'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

I understand your point, but UGA is one of the few schools that can miss on a couple of highly-rated in-state prospects and still sign a Top 5 class.

GA is loaded with talent; TN isn’t. It’s important, but not critical, for UT to keep as much good talent at home.
Like Omari Thomas and Keyshawn Lawrence? I agree.

The two most fertile recruiting areas in the state are mid state and Memphis. The mid state area is full of families who aren’t from here. Memphis might as well be in Arkansas or Mississippi. If we were to start winning again, our percentage of instate hits will escalate.

Fixed yer post.

My gawd...... 247 Steve Wiltfong said that OSU might have the greatest recruiting class in history, by quite a margin. I would think Turrentine would look at an in-state school where he would of least have a chance of starting. I don't think it is gonna happen there.

Or Jay Hardy?

We can play this game all day. But the fact remains that this staff has to do a better job of keeping quality in-state kids at home. They won’t win every in-state recruiting battle, but need to up their batting avg.
2/3 out of our top targets in the state says UP to me. And that’s not counting Eason who was also always a want from this staff. Not many athletic big freaks like Thomas out there.

Have to win on the field more
Sure, but for what Dools is implying? Needs a little perspective. His favorite coach was fighting off William & Mary for top targets by the end of his tenure, which never included a winning season or a bowl win. “Have to do better” is just vague backwash.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Only big in state targets we likely land are Colson, Pennington and Griffin. Maybe Curry and/or Mitchell depending on where they have them on the WR board. We’ll still finish top 10 at the very worst. It’s gonna be a rough year for the guys that want us to land every in-State player

Sure, but for what Dools is implying? Needs a little perspective. His favorite coach was fighting off William & Mary for top targets by the end of his tenure, which never included a winning season or a bowl win. “Have to do better” is just vague backwash.

Winning more games is something this staff not only has to do, it's what they're paid to do.

If we can win 8-9 regular-season games this year and next, it will only help with recruiting.

2/3 out of our top targets in the state says UP to me. And that’s not counting Eason who was also always a want from this staff. Not many athletic big freaks like Thomas out there.

Thomas was a very nice win by this staff; no doubt. And locking up Lawrence, especially so early, was also a good job by this staff. I really liked last year's class, fwiw.

I still think Turrentine (IF he sticks with OSU) is a big miss. I'm not that upset with losing the TE, Bringingstool(?), as I think it's going to be difficult for this staff to recruit a top-tier TE unless the position in Chaney's offense matures to something more than an extra blocker.

VN Store

Back