looks like Jazmine is leaving

IMG_6356-563x1000.png

So when I heard the news, I thought there was a possibility that she could give UK a look and then Rhyne Howard posted this... hmmm...

Awwwwww. : ( I'm really sad about losing Jazz.

I have no idea where Massengill might end up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Chattanooga. I have a feeling that a lot of players will be soon be trying to transfer to a university close to home, because the pandemic is making people reevaluate what's important and what's not, and, for many, what's become MOST important is being home and safe with the people we hold most dear.

So buckle up, fans. This could be a bumpy ride -- for ALL programs -- as society re-adjusts its priorities.

Awwwwww. : ( I'm really sad about losing Jazz.

I have no idea where Massengill might end up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Chattanooga. I have a feeling that a lot of players will be soon be trying to transfer to a university close to home, because the pandemic is making people reevaluate what's important and what's not, and, for many, what's become MOST important is being home and safe with the people we hold most dear.

So buckle up, fans. This could be a bumpy ride -- for ALL programs -- as society re-adjusts its priorities.

good call...she is from there and they have a competitive program
better there than KY, for sure

Thanks to Massengill for her time with the Lady Volunteers and good luck to her.

The transfer portal seems to get more players every year.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting. UNC losing five, wow! Just hate Jaz is leaving!
UNC Coach Banghart didn't renew the scholarships of the three grad transfers so they had no choice but to leave and freshmen that left were the end of the rotation players.

Surprising and sad.

If a transfer is coming in, that could ease the blow, otherwise a big ouch.

On the gf speculation from a trolly board member. Here is what Jazz just posted on the LV FB page:

I’ve seen a lot of the comments and assumptions y’all are making about my decision to transfer. I made the best decision for me. Let’s make this REAL clear. I’m not transferring over a girl. Just because I watched my gf’s championship game at the SEC tournament doesn’t mean that’s where I’m going. I was being supportive of my gf which is technically nobody else’s business. I don’t mix my personal life with my basketball life, not that I have to explain or acknowledge any of the negativity attached to my name. The assumptions y’all come up with are actually ridiculous. Y’all know me as an athlete...so stop acting like y’all know me outside of basketball. My decision has been made because I’m grown enough to make my OWN decisions. Keep the negativity and assumptions to yourselves.

The assumptions or accusations should be kept to people’s selves, but the negativity comes with the circumstances that someone “grown enough” should expect. This team needs her services now. And it’s not like she has been denied praise, support, adoration, playing time, etc....you name it from all of Voldom...

Me, me, me...”

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
I wish both of them the very best. They are great players and hopefully their future will meet their expectations.

I wish the social media was invented in a different way. One that was fair to all concerned. Jax should never feel like she has to speak out to be exonerated from ignorant attacks.

The portal is changing basketball and we are seeing just how devastating it can be. While I'm sure there will be winners, our LV's took one to the gut with these transfers. I hope there are controls to prevent unscrupulous coaches from exploiting this new dynamic otherwise the process could turnout to be one big out of control party.

One last thought...the portal is a financial hardship driver as well as a heartbreaker. In the case of Zaay, the university pays for recruiting and afterwards tuition, room and board then she gets hurt and the university pays for the surgical repair and for the subsequent rehabilitation. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles but in the end, the university gets shafted big-time. Not sure there is a good solution to neutralize that so I wonder how long schools can lose money that way.

"wish her the best" ... "do what you gotta do girl" ... blah blah blah .... she's a QUITTER. She was a starter with ample playing time. A QUITTER I say. Finish what you started girl. Honor your commitment.

Last edited:
Well this is devastating. Like I needed more devastation on my day off the Covid wars. This makes me sick, and if its also true about Zaay this is also devastating for the program.

Jaz was by far our most improved player this season. The loss of our best ball handler in the land of insta-turnover makes my stomach turn. I thought JM had the making of a top notch SEC PG. Whatever her reason, and I totally don't understand nor do I get to, I wish her all the best.

If Zaay also leaves, especially after a year of not even playing, IMO it signifies a systematic problem. I guess that's not surprising with a new system, but it completely undercuts what I though was KJH's best accomplishment - keeping the team together and reclaiming the culture. Maybe these transfers are another step in that direction, and as with Jaz, if Zaay leaves I wish her all the best.

And I effing HATE the transfer rule, even tho its arguably fair the players should be able to do what coaches do.

The oncourt impact, espec if Green leaves, is terrible and IMO sets the program back several seasons unless KJH snags a major transfer herself. It would appear this is totally Horston's team now and so I sure hope she has a bball in her hand all summer. I had hoped Horston would be a SG which would free her up more to score and seems a much more natural position for her. I asked several times during the season if she was recruited as a PG and wanted to be a PG but never really got an answer. Guess we'll find out now.

Well this is devastating. Like I needed more devastation on my day off the Covid wars. This makes me sick, and if its also true about Zaay this is also devastating for the program.

Jaz was by far our most improved player this season. The loss of by far our best ball handler in the land of insta-turnover makes my stomach turn. Whatever her reason, and I totally don't understand nor do I get to, I wish her all the best.

If Zaay also leaves, especially after a year of not even playing, IMO it signifies a systematic problem. I guess that's not surprising with a new system, but it completely undercuts what I though was KJH's best accomplishment - keeping the team together and reclaiming the culture. Maybe these transfers are another step in that direction, and as with Jaz, if Zaay leaves I wish her all the best.

And I effing HATE the transfer rule, even tho its arguably fair the players should be able to do what coaches do.

The oncourt impact, espec if Green leaves, is terrible and IMO sets the program back several seasons unless KJH snags a major transfer herself. It would appear this is totally Horston's team now and so I sure hope she has a bball in her hand all summer. I had hoped Horston would be a SG which would free her up more to score and seems a much more natural position for her. I asked several times during the season if she was recruited as a PG and wanted to be a PG but never really got an answer. Guess we'll find out now.

agree on all accounts

The portal is a double-edged sword
it takes, it gives
I look at it this way, transfers we want, still look at UT LV as an elite move up and therefor we will be at the front of the line for adequate replacements

Jaz is verified, Zaay is not, but the implications are there and looks bad at this point

Why is someone said that Zay removed all her lady vols from Instagram? Somebody tell me some about zay not Jaz. If they ever allow players to transfer without sitting for a season the game will be over. it will be crazy.

This Transfer Portal should have never started; you get a Freshman unhappy for whatever reason, and it happens often; soon all the effort and resources put into recruiting are wasted. If you want to transfer, do like it was always done. Sit a year. I wonder how many disgruntled athletes would have transferred under the "Portal" back in the day that went on to be very happy they stuck it out, wherever they were. An Overwhelming % I bet.

Reactions: Tnphil and glv98
This Transfer Portal should have never started; you get a Freshman unhappy for whatever reason, and it happens often; soon all the effort and resources put into recruiting are wasted. If you want to transfer, do like it was always done. Sit a year. I wonder how many disgruntled athletes would have transferred under the "Portal" back in the day that went on to be very happy they stuck it out, wherever they were. An Overwhelming % I bet.

preach on!

Reactions: JohnWardForever

VN Store

Back