Lack of spring practice could benefit Vols vs Oklahoma

PulaskiVolFan

If all of the teams are forced to miss spring practice I think that will be a plus for us vs Oklahoma. It could be that their young new QB struggles early. I also think we'll have a big advantage with Taylor and Thompson vs their young WR core that early in the season. If we can stop the run and control the ball a bit I believe we'll have a good chance at a big upset in Norman. We're going to have one of the best passing defenses in the country and I believe it'll play a big factor in this game.

If all of the teams are forced to miss spring practice I think that will be a plus for us vs Oklahoma. It could be that their young new QB struggles early. I also think we'll have a big advantage with Taylor and Thompson vs their young WR core that early in the season. If we can stop the run and control the ball a bit I believe we'll have a good chance at a big upset in Norman. We're going to have one of the best passing defenses in the country and I believe it'll play a big factor in this game.
I personally think we stand a good chance anyway. Assuming they go with Rattler he’ll be a freshman in only his second game. His first being against a cupcake team may give him a false sense of confidence to throw into traffic.

If you follow recruiting, watch college football, or otherwise you know they aren’t going to play by the rules. I’m willing to bet that the Florida’s, Georgia’s, OSU, Clemsons, and Oklahoma’s of the world ain’t playing fair. I’m not saying we should jump in the deep end of cheating but we should at least get in the damn pool.

I personally think we stand a good chance anyway. Assuming they go with Rattler he’ll be a freshman in only his second game. His first being against a cupcake team may give him a false sense of confidence to throw into traffic.

I get what your saying and tipically you’d be right. That being said Riley is known to put his QBs in a great position to win and succeed at a high level. Let’s count our chickens before they hatch.

I get what your saying and tipically you’d be right. That being said Riley is known to put his QBs in a great position to win and succeed at a high level. Let’s count our chickens before they hatch.
Riley is famous for a reason so I somewhat agree. I just feel this game is going to come down to how well we single cover their receivers in the intermediate/deep part of the field. Rattler absolutely hates check downs.

Riley is famous for a reason so I somewhat agree. I just feel this game is going to come down to how well we single cover their receivers in the intermediate/deep part of the field. Rattler absolutely hates check downs.
I think he is going to have to check it down or throw short quick passes for the most part anyway. We have a good secondary and while our dline doesnt have a superstar i think there is going to be a relentless wave of guys getting after the qb. The best WR group we played was Bama and we held our own. Now we have a veteran secondary thats played alot of good Qb's over the last 3 yrs. Ball control offense and key 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball will win this game for us. If its a shootout we lose by double digits.

I think he is going to have to check it down or throw short quick passes for the most part anyway. We have a good secondary and while our dline doesnt have a superstar i think there is going to be a relentless wave of guys getting after the qb. The best WR group we played was Bama and we held our own. Now we have a veteran secondary thats played alot of good Qb's over the last 3 yrs. Ball control offense and key 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball will win this game for us. If its a shootout we lose by double digits.
He may NEED to check it down and hopefully he hasn’t learned that lesson yet by the time WE teach it to him. I know he had a hard time taking that advise at the elite 11 and it still only lasted so long before he was right back to his old ways.

you can see how he feels about check downs at the 7 min mark of this video.

Funny how no one assumes H Bailey would endure the same struggles if we started him from day 1

One plus and it’s a big plus for us is Ceedee Lamb is out of Eligibility.

Funny how no one assumes H Bailey would endure the same struggles if we started him from day 1

He would because I feel like he’d try and play hero ball especially if things went bad to start. He needs time to learn and adjust. He’ll get his chance to show his talent against teams this season just have patience

One plus and it’s a big plus for us is Ceedee Lamb is out of Eligibility.
Yeah but their TE Strogner (spelling) and WR Bridges are no joke. I’m actually more worried about them than Rattler tbh. We just gotta be able to cover those guys. Their run game doesn’t scare me a bit.

If everybody has no spring ball then it's not a big deal. I'm sure they'll be doing some kind of football related stuff.

On the downer side, they lost very few seniors and starters from last season (unless they had a lot of transfers).

We too need some serious practice time at QB for all QBs.

On the plus side, we only had 4 EEs this year. So if a school like Ok or Uga or Fl had a boatload of EEs that would have been a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yes. Their young QB could struggle. Meanwhile, our old QB could struggle.

VN Store

Back