Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Wow, France is getting walloped by this thing. Has any country had a higher one day total yet?

Yeah, take the largest 4-5 EU countries - about the size of the U.S. - and the per capita rates are really ugly. The Nordics are going to be hideous, too.

Yeah, take the largest 4-5 EU countries - about the size of the U.S. - and the per capita rates are really ugly. The Nordics are going to be hideous, too.
Sweden's been doing nothing basically. I really thought the Nordic countries would have their poopoo together. I guess not.

The outrage over the comment is the point. Unless you feel Trump is literally forcing Drs to treat with it which is a bold accusation.

The Drs are making those decisions now and in some cases well before he ever mentioned the drug.

It’s outrage because he has the world’s largest platform and is talking about something in which your local beer store clerk same the same qualifications to speak about. He should let the grown-ups who dedicate their life to medicine speak to the medicine.

On the other hand, I would pay money to listen to Trump give a seminar about tax evasion... total expert. People say it would be strongest, most beautiful tax evasion seminar in history.

But he also said talk to your doctor. That keeps getting overlooked. He didn't say run to your local street corner and ask for it. He didn't say it definitely works. He said it showed promise. And he said he would ask his own doctor about it.

Of course you should talk to your doctor. You should also completely ignore anything that dude has to say about anything pertaining to medicine.

It’s outrage because he has the world’s largest platform and is talking about something in which your local beer store clerk same the same qualifications to speak about. He should let the grown-ups who dedicate their life to medicine speak to the medicine.

On the other hand, I would pay money to listen to Trump give a seminar about tax evasion... total expert. People say it would be strongest, most beautiful tax evasion seminar in history.

Lol, 7.

Calm down my man, no need to get twisted over Trump's inability to field even the most innocuous of fluff questions. You should feel some comfort that I don't think you're nearly as stupid as Donny Exotic. Though.... That bar is set pretty low.

At any rate, this anger is not a good look for you - maybe you've had enough internet today, go play with your cat.

Donnie Exotic the Liar King

Reactions: Septic
New York City Stockpiled Ventilators for a pandemic, only to later Auction them off: report

In 2006, then-New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's administration began purchasing ventilators to allow the city to be prepared for a pandemic like the current coronavirus crisis -- only for the city to later auction them off, according to a report.

ProPublica reported Monday that the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene issued a report in 2006 on the city's preparedness for pandemic influenza -- similar to the 1918 Spanish Flu or the 2019 novel coronavirus -- that projected the city would need thousands of extra ventilators in order to properly treat all of its residents who got sick. The plan was then put into action, with the city initially buying 500 ventilators before it ran out of money to buy more and to maintain the ones it had already stockpiled, according to ProPublica.

Those ventilators were then auctioned off some time before 2016 because the city could not afford to maintain them in working order, partially because the model of ventilator the city had purchased was no longer in production after 2009, the report said.

New York City stockpiled ventilators for a pandemic, only to later auction them off: report

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Of course you should talk to your doctor. You should also completely ignore anything that dude has to say about anything pertaining to medicine.
So you shouldn't talk to your doctor? Make up your mind. First you say talk to your doctor, then you say ignore Trump, who said talk to your doctor. Was Trump right or was he wrong, because it sounds like you want to say the same thing as Trump, but you don't want to admit it's the same thing as Trump.

Reactions: CABVOL and hog88
Shakespeare and the Plague

In The Shakespearean Stage 1574-1642, Andrew Gurr notes that London officials placed the blame of spreading Bubonic Plague on audiences coming into the city to “see certayne stage plays” which featured “close pestered together in small romes...whereby great infeccion with the plague, or some other infeccious diseases, may rise and growe….” With plague outbreaks common, many London theatres were closed more often than they were open.

Shakespeare’s plays give voice to the terror that his contemporaries felt when confronted by the plague and the fear of living in quarantine and lockdown. They also expressed hope that conditions would improve and that future days would be better. Shakespeare used his many months and years in quarantine and forced idleness to write some of the world’s most beautiful plays. Today, his legacy can inspire us to attempt to fill our days with productivity and put our deepest fears and hopes into words as well.

So you shouldn't talk to your doctor? Make up your mind. First you say talk to your doctor, then you say ignore Trump, who said talk to your doctor. Was Trump right or was he wrong, because it sounds like you want to say the same thing as Trump, but you don't want to admit it's the same thing as Trump.

Do you usually talk to your doctor for medical advice, or do you wait for Trump to tell you to?

Come on, the defenses of this obvious idiocy are devolving into desperation.

Who do you think told him about chloroquine?

You didn’t know not to trust Fox News..... explains alot

Nah, just didn't know it was satire... and here I thought some people on here were just ignorant.. But I suppose they are just often repeating Fox News satire.

Either it's not very funny, or just darker humor than I'm used to.

@Rickyvol77 Not sure if it was UT where you work but I was told just a minute ago that UT has 40 Covid patients and that half of those was about to be put on hospice. Any truth to this?

Because it poses a health risk and potentially gives false hope instead of facts.
You're confusing me. It's okay for Cuomo(or any other Dem) to cite anecdotal evidence, but not Trump? Why? Trump did not call it a definite cure, nor did he encourage taking it without a doctor's approval. I'm failing to see your point, other than you don't like Trump.

Because it poses a health risk and potentially gives false hope instead of facts.

Since the only way to get the stuff is through a Dr how does his statement pose a health risk? For some people it appears it didn't give false hope, it gave them another chance at life.

So again why all of the bitching?

How so? Per cdc.gov, from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases and 12,469 deaths in the United States due to the H1N1 pdm09 virus. Currently, there are 385,093 cases of COVID-19 in the United States and there have been 12,197 deaths so far.
In number of infections. 60M vs 400K. The death rate is higher in this one but it appears to be leveling off, even in “hot spots” like NY.

Outspoken China critic who called Xi a 'clown' being Investigated by Communist Party's Disciplinary Arm

Chinese tycoon Ren Zhiqiang, an outspoken coronavirus critic who has been missing since March 12, is being investigated by the Communist Party's disciplinary committee.

Ren, who has publicly taken on President Xi Jinping, one of China's most powerful leaders in modern history, will be investigated for "serious violations of law and discipline," the Communist Party's disciplinary arm announced Tuesday.

A short statement released by the Commission for Discipline Inspection in Beijing, claimed that Ren -- a member of China's ruling Communist Party and a retired real estate executive -- was being investigated.

"Ren's fate will be determined by what I think is an intense struggle at the top of the Communist Party," foreign affairs expert Gordon Chang told Fox News. "If Xi Jinping prevails, we won't see Ren for a long time. If Xi's adversaries win, Ren will be China's next hero."

Friends of Ren said they had lost contact with him following an essay he shared in recent weeks that took aim at a speech Xi made on Feb. 23. Ren told friends that he "saw not an emperor standing there exhibiting his 'new clothes,' but a clown stripped naked who insisted he continue being emperor."

Ren, 69, has also gone on record to say China's state-run news media should serve the people of China and not the Communist Party, something Xi strongly disagrees with.

Outspoken China critic who called Xi a 'clown' being investigated by Communist Party's disciplinary arm

VN Store

Back