Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys know that the royal family are descendants from Vlad the impaler? Aka Dracula. Deep state vampires.

Arranged marriages between the royal families of Europe. At the outbreak of WW1, the King of England, the German Kaiser, and the Russian Czar, were cousins due to marriage.

Came around a bend on the running trail today and a deer was right on the edge eating his lunch, I just jogged by he didn't budge, I could have slapped his ass. I think they are enjoying this mini break from humans.
Was there a jug of that good ole Mountain Dew?

I've posted this before but want to remind everyone to please share if you know people in need of PPE's.

I hear from a lot of people who need this stuff but either can't find it or are being overcharged. Not trying to spam but this is important.

www.faceshieldhat.com
or
800-889-6368 ext. 206
My wife works in social media marketing and one of her clients, who normally does uphosltery, started making masks. My wife just set up her online store for her the other day and they haven't even ran ads yet, but they made a facebook post this afternoon and had a dozen orders placed in just the past couple hours.

A lot of people are searching for them, obviously. Maybe try some social media posts or test out some ads, if not already.

Reactions: gainesvol82
We may be moving to Greeneville. Any of you folks who live in East Tennessee, what do you know about the Greenville area as a place to live?
It was probably founded by someone named Greene.

Ok, sorry, I don't know much. I do like that part of the state. Greeneville, Joneborough, Johnson City all seem pretty nice to me.

It is bad enough now with 14 SEC teams and teams only playing 8 conference games. Keep adding teams and UT may go dang near a whole generation between playing teams from the other division other than Bama.

I'd prefer cutting teams rather than expanding. 12 teams, play 11 conference opponents and 1 OOC opponent, that way no team gets an advantage with their conference schedule.
I would fully agree, except I see this thing eventually headed to 4 16-team superconferences.

Will at least make for an easy tournament selection.

I think their algorithm must take into account the government restrictions. I didn't think at first they did that. I thought they just looked at trends.

Can't speak to the specifics of the models, but at some level, you'd think the basic replication rate must factor in, and social distancing directly affects it more than anything (except a vaccine). The doubling rate was 3-ish days before mitigation began anywhere and has now rolled out to 8 to 9 days. Deaths lag onset by 10 days or so, so the next little bit is gonna get ugly, but then it should start to ease up.

In the meantime, take at least 5000 IU of Vit D daily, and 10000 if over 50. And make sure you are getting decent amounts of dietary zinc. I'm convinced that the difference between this being nothing to some and fatal for others is nutritional. I saw some discussion of studies of the 1918 flu, where the case mortality rate varied 0.78% in Texas to 3.14% in Connecticut. The difference was thought to be wide disparity of Vit D levels between north and south. Vit D directly affects/modulates the release of the pro-inflammatory cytokines that are killing people.

My mother in law got the same symptoms I did at exactly the same time. She called the doctor and doc says it may be Coronavirus. They don’t know without testing but she’s getting a prescription sent.

I’m gonna ride it out. Im healthy and think my immune system can crush this and come out stronger
Good vibes, positive thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Do you realize the estimates were 3 days apart? Schools and businesses were closed last week as well. Of course mitigation works. But also, the chicken littles admitted the sky wasn't falling.

The doubling rate was 3 days early on. That has dropped to 9 days or so. The line started flattening 6 to 8 days after the first mitigation efforts began, and got flatter with each subsequent increase in restriction. The sky was falling. That's why they shut down the entire economy. Now it isn't.

Last edited:
There is no legitimate reason to believe China created the Corona Virus intentionally. None. Genomic sequencing shows it is natural: COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin. This is not a unique outbreak, SARS was another corona virus that jumped species.

No one trusts China, they are definitely lying about their fatalities and the current status of the outbreak, and they muzzled doctors at the beginning of this thing and made it worse. That said, Chinese scientists did not make the disease.
You are probably right, but those things that they are definitely guilty of are egregious enough that I hate them...this is 100% on them. The world would have been much better prepared if they had been honest from the outset. I wonder how many lives could have been saved?

Last edited:
As I recall, the SARS virus came from Wuhan also. I guess it is just a coincidence that there is a biological lab close to the market where this supposedly originated. Also it must be a coincidence that important people in the Iranian government got infected due to their known ties to this lab. And then there was the arrest of an Ivy League professor who got caught with illegal biological samples that he was selling to China. You have a right to believe what you want to, and so do I.
And even more truths...

The vehemence with which people defend China is strange to me. I guess it is because it must help some people sleep at night not believing that there is a superpower that will do anything to get what they want.

The communist Chinese governnent either outright tortured and killed, or were responsible for the death of somewhere between 30-70 million of their own people...let that sink in...then get back to me on how they are not capable of doing this.

My mother in law got the same symptoms I did at exactly the same time. She called the doctor and doc says it may be Coronavirus. They don’t know without testing but she’s getting a prescription sent.

I’m gonna ride it out. Im healthy and think my immune system can crush this and come out stronger
Man, prayers for you, Mom, and all NY.

This is cliche' but we're all in this together man.

So I’m talking about where the virus came from and you are talking about staying home..... interesting. Btw, there is no way to stop the spread of this thing. We have to rely on the plasma with the antibodies from recovered patients and treatments for this virus. Unless you want the US to shut down for 18 months. (The time it will take to get a vaccine)

Edit: Social distancing works to slow down the rate of people who will need medical care and slows down the spread. But make no mistake it will spread.
Been sayin it ever since the first models came out. It is fact that unless you go stay in a closed off system for the next year, you will be exposed and infected to one degree or another. All it takes it one asymptomatic to infect dozens of others...and the person.will ever even know they had it.

I have said this a hundred times, this is not stopping it, it is only slowing it down, and we as a society can not do this indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back