Payton Verhulst

Unfortunately, Louisville has a pretty good coach. Tennessee has... a coach.

1f2036b00bf7fe9b08ff6da0743dfdd4.gif

I'm not piling on Kellie yet...it's early, and she has a chance to make her mark. But she needs to start getting some recruiting wins. With the transfers in the upcoming season and Rennia only having one year left, the next two recruiting classes/portal poaching will be critical for the future of the program.

We get it you’re a fan! Tell us how badly Ms St AD sucks now that he couldn’t get him to leave UL...🤔

Anyways congrats to the young lady! She has a game to her for certain !

Reactions: Lucy
I'm not piling on Kellie yet...it's early, and she has a chance to make her mark. But she needs to start getting some recruiting wins. With the transfers in the upcoming season and Rennia only having one year left, the next two recruiting classes/portal poaching will be critical for the future of the program.

Exactly I’m not a sunshine pumper but the fact she was able to get Karoline Striplin was a decent start the girl is a blue collar worker and right now we need some of those.

She was able to keep a graduate transfer from going to other SEC schools and the likes of ND and MD. Because lord knows if we had to play this girl and she had any sort of success it’s “Kellie couldn’t even pull a player like this to TN”.

Exactly I’m not a sunshine pumper but the fact she was able to get Karoline Striplin was a decent start the girl is a blue collar worker and right now we need some of those.

She was able to keep a graduate transfer from going to other SEC schools and the likes of ND and MD. Because lord knows if we had to play this girl and she had any sort of success it’s “Kellie couldn’t even pull a player like this to TN”.
Green will be a solid addition to the team, but she will only be there for 1 year. It's the post-Davis era that I'm hoping Kellie is able to build on. Striplin is a good start, but Tennessee needs another Davis to get back in contention for the SEC.

Green will be a solid addition to the team, but she will only be there for 1 year. It's the post-Davis era that I'm hoping Kellie is able to build on. Striplin is a good start, but Tennessee needs another Davis to get back in contention for the SEC.

I totally agree. My point was the posters that are doom and gloom people and use these types of players to kick TN while their down will always have $#!+ to say. I will call out players and coaches when they fall short however like you I’m not piling it on just yet like others have from day 1. And you know exactly who those posters are 😂

You and I both know if Striplin (a sure thing for TN) or if this young lady went somewhere else and played well against us there would not be an end to it.

Which players do we consider a stud? Is it top 10? The 2021 class is going to have at least 5 open scholarships ... how should we fill them or with who🤔
Top 10-15 would be nice. Consensus star players. Not saying they all have to be up there, but 1-2 centerpieces to build the future of the team around would be a necessity IMO...unless there are a bunch of Megan Gustafsson type players out there that no one knows about, but Kellie is in their ear.

Reactions: Jhilly05
Top 10-15 would be nice. Consensus star players. Not saying they all have to be up there, but 1-2 centerpieces to build the future of the team around would be a necessity IMO...unless there are a bunch of Megan Gustafsson type players out there that no one knows about, but Kellie is in their ear.

Would we consider teonni Key this type of player? If we got a 5 star point guard that we are recruiting? Or do we need a Saniya Rivers type player? Bree Hall is still in the mix and she is ranked in the top 30 and is a baller...

This is just a fun convo. Sorry to hijack the Payton thread by the way but I love seeing what others think

Would we consider teonni Key this type of player? If we got a 5 star point guard that we are recruiting? Or do we need a Saniya Rivers type player? Bree Hall is still in the mix and she is ranked in the top 30 and is a baller...

This is just a fun convo. Sorry to hijack the Payton thread by the way but I love seeing what others think
Key could be that player if she has the tools and is ready to come in on day 1 the same way someone like Rhyne Howard did. I don't think the PG has to be the best PG in the class, but someone who is smart, makes good decisions and can hit open shots. Horston and Key will be a good inside-outside combo to build complimentary pieces around, but would like to see Horston off the ball with another perimeter scorer, a smart PG and some posts that can hit layups. Tennessee has had awful luck with PGs in the past couple of years. By my recollection, they've had 5 transfer out since Jordan Reynolds graduated. They need some consistency and leadership at that position.

Key could be that player if she has the tools and is ready to come in on day 1 the same way someone like Rhyne Howard did. I don't think the PG has to be the best PG in the class, but someone who is smart, makes good decisions and can hit open shots. Horston and Key will be a good inside-outside combo to build complimentary pieces around, but would like to see Horston off the ball with another perimeter scorer, a smart PG and some posts that can hit layups. Tennessee has had awful luck with PGs in the past couple of years. By my recollection, they've had 5 transfer out since Jordan Reynolds graduated. They need some consistency and leadership at that position.

Middleton
hayes
Massengill
Westbrook

I am missing one🤔 could be Zaay but she wasn’t really a pg

I hope we get a solid PG like Harmon I really like her game

I hope we get a solid PG like Harmon I really like her game

Is she more of a playmaker or a scorer? I feel like Tennessee needs the playmaking type. The scorers have been t/o machines. Basically, need someone who plays like Cooper did for Baylor this year - get your teammates involved, make good decisions, but know when to call your own number. Unbelievable how much she grew not just from her freshman year, but even as a senior with SC. She was a totally different player at Baylor. I don't know if that was coaching, or she just figured it out...but that's the kind of PG I wish Tennessee could get.

Reactions: travis929
Is she more of a playmaker or a scorer? I feel like Tennessee needs the playmaking type. The scorers have been t/o machines. Basically, need someone who plays like Cooper did for Baylor this year - get your teammates involved, make good decisions, but know when to call your own number. Unbelievable how much she grew not just from her freshman year, but even as a senior with SC. She was a totally different player at Baylor. I don't know if that was coaching, or she just figured it out...but that's the kind of PG I wish Tennessee could get.

Does both and a monster on defense she could break down defenders and score when needed or distribute the ball

If Kellie could land either Johnson, or Harmon, the worm would have turned at the PG position....They both are dynamic, and if they look closely, they would see, there is going to be immediate playing time at the point of the LVs.

Not saying Horston, or Salary, will not be very good at point, but as of this date, a golden opportunity seems to await the prudent student.
signs_point.jpg

Which players do we consider a stud? Is it top 10? The 2021 class is going to have at least 5 open scholarships ... how should we fill them or with who🤔

she is not in the top 10 but Teonni is a dual threat she can play inside and outside and is a tremendous shot blocker like her sister. And looking at the top 10 i don`t think we land any of the top 10 players. But another name to keep an eye on is pg Jada Walker she is a baller a real good pg.

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
They don`t have in the top 10 but Teonni is a dual threat she can play inside and outside and is a tremendous shot blocker like her sister. And looking at the top 10 i don`t think we land any of the top 10 players. But another name to keep an eye on is pg Jada Walker she is a baller a real good pg.

You beat me to it! Lol I was just compiling some stuff for her. She played in VA and is a BALLER!!! I wish Kellie would get in on this girl she would fit in seamlessly and contribute at the pg position!

VN Store

Back