ESPN Programming

I still use a set of persimmon woods from time to time and there is an effortless feeling when you hit one between the screws. I have a full set of charger blades, but I really don't miss hitting them, I do still use the putter that came with that set though.
B8F0FB7A-0A96-4E56-8D9A-31D7013BEC8B.jpegBF74131F-2B5B-448E-85A4-D7F6FD0CA01C.jpeg
Toney Penna’s I used in high school and first 2 yrs of college.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
View attachment 268623View attachment 268624
Toney Penna’s I used in high school and first 2 yrs of college.
I need to dig mine Pennas out . I also have a McGregor Jack Nicklaus W271 driver that I bought with my pay for caddying for the LHCC Ladies Club Champion in about 1965. It was named for Nicklaus breaking the Masters scoring record of 274 by 3 shots. I think it cost about $25 then. It is a 6 screw insert persimmon wood.

Reactions: peaygolf
Where did you get them to sign?

My Hogan and Trevino signatures don't look much like yours. I wonder how anyone authenticates a signature.
Hogan in Ft Worth at his office
Trevino at Key Biscayne , Fl (Sr event)
Palmer at Adios CC in Fl
Player in Nashville
Nicklaus at Richland CC
Sneed at Brentwood CC

Hogan in Ft Worth at his office
Trevino at Key Biscayne , Fl (Sr event)
Palmer at Adios CC in Fl
Player in Nashville
Nicklaus at Richland CC
Sneed at Brentwood CC
Cool stuff. Did you notice how Trevino's signature changed from mine in 1967 to yours? Also, Hogan's H is totally different. You can tell that Hogan took his time with yours. He was walking and talking when he signed my program. Trevino was a total unknown at the 67 U.S. Open, and I think he finished 4th?

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back