Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ashamed at how many people are begging for their Rights to be taken away
Blows my mind..
Yeah, let's kill a few more old people so we can run out and get our lottery tickets.
I love you man, but that is a MASSIVE oversimplification..come on dude. I went out to a few beautiful spots in the Daniel Boone National forest over past Corbin saturday and besides stopping to get gas, and going through an Arby's drive through, never got closer than 50 feet to any freaking body.

I think telling people they have to be imprisoned in their house is freaking stupid...and I am a high risk.

If I get, I get it.

Last edited:
ABC/ESPN’s highly anticipated 10-part Michael Jordan documentary, “The Last Dance,” is being moved up to April due to Coronavirus. Sources said the start date will be Sunday, April 19. It was originally slated for June. Woo hoo. Sports
Me with sports info right now...

1585624005709.gif

...and then you give it to 7 people who don't want it.

This is stupid..if you're so afraid, then you stay at home..and how am I going to get it walking around in the woods smart guy? If I get this thing it will be because me or my wife pick it up from a client while doing our job. I never touch anything without scrubbing with sanitizer as soon as I get done.

Last edited:
Daily dose of CV positivity:

For things to return to normal, treatments have to start working. Here’s just one more treatment with early positive results. It’s a drug to treat HIV patients that keeps their bodies from going overboard to fight the virus. It is working on CV, and is the drug that took two people off ventilators last week in New York.

An additional three critically ill COVID-19 patients have been treated with leronlimab. These additional patients increase the total to 10 patients receiving leronlimab treatment

Three Additional Patients with Severe COVID-19 Treated with Leronlimab in New York Medical Center Bringing the Total to 10 Patients

Just shaved face and head so I’m gonna write a rain check for that one

8a129df41f4db1d5754836623b9af6e2.jpg

it says we are saving lives.

who cares about football?
Really?
No, making an example out of people who carelessly or selfishly travel into and out of hot spots without self-isolating and then cause secondary infections would save lives. Same for negligent exposure of skilled care facilities.

This is largely window dresssing to EO-17 which actually addressed larger risks. With roughly 3 million TN citizens already under local orders, this is not the decree that is going to save the world. But it can instill another round of panic and fear. That is helpful.

@SweetasSoda, how have you been? I know you have auto immune issues and haven’t seen you posting, and with all this crap, are you doing okay?
Thank you! Yeah, the only one I am around is my husband, and we're doing everything possible to avoid it. Hope you and yours are all doing well! I have had some energy so been trying to do yard work. The last few times I have been on not much was happening so I have not checked in too much.

Johns Hopkins showed it dropping 400. That's really not super relevant for one day, it's happened several times before. The bigger good news is that the log graph is clearly rolling off. It won't be nearly as clear cut as Italy, because we are 50 state governments and 1 federal. The US as a whole is clearly doing better, but different states doing different things makes this a far more complex model.

The bottom line is that distancing is working. The other bottom line is that distancing is temporary. Only immunity is permanent. Either we get it, or we get vaccinated, and until that happens, this ain't over. Now, or May, or even July. If somebody comes up with a decent treatment, then immunity could easily come from letting us get it. Barring that or a vaccine, it'll be a slow burn of distancing until herd immunity is reached.
I agree with you 100% on this and really appreciate what knowledge/wisdom you bring to us in these conversations. I fully feel the same way. Hope and pray that all of you are staying safe & doing as well as you possibly can be in this unbelievable times. Just remember, everyone, that we all need somebody sometimes so don’t be so macho that you can’t talk about the way that you feel about what’s going on. It’s always good to hear from one another and it’s so important to have interaction with others. Soon, we’ll be able to hug one another and greet each other with a warm handshake & smile! I’m genuinely concerned yet so hopeful and rooted in my faith that God is in control & we will get through this. Normalcy will return to us sooner than we know AND WE WILL KICK THE VIRUS INTO OBLIVION....(hopefully, it’ll become nearly nonexistent)

sorry, not sorry for the soapbox moment. 😂

Thank you! Yeah, the only one I am around is my husband, and we're doing everything possible to avoid it. Hope you and yours are all doing well! I have had some energy so been trying to do yard work. The last few times I have been on not much was happening so I have not checked in too much.

I’m glad you both are staying safe, new world we’re living in now. I check into here more often, hoping there’s something new and wanting to get back to the old normal.

Ok, I will bite. Why is it heinously stupid? It would have been likely challenged in court within the week and overturned. Why risk the whole order when only a few smaller congregations are even meeting?
Because it allows people to congregate and it violates the spirit of the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back