Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...I am not worried about myself, we are set for awhile thanks to my mom being a badass, but I don't want to spend it all, or even a big chunk of it just trying to survive this crap. I wanted to actually have a little something for once in my life...to be able to go places I never thought I would be able to see.

You deserve to.

Well, since we have nothing better to do...

View attachment 269547
In my fascination with other cultures, I find British humor insanely funny yet Japanese humor insanely weird.

“Hey, I’ve got a great idea! Let’s have a Dole dude snot rocket some bananas into a sad lady’s lap to cheer her up!”

And somehow it made it into production.

*sigh*
Now I just realized I critiqued a foreign fruit commercial. I need sports. Bigly.

Over time you can deduct it, just spread out at 3k/yr. But only if you sold. If you're holding, it won't matter either way (gains/losses) until you sell.
I ain't sellin anything right now..as a matter of fact I am probably going to put about 5-10g more out of the insurance disbursement in it once I get a better feel for what is going to happen. I have a feeling that another big drop, maybe two are coming before it really starts the long climb back.

One other way to look at it. You've saved 10k and decide to start a small business. You take all the risk and earn 5k your first year. This will all be taxed as regular income, along with 15.3% employment taxes.

If, instead, you invest in a business and earn the same 5k off your 10k investment (passively), you should pay zero taxes?

Some think capital gains are "double taxed" when this is completely untrue. It is no different than the risk in starting your own business, while plenty of peoples' capital gains are earned off their inheritance, previous capital gains, etc. At the end of the day, there is no "hard earned money" being taxed twice.
Yeah...I know. At least they don't take a chunk of your inheritance in a split portfolio. As long as I don't withdraw any of it, or cash out, then I don't have to pay taxes. From what I understand, anytime I take a draw off of the earnings, then the capital gains tax applies, and I can either have it set to be withdrawn up front, or pay it on the backend at Tax time.

We are finishing up our 2nd day without power, after what rolled through yesterday morning. Wife and I just screamed down each others’ throats earlier after I got home from work. Looks like I’ll be taking a few blankets and pillow to sleep by the generator, and let the warmth of the exhaust keep me toasty tonight.
Think of how it's gonna be after about 7-8 more weeks of this..ouch.

You deserve to.
I appreciate that...but there are people in way worse shape than me. I feel really bad for griping about it when I see what a lot of my friends are going through. They surely deserve a break.

Oddly...not one of my immediate family is out of work...none of my sibs or my kids...thank God for that.

This is a link to a video of a medical doctor in Germany that will give some of you a different perspective on the current crisis.

video link

the video is in German but you can activate the English subtitles.

Letters from every paid service and loan holders, house, car etc., saying they're willing to work with customers if needed. (Fortunately, we don't).
Ins company - "We're here to help in these difficult times"... I was shocked.

But - just wanted to let us know they're making your payments as contact free as possible. And they'll find a way to get your money in these difficult times, because they're "here for you"😂

Uhg, I hate insurance companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back