond frustrating it's to the point of comedy. I thought that they had actually passed me to someone that could help, a lady by the name of Renada. She proceeded to tell me she's in the over the range microwave department so she can't help me with a built in model. She passes me to someone else who then passes me back to her. That happened 3 times.

It's gone beyond frustrating it's to the point of comedy. I thought that they had actually passed me to someone that could help, a lady by the name of Renada. She proceeded to tell me she's in the over the range microwave department so she can't help me with a built in model. She passes me to someone else who then passes me back to her. That happened 3 times.

Did you see this......I posted it late last night in another thread.

Tennessee State Parks to reopen Friday - WBBJ TV

With microwave ovens......T just go to Lowe's to get another one....I use the Whirlpool brand. Had it for 30 years now. So far so good with no problems.

if this wasn't going to be built in to the new cabinets I would have. When I ordered the appliance package from lowes they couldn't order the built in model and told me to order it straight from Samsung.

if this wasn't going to be built in to the new cabinets I would have. When I ordered the appliance package from lowes they couldn't order the built in model and told me to order it straight from Samsung.

Oh, Lordy Lou.... Well, good Luck with what has happen. I wish only the best with this new headache.

I've had a similarly frustrating experience trying to use DHL this morning to make a Collect shipment to a customer in Turkey who gave me their account number this morning. I had tried to get them to let me use FedEx which is my usual partner for this sort of thing but my customer claims their cost with DHL is only $100 while my cost with FedEx would be $350. So, Ok, I'm game to give it a try, even though past experience with DHL and DHL Global Forwarding has not been stellar. First person I spoke to checked the account number and customer name and said "Yep, you're good to go." Then I needed another call to help me navigate their new web site to find the page where I can create the shipping label but after filling in all the blanks including the commodity code and all, when I got to the bottom of that page and had to select Payment Option the only option was Credit Card. So I made a 3rd call to DHL and this time was told "Only the owner of the account (i.e. my customer in Turkey) can create the ticket. They need to do that and send you the shipping label". Ok then... that's about par for the course based on my limited dealings with DHL over the years. I still have an account with DHL Global Forwarding (used them a couple time last year for larger shipments) and used to have one with DHL Express but it looks like they've deleted it due to inactivity...

I only buy stuff like this from brick and mortar stores for this very reason. hope it works out for youa

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

VN Store

Back