Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Looking at my weather map......Alabama is getting pounded right now with heavy rain. Tuscaloosa & Birmingham.
I'm sure tornado warnings are screaming out loud by now. We got hit hard all day here in W.TN.
There's more on the way coming in from Arkansas sometime later tonight. We all need to hunker down.
Stay safe man

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
@LouderVol
@Orangeslice13
@Orange_Crush

Hope all you, your families, and any other Chattanooga folks are through the storms unscathed.

I saw the damage done on the Weather Channel about 45 minutes ago when I was waking up. I'm hoping all of our Volnation posters & their families were missed in the tornado(s) that hit the area around there.

Reactions: McDad
All mine are fine that I have heard from.
Bit of an update, parents are without power, and cell service is touch and go. Sounds like the East Brainerd, ootlewah area got hit hard. Path not two miles from their house. If you know hamiliton place mall apparently abunch of stuff there is gone. My parents heard from some others that the zaxbys on E. Brainerd is gone, and the steak and shake on gunbarrel too. Probably means the walmart shopping area and mall itself also hit. There is a big hospital right there too. Hopefully it survived. Lots of residential all around that.

@AM64 are you fine? My parents said they couldnt get past the Publix right there at Hurricane Creek.

Anybody heard from Slice? Louder have you heard from him or OC? They are both in or near Chattanooga right?
All good.
Thanks brother
My sisters house is one you keep seeing on the news. I built them a storm room a few years back so they are all fine too.

everyone who is building a house or has space and doesn’t have a storm room is just asking for trouble

All good.
Thanks brother
My sisters house is one you keep seeing on the news. I built them a storm room a few years back so they are all fine too.

everyone who is building a house or has space and doesn’t have a storm room is just asking for trouble
I think I just saw your sister’s storm room on the news.

Looks like a concrete closet.

It‘s all that’s left after the house was splintered.

All good.
Thanks brother

Have you heard about any volunteer efforts? Or know someone that needs/wants help? I am going to go up this weekend and bring some supplies. But I would like to help out too and would prefer to do physical stuff cleaning up, cutting up trees that sort of stuff.

This goes for everyone in the area.

My movie list. Hey it's all over the place, but aren't we all sometimes?
The Quiet Man
Silverado
Goldfinger
Casablanca
Christmas Vacation
Thunderball
Bull Durham
McLintock
Slap Shot
V.I. Warshawski (Kathleen Turner's legs, what can I say)

Reactions: joevol33 and McDad

VN Store

Back