Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vaccine scares me more than the virus itself. There's no way a vaccine rushed through trials this quickly will be long-term safe. Not an anti-vaxxer but people forget how often drugs get recalled. Pharmaceutical companies, above all else, want to profit. R&D costs are sky high and they'll hide findings from the FDA to ensure their newest products get put on pharmacy shelves. The public demand for this thing means it will barely be tested or pushed on the public even if it's not safe.
Not many companies try to hide stuff from the FDA anymore. It's not worth the risk.

If Im gonna die Im going out swigging
giphy.gif
Fyp

Do you really think Americans are going to stay in for a month? I don't see how in the world they are gonna make this happen..I mean once the 25 and under crowd figure out that this thing is basically nothing to their group, there is no f'n way they are staying home for a month.
It's really just a range thing. No one expects 100% compliance. But if there can be 70-90% compliance, then the resulting impact could be exponentially less.

Reactions: Chuckie
How in the heck in America do you allow the Constitution to be voided for two months. They have taken your right to assemble away. What’s next. 911 we declared a national emergency after losing over 3100 Americans in ONE day. It was removed in one week. Our President George Bush said it is a very dangerous road to suspend the Constitution for a long time and that’s why he was lifting it. Because we were still not safe but you can not give up freedom just to be safe. The founders risked everything for freedom including their lives but we give ours up so easily.

How in the heck in America do you allow the Constitution to be voided for two months. They have taken your right to assemble away. What’s next. 911 we declared a national emergency after losing over 3100 Americans in ONE day. It was removed in one week. Our President George Bush said it is a very dangerous road to suspend the Constitution for a long time and that’s why he was lifting it. Because we were still not safe but you can not give up freedom just to be safe. The founders risked everything for freedom including their lives but we give ours up so easily.
Man we have to give our healthcare workers a chance. The fact remains we just don’t know what the true mortality rate for this thing is. I’m more conservative than most. I believe it is much lower than believed based on the lack of testing. But that’s just a guess too. We are a few days away from knowing more about this thing. Mass testing this week will show us. Until then we should absolutely be cautious. I really want to look back at this in a few months and say we overreacted. I don’t want to look back and say man we could have done so much more. Again I hope we know more with mass testing.

Last edited:
It is insane...and it freaks me out either way.

Man we have to give our healthcare workers a chance. The fact remains we just don’t know what the true mortality rate for this thing is. I’m more conservative than most. I believe it is much lower than believed based on the lack of testing. But that’s just a guess too. We are a few days away from knowing more about this thing. Mass testing this week will show us. Until then we should absolutely be cautious. I really want to look back at this in a few months and say we overreacted. I don’t want to look back and say man we could have done so much more. Again I hope we know more with mass testing.

Also life expectancy in the US in 1776 was 36
Easy to say if you aren't in danger of losing everything that makes life worth living.

In this case...overreacting vs under-reacting can save tons of lives.
Maybe...but this will get to everybody that is not in a bunker for the next year...We gonna shut down the world for a year?

I am a high risk and I am telling you now...me staying cooped up for month after month after month just to avoid this is not going to happen. I would rather just get it and tough it out or die.

Because that's what happens when people get too comfortable.

Good times make weak men. Weak men make hard times. Hard times make strong men. Strong men make good times.

I understand. Again hopefully we get some news soon with the testing. I think a huge source of panic and worry is the unknown.

Think? It definitely is. Humans are huge lovers of routine. Everybody is. And when that routine is messed up some version of "buy all of the toilet paper" happens.

As a scientist, I believe we need to give our researchers the best fighting chance to come up with a vaccine as quickly as possible while trying to flatten the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back