Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You have obviously spiraled out of control.
I hate Trump, always have and always will.
I hope he is destroyed in the next election.
I hope the corona virus is quickly contained and things return to normal as soon as possible and with as little pain, death, and economic disruption as possible.
I hope Trump makes decisions and takes actions to that end.
If Trump does, and therefore is harder to defeat in 2020, so be it; it's a price I'm more than willing to pay.
You're a liar

Several here seem fine with "culling out the old and weak" anyway. Seems fine if our parents and grandparents risk their lives so we can all go on about our lives without any of the sacrifices they had to suffer back in their day. Let"um die, don't want to disrupt my 10-12 hour a day bishing and moaning on the internet.

Lol.
Interesting, so is that why the left is putting the no ID bill to help with coronavirus? Oh I know, the planned parenthood funding that will save the elderly

I'm guessing (hoping) that you guys don't actually believe what you say.

How this proceeds will have a big impact on Trump's re-election. Two realistic choices:

Trump brings us thru this relatively soon, the economy has a good recovery, and the virus rates diminish, which leads to his re-election.
Trump fails containment efforts with a a high death rate and wrecked economy and is not reelected.

Which would you chose?

Edit: I see that you have already replied to the scenario.

And yet the foreign leader felt no pressure even as the American left was yelling "Feel some pressure, damn you!". Here's pressure: "I leave on a plane in a few hours and if that prosecutor isn't fired, you're not getting the money." Clearly, Biden and Obama show us that pressuring a foreign leader in regard to aid is perfectly fine, but still Trump didn't take that tact. What you described is asking for an investigation. There is no "If the president is named Trump and a person desirous of the office is named Biden" constitutional exclusion to equal justice.

I don't need Alexander to interpret either instance; I can read and think for myself. In Lamar's opinion,
“It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation. When elected officials inappropriately interfere with such investigations, it undermines the principle of equal justice under the law. But the Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate."

And Lamar was in the minority of Republican Senators. He was in the overwhelming majority when stating:
“The Senate has spent nine long days considering this ‘mountain’ of evidence, the arguments of the House managers and the president’s lawyers, their answers to senators’ questions and the House record. Even if the House charges were true, they do not meet the Constitution’s ‘treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors’ standard for an impeachable offense.

The framers believed that there should never, ever be a partisan impeachment. That is why the Constitution requires a 2/3 vote of the Senate for conviction. Yet not one House Republican voted for these articles. If this shallow, hurried and wholly partisan impeachment were to succeed, it would rip the country apart, pouring gasoline on the fire of cultural divisions that already exist. It would create the weapon of perpetual impeachment to be used against future presidents whenever the House of Representatives is of a different political party.

“Our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with ‘the consent of the governed,’ not at the pleasure of the United States Congress. Let the people decide.”

While I've seen Democrats tout your snippet of Alexander's statement; they remove his tongue before and after it.
This is not the first time he has heard that and not the first time that he's deserved to hear it but yet he doesn't change his MO. Context means nothing to him when it goes against the very point he's trying to make.

I also am sure this won't be the last.

Did you agree with it?
Agree with what? What Trump said?
I think Easter may be a little optimistic, at least for some areas.
But I understand the trade off with which Trump is faced.
We will have to assume a little risk for the sake of the economy, how much and when is a difficult decision.
A well reasoned and grounded president who listens to experts form all sides and makes a firm decision is what is needed.
Can Trump be that president? That's the 13 trillion dollar question.

You have obviously spiraled out of control.
I hate Trump, always have and always will.
I hope he is destroyed in the next election.
I hope the corona virus is quickly contained and things return to normal as soon as possible and with as little pain, death, and economic disruption as possible.
I hope Trump makes decisions and takes actions to that end.
If Trump does, and therefore is harder to defeat in 2020, so be it; it's a price I'm more than willing to pay.
Even if he wins? You willing to pay that price?

Agree with what? What Trump said?
I think Easter may be a little optimistic, at least for some areas.
But I understand the trade off with which Trump is faced.
We will have to assume a little risk for the sake of the economy, how much and when is a difficult decision.
A well reasoned and grounded president who listens to experts form all sides and makes a firm decision is what is needed.
Can Trump be that president? That's the 13 trillion dollar question.
No, the article that you posted and quoted.

How this proceeds will have a big impact on Trump's re-election. Two realistic choices:

Trump brings us thru this relatively soon, the economy has a good recovery, and the virus rates diminish, which leads to his re-election.
Trump fails containment efforts with a a high death rate and wrecked economy and is not reelected.

Which would you chose?
Third: It lingers, the economy doesn't bounce, and Trump is still reelected.

There has been no end yet, and public opinion of his handling has gone up of late, +50% approval.

This really is a bad spot for the left to be in. They've cranked the fear up by making this the worst thing ever. If the economy cratered due to the worst virus ever, who can blame Trump for all of this? If he steers us through it, he's the guys that saved the nation from the worst thing ever!

Last edited:

Which would you chose?
First, I do not in anyway believe those are the only two options....but if they were, I'd choose the first.
What I hope is that Trump makes some well reasoned and appropriate decisions that helps us through this with minimal misery and then is soundly defeated in 2020.

