Uconn down with star player

If the WNBA ever really takes off, I expect eventuality there will start being one and dones. Very few staying four years. Look at how many are using the transfer portal. School loyalty is not as important as it has to be. IMO

Geno is the best player developer ever and this is sometimes going to be the result.

Wow, all Uconn fans attacking Walker on ESPN. She made her decision, all of a sudden she's not a good player..wow.. Respect the young girl decision and move on.
Sadly, there are many — waaaay too many, I suspect — Tennessee fans who would drag Rennia through the mud if she made the same decision.

But getting back to Walker, it just goes to show how spoiled CT fans are that they are trying to minimize the importance of their conference’s Player the Year. Reminds me of how UT fans behaved when Diamond left.

Sadly, there are many — waaaay too many, I suspect — Tennessee fans who would drag Rennia through the mud if she made the same decision.

But getting back to Walker, it just goes to show how spoiled (some) CT fans are that they are trying to minimize the importance of their conference’s Player the Year. Reminds me of how UT fans behaved when Diamond left.

While I agree with what you have written, with the exception of the edit I've made,
we need to recognize that too many fans, including both UT and CT, seem to think that they own some right to the players, that if a player leaves for whatever reason
that player becomes fair game to denigrate. I've just read a very long thread on the CT board, and the great majority of posters wish Walker well. The ones who don't---well they are more about what's good for the fanbase than what's good for the player.

But getting back to Walker, it just goes to show how spoiled CT fans are that they are trying to minimize the importance of their conference’s Player the Year. Reminds me of how UT fans behaved when Diamond left.

There are always going to be fans who just wish the player well and those who express their disappointment in various ways, including minimizing the player's accomplishments.

The reality is that despite her marked improvement this season, Walker came up small in each of UConn's high profile, nationally televised games. Would that have changed next season? No one knows for sure but her leaving opens up opportunities for others to fill that void. I think there will be players who have the potential to do just that but that's assuming no further changes in UConn's roster. These are crazy times.

Last edited:

Rennia isn’t eligible for the draft.

I'm one of the husky fans who think Megan's departure is addition by subtraction. She never really bought into UConn's style of play and it's rumored that she seriously thought of transferring after her freshman year. It appears her mind was made up some time ago as she made the announcement 48 hours after the season was canceled. Here is a copy of what I posted on another forum (which shall not be named) stating my opinion that I had commented at other times.

What I saw, and posted previously, was in the first part of the year it appeared to me meg would not give the ball to Anna and Aubrey and only rarely to Liv. Her favorite target appeared to be Crystal and would make a more difficult pass to CD even than an open CW. The team improved when she began to incorporate the freshmen and Liv more. But still often did not make the extra pass to a more open player. If she had a shot she took it instead of making the extra pass. I was concerned about how the integration of 5 new players would be hampered by my perception of her selfish play. I admire her ability as a player, but in all actuality, by January it will be addition by subtraction. Again in my opinion it is a win/win. I hope the best for her and the resultant UConn team going forward.

BTW, the post received double digit likes and was quoted positively a couple of times so I am not alone in my thinking.

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm one of the husky fans who think Megan's departure is addition by subtraction. She never really bought into UConn's style of play and it's rumored that she seriously thought of transferring after her freshman year. It appears her mind was made up some time ago as she made the announcement 48 hours after the season was canceled. Here is a copy of what I posted on another forum (which shall not be named) stating my opinion that I had commented at other times.

What I saw, and posted previously, was in the first part of the year it appeared to me meg would not give the ball to Anna and Aubrey and only rarely to Liv. Her favorite target appeared to be Crystal and would make a more difficult pass to CD even than an open CW. The team improved when she began to incorporate the freshmen and Liv more. But still often did not make the extra pass to a more open player. If she had a shot she took it instead of making the extra pass. I was concerned about how the integration of 5 new players would be hampered by my perception of her selfish play. I admire her ability as a player, but in all actuality, by January it will be addition by subtraction. Again in my opinion it is a win/win. I hope the best for her and the resultant UConn team going forward.

BTW, the post received double digit likes and was quoted positively a couple of times so I am not alone in my thinking.

So Husky fans why are you guys addicted to lady vols forum? Never heard about any negative talk on Walker until she announced her departure. And she's the leading scorer. When she committed to Uconn all the fans were like great pick! welcome to the power championship house, such a star pretty young lady. That was her decision. Naw that she make her decision again, is like she can't even play, she never improves her game while others calls her names that I can't even repeat here.Uconn fans don't like that!!!!!

Last edited:
So Husky fans why are you guys addicted to lady vols forum? Never heard about any negative talk on Walker until she announced her departure. And she's the leading scorer. When she committed to Uconn all the fans were like great pick! welcome to the power championship house, such a star pretty young lady. That was her decision. Naw that she make her decision again, is like she can't even play, she never improves her game while others calls her names that I can't even repeat here.Uconn fans don't like that!!!!!
I'm here to steal all your recruits by planting seeds of doubt in their minds. Actually, I like the LV forum and I like to talk basketball. It's better than Mc'Graws Bench or Sic'em, or SyracuseFans, etc. As far as opinions of Walker, that has been my opinion all year. I posted similar comments about her selective passing that was holding the team back as early as December. ( and on the Boneyard it is a minority opinion.) Most of the posts there are wishing her well and saddened to think it will diminish next years team. In a parallel vein, did you happen to read the negative posts on this forum about Evina when she decided to transfer.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back