Your challenge, should you choose to accept it.....

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
....is to do this workout tomorrow. Watch a preview, and see what you need (weights.) Then tell us what time you're up. I'll be doing it at 6am. (Yes, this is part 2, but I already did part 1. :) )

Everybody got game, right? @Big Gucci Sosa lookin' at you here. Y'all workout. @volwindy Y'all exercise. @joevol33 You're cryin' cause the gym is closed. @idon'trememberwhothiswas

This is an easy way to support each other.

I've picked the first one, somebody else can go next. I LOVE Jari Love. She is amazing! I've done her videos for years, and she is legit inspiring.

So, let's go!! Tag your friends! Let's get this party started!! Tag your friends!! @Orangeslice13

....is to do this workout tomorrow. Watch a preview, and see what you need (weights.) Then tell us what time you're up. I'll be doing it at 6am. (Yes, this is part 2, but I already did part 1. :) )

Everybody got game, right? @Big Gucci Sosa lookin' at you here. Y'all workout. @volwindy Y'all exercise. @joevol33 You're cryin' cause the gym is closed. @idon'trememberwhothiswas

This is an easy way to support each other.

I've picked the first one, somebody else can go next. I LOVE Jari Love. She is amazing! I've done her videos for years, and she is legit inspiring.

So, let's go!! Tag your friends! Let's get this party started!! Tag your friends!! @Orangeslice13

I will fire it up, but I’m guessing this will be way beyond where I am. (I’m better than chair exercises, but not by a ton!)

Reactions: vollygirl
And after you do finish the workout, let's talk about it! What felt good, what muscles needed it, what you heard from Jari that made you think, etc.

Didn't have time to comment after the workout.

It's a lot of reps. I used 3lbs on the shoulder stuff. Wimpy weight, but I have shoulder issues. Also, I reversed the planks and push ups cause I suck at push ups.

Reactions: volwindy
I did the workout before I did my hour workout. This is not a good starter one of working out, need to start with a warm up instead of just jumping right into this kind of workout (maybe she does a warm up in the first segment?), so probably should have done it in reverse, start with my workout and then add this one in at the end.

Pros:
*Good workout - did like the strong movements into recover and back into strong movements
*There was not one movement I did not like or could not do! (sucks for you if you hate any of them since you do a lot of them! haha)

Cons:
*Description of movements could have been better - when she was giving people breaks for water or just overall breaks in between, she should have been showing us newbies the next movement up and alternative movements rather than just saying okay we are doing this next and GO! Especially since this involves weight, you want to make sure people have the proper stance to not add injury. I feel like she did do this once or twice, but not each time. It's just nice to visualize a weight movement properly before jumping right in or having to wait and watch a segment before you can join in.
*It annoys me more than anything when leaders of a workout do not do the full workout with you (My aunt likes Leslie Sansone and she is this way). I think she may have done 50% of it with you, and it was majority the recovery movements, haha! Yes, point out that Susie is sweating with me at home, wth are you not?!? Oh because you are just walking around the room or watching us workout for you. The very last segment was perfection. She did the entire strong movements and recover movements with you and did a great job of telling you when each part and movement was coming up. If she had done the entire workout like that, I would have loved it.
*Music, change it up!

Didn't have time to comment after the workout.

It's a lot of reps. I used 3lbs on the shoulder stuff. Wimpy weight, but I have shoulder issues. Also, I reversed the planks and push ups cause I suck at push ups.

I used a 3lb as well since I didn't know this workout.

I did the workout before I did my hour workout. This is not a good starter one of working out, need to start with a warm up instead of just jumping right into this kind of workout (maybe she does a warm up in the first segment?), so probably should have done it in reverse, start with my workout and then add this one in at the end.

Pros:
*Good workout - did like the strong movements into recover and back into strong movements
*There was not one movement I did not like or could not do! (sucks for you if you hate any of them since you do a lot of them! haha)

Cons:
*Description of movements could have been better - when she was giving people breaks for water or just overall breaks in between, she should have been showing us newbies the next movement up and alternative movements rather than just saying okay we are doing this next and GO! Especially since this involves weight, you want to make sure people have the proper stance to not add injury. I feel like she did do this once or twice, but not each time. It's just nice to visualize a weight movement properly before jumping right in or having to wait and watch a segment before you can join in.
*It annoys me more than anything when leaders of a workout do not do the full workout with you (My aunt likes Leslie Sansone and she is this way). I think she may have done 50% of it with you, and it was majority the recovery movements, haha! Yes, point out that Susie is sweating with me at home, wth are you not?!? Oh because you are just walking around the room or watching us workout for you. The very last segment was perfection. She did the entire strong movements and recover movements with you and did a great job of telling you when each part and movement was coming up. If she had done the entire workout like that, I would have loved it.
*Music, change it up!
It tells you to do a warm up and cool down on your own. But good to point it out to others here.

She's got Slim and Lean on her youtube channel. Don't know if it'll stay up or not. But you should try it. :D It's an oldie but goodie. I'd LOVE your opinion of it!

VN Store

Back