Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also talked about having "immunity cards". He pretty much wants an East Germany type government with the health officials as the leaders (somewhat sarcastic)
I’d say that’s most likely since he’s on the board of a couple of Bill Gates orgs. Those materialist technocrat types won’t let this crisis go to waste. That’s why you see Gates out there talking about ppl getting tattooed or digitally certified as vaccinated to be allowed to travel.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
But I mostly blame the media, not government. President and task force, governors, mayors, etc. were kind of in a no-win situation. The media is/was going ultra hysterical with this thing, and they would've hammered (and did) any official who weren't reacting the same way.
I absolutely agree about the media. A lot of the over reaction by officials were based on the so called experts saying the sky is falling and the media ran that narrative into the ground. I do feel a lot of state and local officials have gone to far and don't give 2 sh*ts about public safety just how much control they have now. I may be wrong but that's what I see happening.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Same boat as everyone else? 😂 Let's compare some quotes. I wonder who said these...

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — at the White House.

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — at a White House meeting with airline CEOs
In the sense of fair play, and some Biden quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back