Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I said people are not suffering under Trump anymore than they did under Obama. I didn't say they were suffering more under Obama. And I don't buy into your "examples". The common misconception is that people are against immigration. No one is against immigration. What people oppose is illegal immigration. Illegal, as in violation of the law.
Google search news articles where green card holders were deported. Or American Citizens being detained for days because they may be illegal. Hell, we are all illegal if you want to get technical.

If you need government to think for you, that's great. I don't. I'm prepared to face the consequences of any decisions I make. It's called personal responsibility. More people should practice it rather than looking to place blame.
but your decision affects other people. There is a thing called being selfish. Stop putting yourself, family, friends, and strangers at risk.

Reactions: Mick
He's a horrible despicable person who was doing as well or better than the last few horribly despicable people to hold the office until the world got hit by a pandemic. No one is "suffering" under Trump anymore than they were under Obama. You're okay with a tanking economy simply because it hurts Trump. That's what is insane. You're not minimizing ****.
What do you know......we have completely different perspectives.
You do you.....normalize so all are equally bad or good.
I'll do me.......differentiate between degrees of bad and good.

Reactions: RockyTop85 and Mick
Coronavirus updates 85,000 cases or 0.02% of the population. A little lower than the 52% of the population that the governer of California predicted. In fact no country has even had an infection rate of more than 1/1000 of their residents or 0.1%
Tennessee has 94% negative test rate and 1098 cases 0.01% death rate of 0.2%
Alabama 92% negative rate 531 cases 0.01% death rate of 0.1%

Deaths skyrocketed compared to what?

Why were all previous winters acceptable to allow deaths to skyrocket in Itsly, but not this one?
because the infection rate is higher, there is no vaccine, and the death rate in Italy right now is 10.2%. That is in a short time frame as well. Show me flu statistics like that.

Coronavirus updates 85,000 cases or 0.02% of the population. A little lower than the 52% of the population that the governer of California predicted. In fact no country has even had an infection rate of more than 1/1000 of their residents or 0.1%

I'm still waiting for Mr. 7% mortality rate to pop back in.

because the infection rate is higher, there is no vaccine, and the death rate in Italy right now is 10.2%. That is in a short time frame as well. Show me flu statistics like that.

It's a little odd that he keeps going on about the flu... seems a little irrational to fear the flu at the moment

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of ...

It's the very foundation upon which the amendments are built.
Secure the foundation.
How does taking away jobs ensure domestic tranquility? Domestic crimes are going to sky rocket.
How does shutting down industry provide for the common defense?
How does no longer policing various violent crimes provide for the general welfare?
How does denying people the right to peacefully assemble ensure the blessing of liberty?

but your decision affects other people. There is a thing called being selfish. Stop putting yourself, family, friends, and strangers at risk.

...And there’s the rub . Everything you do in your life can and most of the time does affect others . You telling him to stop doing what he’s doing because you may or may not perceive it as a risk , or socially acceptable is the very reason we have the constitution. I’m not sheltering at home , am I risking others ? Are there specific people that should shelter while others should keep doing their jobs ?

...And there’s the rub . Everything you do in your life can and most of the time does affect others . You telling him to stop doing what he’s doing because you may or may not perceive it as a risk , or socially acceptable is the very reason we have the constitution. I’m not sheltering at home , am I risking others ? Are there specific people that should shelter while others should keep doing their jobs ?
it does no good for half the population to shelter and the other half carry the virus around and infect them. Hell a % of the people getting sick and dying are healthy too....so maybe we should call the virus Thanos and all those that wrap themselves in the constitution and the bible can go on to glory.

Society hasn't really decided ****. The government has. Therein lies the problem. I'm not sure you understand what "freedom" means.
Sure society has decided. The government is only responding to science, health care professionals, and the public's expressed desires.
I'm not sure you understand the necessary components of what allows a society to be free, or the concept that an individual's "freedom" operates within the constraints of society's "freedom".

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I think early to mid next week Trump is going to recommend about 90% of the counties in the country open back up for business

it does no good for half the population to shelter and the other half carry the virus around and infect them. Hell a % of the people getting sick and dying are healthy too....so maybe we should call the virus Thanos and all those that wrap themselves in the constitution and the bible can go on to glory.

Did you take lessons from Mick on how to deflect ? So you are saying everyone should shelter in place ? Have you thought this through ?

VN Store

Back