What are our players doing now to stay in shape?

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Sorry if this is somewhere in another thread but, what are our players doing right now, today, to stay in shape? Heck, are any even remaining on campus? Or, if they are home with their parents, do these young men have any access to weight training equipment, exercise classes on line, etc and, what about diets? Who is monitoring/implementing those - mom?

tenor.gif

I have heard about the workouts our staff is sending out, I'm sure the players are staying in shape. I don't think we will see the dramatic size, strength, and speed we expect from the off-season S&C program because no 1 on 1 with the staff, no access to facilities, and no nutrition program. I was thinking about the nutrition program this morning, might be the hardest part to overcome. I hope we have a plan for that, I have not heard that discussed anywhere.

Most likely other teams will be in the exact same boat.

I have heard about the workouts our staff is sending out, I'm sure the players are staying in shape. I don't think we will see the dramatic size, strength, and speed we expect from the off-season S&C program because no one on one with the staff, no access to facilities, and no nutrition program. I was thinking about the nutrition program this morning, might be the hardest part to overcome. I hope we have a plan for that, I have not heard that discussed anywhere.

I wonder if the NCAA would relax restrictions on "gifts", and allow the athletic department to purchase food for the players to eat to at least try to keep their nutrition in order somewhat during this.

Reactions: mickeyvol
I’ve wondered that too. I imagine a lot of them have no access to weights etc. especially with all the clubs shut down.

Some players will condition and lift the right way, some will try but wont have the resources to do it like they should, and some will slack off and show up, overweight, weak and out of shape. I remember MTSU coach Boots Donnelly said " no matter how much you worked out on your own, it wasnt enough most likely" I really worry about players who have in the past failed to show up in shape, not naming names

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I have heard about the workouts our staff is sending out, I'm sure the players are staying in shape. I don't think we will see the dramatic size, strength, and speed we expect from the off-season S&C program because no 1 on 1 with the staff, no access to facilities, and no nutrition program. I was thinking about the nutrition program this morning, might be the hardest part to overcome. I hope we have a plan for that, I have not heard that discussed anywhere.

Im willing to bet there are teams who are finding ways around the no team workout rule.. L

I know 2 who live up near Kingston that eat 24 eggs for breakfast and 15 sausage patties I've been told.

Hopefully someone was smart enough to smuggle out some gym equipment and set up a small workout facility somewhere in secret.

Some began working with me at my employer mainly walk ons but a few scholarship guys, so they're staying in shape trust me

I know 2 who live up near Kingston that eat 24 eggs for breakfast and 15 sausage patties I've been told.
I went to college in the early 70's with a guy from upstate NY who was a champion power lifter. He was in his mid 20's when he came to college because he traveled all over competing in lifting competitions. Either he or his family had money because he had a whole suite in the dorm....Dorm room, bathroom and another dorm room that usually 4 people shared. He lived in one dorm room and had all his free weights in the other dorm room. The guy was huge and we asked him one time if he had to take muscle relaxers to take his morning dump.

I personally watched him eat more than once a dozen boiled eggs he boiled on a hotplate in his room and eat a tub of sour cream to chase it down for breakfast. Never seen anything like it. He was one of the nicest guys on campus and more amazing than his size was he was a classical pianist...and a great one.

I went to college in the early 70's with a guy from upstate NY who was a champion power lifter. He was in his mid 20's when he came to college because he traveled all over competing in lifting competitions. Either he or his family had money because he had a whole suite in the dorm....Dorm room, bathroom and another dorm room that usually 4 people shared. He lived in one dorm room and had all his free weights in the other dorm room. The guy was huge and we asked him one time if he had to take muscle relaxers to take his morning dump.

I personally watched him eat more than once a dozen boiled eggs he boiled on a hotplate in his room and eat a tub of sour cream to chase it down for breakfast. Never seen anything like it. He was one of the nicest guys on campus and more amazing than his size was he was a classical pianist...and a great one.
Was this at UT?

VN Store

Back