Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a time when I can’t go to Walmart,Target, Dollar General etc... and get a roll of toilet paper to wipe my rear end because of a phantom virus. Yes serious but I think way blow out of context.

I agree, serious but blown way out of proportion. I hope I'm right about this.

I predict one of two things is going to happen a few months from now when it turns out not to be any worse than any other such threat we've had. Those people who are pushing the hysteria will either take credit for it not being as bad as the said it would be, or they'll continue to try to convince the rest of us that it is that bad.

In the meantime, people will lose income, businesses will lose serious revenue which will lead to some losing jobs and others losing investment/retirement/college money. I hope I'm wrong about this.

I feel ya brother. Golf is tough. So fun when you start getting good. Breaking 85 is a piece of cake. Breaking 80 is a sure thing if I avoid the blow up hole. But going from 77-79 to 72-75? FML

YES! Exactly! But I am more of a 80-85 :( I use to hit in 70's but I don't know age I guess.

YES! Exactly! But I am more of a 80-85 :( I use to hit in 70's but I don't know age I guess.
I don’t play enough these days to stay in the 70s consistently. I broke par once and it kind of killed some of my drive to improve. Plus, had to get on with things that will actually supply me with a living! Lol

But doesn’t sound like an age thing to me if you’re still bombing it roughly as far as me (at 26)! I’m betting it’s a short game issue. It’s always a short game issue. Tell me I’m wrong 😉

I think for me I would need more forgiveness. I hit pretty much a straight shot and a little draw but not consistently. I hit a high shot most of the time but working with someone to get that down when the wind is kicking up. I have really good distance for my age. Wedge 125 -130 9 - 140 -145 8 - 150-160 etc etc The last time they lengthened my club 1 inch and shaft 2 degrees up. I need accuracy more than distance. Price not sure but I know not high end.
Pure forgiveness at a good price...Taylormade M5 or Cobra F9 Speedback.

I don’t play enough these days to stay in the 70s consistently. I broke par once and it kind of killed some of my drive to improve. Plus, had to get on with things that will actually supply me with a living! Lol

But doesn’t sound like an age thing to me if you’re still bombing it roughly as far as me (at 26)! I’m betting it’s a short game issue. It’s always a short game issue. Tell me I’m wrong 😉
Getting on with things that actually supplies a living sucks! I don't understand why we can't just be born retired. It would cut out so much of the hassle of life. JMO of course.

I was like you but decided to keep it in play off the tee and worked on chipping. Consistently shoot in the 70s now.

Don't know why but not hitting my irons good last year at all. Getting some help hopefully when all this stuff dies down. Hopefully get little more consistent with my 5 and 4 irons.

Don't know why but not hitting my irons good last year at all. Getting some help hopefully when all this stuff dies down. Hopefully get little more consistent with my 5 and 4 irons.
I turn 50 next month. Get to play in “Senior” events!!!!!! Haha! Can’t wait!

Aww ok thanks. I was going to checkout Callaway but thanks peay!! That gives me a direction to shoot for.
Callaway are ok. The Maverick line is very easy to hit, but a tad more $$$$, and not better than TM or Cobra.

Personally, I’d spend a couple hundred more and get forgiving forged irons. JMO

Reactions: Orange Studs
Callaway are ok. The Maverick line is very easy to hit, but a tad more $$$$, and not better than TM or Cobra.

Personally, I’d spend a couple hundred more and get forgiving forged irons. JMO

Well, like I said I love my R9's, They hit so sweet but wasn't sure what was out there since I haven't really shopped for any. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: peaygolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back