Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Just a random thought, as a country, we have a stockpile of nukes capable of destroying the world a few times over, but no one thought to adequately stockpile devices that could save lives.

There will be future pandemics and hopefully the country will be better prepared for the next one.

Like I said in the thread dedicated to her stupidity, she should donate her Congressional salary to help those in her district who are affected.

From time to time, I get aggravated. We all do. In trying to learn how to live my life with an absolute minimum of stress, and especially anger, I have made good use of AOC. Anytime something or someone riles me up, I step back and think to myself "It could be worse, I could be stuck in a room with AOC." The effect is instantaneous. You should try it.

Not kidding.

France just dropped their numbers and a massive jump in deaths, double what they have been having. 1,120 for a day

Hydroxychloroquine Rated ‘Most Effective Therapy’ for CCP Virus by Doctors in Global Survey
BY ZACHARY STIEBER

April 3, 2020 Updated: April 3, 2020
FONT BFONT SText size

Print
A drug used around the world to treat malaria has been rated the “most effective therapy” in treating CCP virus patients, according to a new survey.
Sermo, a healthcare polling company, asked 6,227 physicians across 30 countries which therapy they’d list as the most effective. More than one out of three, or 37 percent, chose hydroxychloroquine.
The most commonly prescribed treatment given to patients with COVID-19, the disease the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus causes, was analgesics, followed by azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine.
CCP VIRUS SPECIAL COVERAGE

00:0201:55

1_th.jpg

“This survey of frontline doctors shows the value of critical information sharing between countries. That is the only way that a new insight from one country can rapidly save lives around the world,” Dr. Murali Doraiswamy, professor of psychiatry and medicine at Duke University School of Medicine and a scientific adviser to Sermo, said in a statement.
Two preprint French studies have shown hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, an antibiotic, are effective in treating COVID-19 patients. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says both hydroxychloroquine and the closely-related chloroquine can be used to treat COVID-19 patients under an emergency use authorization.
Doctors from France meet in front of room where a COVID-19 patient from France is being treated at the University Hospital in Essen, Germany, on April 1, 2020. (Marcel Kusch/dpa via AP)
Support our independent journalism and donate a 'Coffee' now.

India, Hungary, and the United Kingdom have banned export of hydroxychloroquine while doctors in a number of countries, including France and Bahrain, were known to be prescribing the drug.
Hydroxychloroquine usage was most prominent in Spain, followed by Italy, Brazil, Mexico, France, the United States, Germany, and Canada, according to the global survey.
American doctors mostly prescribed hydroxychloroquine to high-risk patients, while outside the United States the drug was used equally for patients with mild to severe symptoms.
The most common treatment regimens both included 400 milligrams twice daily on day one, but some doctors then went to 400 milligrams daily for five days while others prescribed 200 milligrams twice daily for four days.
The survey contained “a treasure trove of global insights for policy makers,” Sermo CEO Peter Kirk said.
“Physicians should have more of a voice in how we deal with this pandemic and be able to quickly share information with one another and the world,” he added. “With censorship of the media and the medical community in some countries, along with biased and poorly designed studies, solutions to the pandemic are being delayed. We invite global physicians to contribute to help inform policy makers, their colleagues, and the public.”

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Exclusive — ‘Main Street Rescue’: Trump Admin Pushes Out Hundreds of Millions in Small Business Loans on First Day

President Donald Trump’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) through the Department of Treasury and Small Business Administration has already on its first day pushed out more than $620 million to small businesses nationwide mostly through community banks.

donald-trump-steelworkers-afp-640x480.jpg

A senior Treasury Department official told Breitbart News on Friday morning that as of 10:30 a.m. eastern time, a total of 1,652 loans were given out through 239 different banks for a total of $628,371,561. Most of the big banks like JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup did not have programs online—only Bank of America did—by this time, so this means community banks nationwide are the ones stepping up to push the money out to small businesses affected by the coronavirus crisis.

“When the unprecedented PPP loan program for America’s small businesses went live in the early morning hours of April 3, the community banks were the ones ready to go,” the senior Treasury Department official told Breitbart News. “Unlike the big banks that are coming online later in the day, the community banks were up and running and ready to serve their small businesses. America’s community banks are the real heroes.”

As community banks are the ones stepping up to help small businesses at such a rapid pace on the first day of the program, this fact counters the narrative from some on the left and in establishment media that somehow the efforts of Trump, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and the broader administration were designed to only help big corporate cronies.

‘Main Street Rescue’: Trump Admin Loans Hundreds of Millions in 1 Day

Beat me to it on the EMP.

I used to go out to Redstone Arsenal and they had an EMP test site where a helicopter was suspended with wires and they would zap it and other equipment with pulses.
I always wondered if older vehicles with ignition distributors would survive an EMP. Maybe even old radios with vacuum tubes.

VN Store

Back