Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

hmm.. seems like it. I know the face shields are being used by medical staff. I suppose googles would be an easy enough thing to find, until the great goggle panic ensues.

And yet we laughed at the guy with the scuba mask on the other day. lol

Only to prevent spread. Not to prevent you from getting it. That’s a fallacy

I usually defer to you as you are much more knowledgable than myself, but I have to question this. If your statement is true, then why the outcry by healthcare providers for having limited N95 respirators for their personal use?

I usually defer to you as you are much more knowledgable than myself, but I have to question this. If your statement is true, then why the outcry by healthcare providers for having limited N95 respirators for their personal use?
Because it has a respirator. That keeps the **** others spew on them from them taking it in.

Last edited:
@NCFisher

This was me me being a smart ass. Birx was hired by Obama. Fauci has been working for the government since ‘84.

C’mon man...

I understood you to be saying it was a good move to make them leadership members on the task force.

I know Trump didn't bring them into government. Birx was in an ambassador at large role before being appointed as respone coordinator. This is why I defended her being as qualified as Fauci on these forums when leftist members and media were mewling "Where's Fauci? He's the only credible person there!!"

And I'm well aware of Fauci's long employment with NIH brought in by Reagan, and that he's not a political presidential appointee. I actually read before speaking. As for you...

The first rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.
The second rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.

Reactions: vols40
I understood you to be saying it was a good move to make them leadership members on the task force.

I know Trump didn't bring them into government. Birx was in an ambassador at large role before being appointed as respone coordinator. This is why I defended her being as qualified as Fauci on these forums when leftist members and media were mewling "Where's Fauci? He's the only credible person there!!"

And I'm well aware of Fauci's long employment with NIH brought in by Reagan, and that he's not a political presidential appointee. I actually read before speaking. As for you...

The first rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.
The second rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.
Fauci has been at the forefront of all these big time issues. He didn’t go crazy over Ebola and many other potential and actual pandemics. He’s doing his job. The attacks on him are stupid and baseless. If you think his goal is to damage Trump the you are a moron. Period. End of discussion.

Fauci has been at the forefront of all these big time issues. He didn’t go crazy over Ebola and many other potential and actual pandemics. He’s doing his job. The attacks on him are stupid and baseless. If you think his goal is to damage Trump the you are a moron. Period. End of discussion.

Mods close thread VFH has spoken

Well whaddya know. I have no idea how you beat EL here with this link.

Yeah, but just like the CDC and FDA failings leaving us without a C19 test until March, NYT and WaPo were dragged kicking and screaming into the news cycle a week later.

The grey lady will always do the right thing, when she's tried it every other way.

I didn't say or imply that, if you think I did, you're a moron. Period. EOD.
FFS, get a grip and learn to read.

Last edited:
They Attacked Trump For Touting ‘Unproven Drugs,’ Now The NYT Is Reporting It Can Help With Coronavirus

Despite coming on the heels of promising research, President Donald Trump’s hope that hydroxychloroquine would prove effective against coronavirus was met with jeers from national media.
But now, the New York Times itself is walking back that criticism.
Trump said during a press briefing that the drug, which is used to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, is showing “tremendous promise” in helping treat the novel coronavirus.
The press attacked.
Vox called Trump’s comments “reckless promotion.” The New York Times blared about Trump’s “embrace” of “unproven” drugs.
“How many desperately needed hospital beds will we have to set aside for people who unknowingly chose to develop life-threatening heart Arrhythmias? All because they followed the moronic advice of Dr. Don Trump to take hydroxycloroquine with a qt [sic] prolonging agent, Azithromycin,” NYT best-selling author Kurt Eichenwald tweeted.
Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also cracked down on the drugs Trump touted after his comments. Days later, Witmer reversed course and requested hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine from the federal government.
They Attacked Trump For Touting ‘Unproven Drugs,’ Now The NYT Is Reporting It Can Help With Coronavirus

I'll do the NYT one better.

Belgium, S. Korea and China use hydoxy/chloroquine for C19..

There are actually two French studies with 116 patients:
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf and https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

New York doctor treated 700 patients with 100% practical success, no death, no intubations: Doctor Vladimir Zelenko: I treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100% success using Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate | Tech News | Startups News

March 9 from and NIH publication:
CONCLUSIONS:
Hydroxychloroquine was found to be more potent than chloroquine to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.
In Vitro Antiviral Activity and Projection of Optimized Dosing Design of Hydroxychloroquine for the Treatment of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ... - PubMed - NCBI

But then the CDC has been aware of chloroquine effectiveness against coronavirus since 2005:
<blockquote>Conclusion
Chloroquine, a relatively safe, effective and cheap drug used for treating many human diseases including malaria, amoebiosis and human immunodeficiency virus is effective in inhibiting the infection and spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. The fact that the drug has significant inhibitory antiviral effect when the susceptible cells were treated either prior to or after infection suggests a possible prophylactic and therapeutic use.</blockquote> Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER...I strongly urge our friends on the left to not indulge in this unscientific, dangerous, reckless...Trump medicine!... should you contract the virus. Instead, check the admission boxes for:
  1. I wish to choke on my own lungs,
  2. Intubate me (and just pray to Obamacare a ventilator arrives...NYS residents...fuggittaboutit),
  3. Yes, I wish to have optional, severe lung damage,
  4. An all inclusive week or two hospital stay at $35K a pop, you clever, non-smelly, non-Walmart person, you!

Actually an incontrovertible fact.
Biden threatened to not give them $1B in aid, precious, life-saving, aid that congress had appropriated!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Just pretending to be a Democrat for a moment...God, it's weird...no wonder you people are unhappy).

Jump to 1:30

Last edited:
jared ******* kushner.....we are all going to die. This is what low information voters did to us?! I want to carve a ******* mark in their forehead for doing this to us. So we can see all the dumbasses that voted for this s**tshow.

Meh, blame your own damn side that put up a candidate so vile, despicable and reprehensible that Trump got elected as the result of being the lesser of two evils.🤦‍♀️

Reactions: PowerT83
This is BS. Pelosi was passing out $5200 pens while the President aligned a coronavirus task force.

You Dems support this????

I think Trump's response, or lack thereof, was pathetic and cost American lives, but what good does a taskforce do. Seems like a silly use of much needed resources to me. Both sides need new leadership as Pelosi and McConnell have both outlived their usefulness on the Hill.

VN Store

Back