If merely suggesting an investigation into the Bidens was all that President Donald Trump had done, it would be acceptable, but he didn't stop there. President Donald Trump was applying pressure to a foreign leader to initiate an investigation into the Bidens (and he did so while Joe Biden was the leading candidate for the nomination of the Democratic Party for President). President Donald Trump withheld military aid to the Ukraine as a means of "encouraging" (Sen. Lamar Alexander's word; not mine) President Zelensky to investigate the Bidens. That amounts to the same thing as "directing an investigation". You may not like Joe Biden, but as an American citizen, he is just as entitled to equal justice under the law as you are.
And so is his son, Hunter, he is entitled to justice, if he hasn't done one thing wrong, he should have an opportunity to prove it, if he has been involved in criminal activity, then he should be entitled to all the justice we can give him.

I’m not sure what part of “by any legal means necessary” creates an inference that @luthervol favors Trump losing re-election as a result of mass death.

If he hated trump enough for even one person to die, wouldn’t he have just gone and tried to kill him, already?

And yet the foreign leader felt no pressure even as the American left was yelling "Feel some pressure, damn you!". Here's pressure: "I leave on a plane in a few hours and if that prosecutor isn't fired, you're not getting the money." Clearly, Biden and Obama show us that pressuring a foreign leader in regard to aid is perfectly fine, but still Trump didn't take that tact. What you described is asking for an investigation. There is no "If the president is named Trump and a person desirous of the office is named Biden" constitutional exclusion to equal justice.

I don't need Alexander to interpret either instance; I can read and think for myself. In Lamar's opinion,
“It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation. When elected officials inappropriately interfere with such investigations, it undermines the principle of equal justice under the law. But the Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate."

And Lamar was in the minority of Republican Senators. He was in the overwhelming majority when stating:
“The Senate has spent nine long days considering this ‘mountain’ of evidence, the arguments of the House managers and the president’s lawyers, their answers to senators’ questions and the House record. Even if the House charges were true, they do not meet the Constitution’s ‘treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors’ standard for an impeachable offense.

The framers believed that there should never, ever be a partisan impeachment. That is why the Constitution requires a 2/3 vote of the Senate for conviction. Yet not one House Republican voted for these articles. If this shallow, hurried and wholly partisan impeachment were to succeed, it would rip the country apart, pouring gasoline on the fire of cultural divisions that already exist. It would create the weapon of perpetual impeachment to be used against future presidents whenever the House of Representatives is of a different political party.

“Our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with ‘the consent of the governed,’ not at the pleasure of the United States Congress. Let the people decide.”

While I've seen Democrats tout your snippet of Alexander's statement; they remove his tongue before and after it.
We have been over this before, and I don't wish to re-hash it further, and have to read another one of your unabridged dissertations. Reading the phone book is less tedious than reading through your long-winded tripe. As Sen. Lamar Alexander wrote in his statement of impeachment, President Donald Trump did withhold military aid to the Ukraine, at least in part, to encourage President Zelensky to begin an investigation into Joe Biden. I understand what President Zelensky has said publicly. I also understand that is what he has to say while Donald Trump is still in office. President Zelensky's country is at war with Russia and he needs support from the United States. President Zelensky does not want to be in the middle of the mess that is American politics. That is understandable. In this case, we should do what Sen. Lamar Alexander did. That is, examine the facts for ourselves. Yes, President Donald Trump was pressuring President Zelensky to at least announce that he was investigating the Bidens for corruption.

Finally, and once again.... Joe Biden, just like every American citizen, is entitled to equal protection under the law. He could not have been accorded equal protection under the law with his political opponent in the 2020 general election directing an investigation into him. If sufficient cause exists to conduct an investigation into either Joe Biden or his son, Hunter (or both), then such an investigation should commence. However, the investigation should not include President Donald Trump who obviously has a fundamental conflict of interest at hand and too much to gain professionally from the outcome of such an investigation. This is common sense. The United States is not a banana republic. We can not have our President directing investigations into those who dare to run against him.

First, I do not in anyway believe those are the only two options....but if they were, I'd choose the first.
What I hope is that Trump makes some well reasoned and appropriate decisions that helps us through this with minimal misery and then is soundly defeated in 2020.

Then is soundly defeated by whom?? Joe O'Biden??? That idiot who doesn't know what planet he's on?? That's funny as hell man.....you have no one that will beat Trump in 2020. Your odds are terrible for a Joe O'Biden win.

Last edited:
And so is his son, Hunter, he is entitled to justice, if he hasn't done one thing wrong, he should have an opportunity to prove it, if he has been involved in criminal activity, then he should be entitled to all the justice we can give him.
I agree. This does need to be equal justice under the law, however. Those people with conflicts of interest, need to stay out of any criminal investigation. President Donald Trump should not have involved himself. This should be for the Attorney General, William Barr and the Director of the FBI, Christopher Wray to oversee.

Last edited:
So your feelings.
Bless your heart. You went to all that trouble for a zinger that makes me look bad to anyone in a politics forum who hasn’t seen the 45th President of the United States give a speech by the third year his term.

Devastating. I'm devastated.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back