Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record, I think the pastor holding services right now is stupid. But if he can be arrested , charged and released under a half-million dollar bond, what about the 1200 people who attended and gathered? Aren't they just as guilty of breaking this "law"? They all attended the service/services and gathered under their own free will and are just as foolish as the pastor. So let's round all them up and charge them as well for endangering the public. Huuuuuge can of worms to consider here.

Quarantine Topic of the day. Give me one set on offense and defense that you would think would be the most unstoppable with Vols + 1 Sub on each.

Offense:

QB: Manning
RB: Arian Foster
HB/Slot: Kamara
WR1: Stallworth
WR2: Pickens
WR3: Meachem
OL: Trey Smith, DeLong, Munoz, Bob Johnson, Chad Clifton

Sub - C. Patterson

Defense:
DE: Reggie White & Adkins
Nose: John Henderson,
Edge; Leonard Little
LB: Mayo / Wilson
CB: Jason Allen
CB: Dale Carter
Strong Safety: Eric Berry
Free Safety: Deon Grant

Sub: Barnett.

Good luck getting a pass off with that Pass rush and Allen and carter jamming you at the line.

QB:
Peyton Manning

OL:
Cosey Coleman
Bob Johnson
Chad Clifton
Trey Smith
Juwaun James

WR:
Donte Stallworth
Willie Gault

TE:
Jason Witten

RB/Slot
Alvin Kamara

RB:
Travis Henry

Sub:
Joshua Dobbs

Start Barnett at OLB opposite Little and put Haynesworth in as sub, and your All-Defense unit is perfect.

Last edited:
And for the record, I think the pastor holding services right now is stupid. But if he can be arrested , charged and released under a half-million dollar bond, what about the 1200 people who attended and gathered? Aren't they just as guilty of breaking this "law"? They all attended the service/services and gathered under their own free will and are just as foolish as the pastor. So let's round all them up and charge them as well for endangering the public. Huuuuuge can of worms to consider here.

Put them all on a cruise ship and send them away. They can worship to their heart's content.

he broke the law.....Church's are not exempt from the law regardless of what your denomination is.
The question is whether the law was Constitutional or not. People keep talking about risk. Were people forced to attend, or did they choose to attend? I assume the discussion then becomes, "what about the people they may come into contact with?". Again, it comes down to choices made by individuals. I'm not arguing that what the government has said is the best course of action. It is. The question becomes are they Constitutionally allowed to mandate it? That's where I personally think they go out of bounds. I have zero problem with the government suggesting the best course of action. Making it mandatory is a slap in the face of the Constitution.

The question is whether the law was Constitutional or not. People keep talking about risk. Were people forced to attend, or did they choose to attend? I assume the discussion then becomes, "what about the people they may come into contact with?". Again, it comes down to choices made by individuals. I'm not arguing that what the government has said is the best course of action. It is. The question becomes are they Constitutionally allowed to mandate it? That's where I personally think they go out of bounds. I have zero problem with the government suggesting the best course of action. Making it mandatory is a slap in the face of the Constitution.
they would not have attended if he would not have opened the door.

they would not have attended if he would not have opened the door.
He didn't force anyone to show up, they chose to attend. Not everyone is happy with the government making decisions for them. The Constitution is supposed to protect individual rights. I'm not saying it was smart to do it, just that it shouldn't have been illegal. It's not the job of the government to protect people against themselves.

There is going to be some many “diamond in the rough” prospects this year. With no spring evaluations, camps, or combines at least for the next few months this recruiting sites are going to be purely guessing. This is where having a staff of talent evaluators is going to pay off. Rankings are going to be so skewed this year.

He didn't force anyone to show up, they chose to attend. Not everyone is happy with the government making decisions for them. The Constitution is supposed to protect individual rights. I'm not saying it was smart to do it, just that it shouldn't have been illegal. It's not the job of the government to protect people against themselves.

and yet drug possession is against the law.

and yet drug possession is against the law.
Do you believe it should be? Erosion of rights and how much the public is willing to surrender is a legitimate conversation. People are going to have varying opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back