Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans paid going rate and that's what it costs. Not our money. I am all in on Tannehill. Perfect fit for this O scheme.

Titans franchise tag Henry if they do not get a hometown deal with him.

This team was dead without Tannehill. Goes to the AFCCG with him and he he posts the highest QBR in the NFL. They lose in the second half on the road to the SB winner after beating Brady at NE. They need a couple of playmakers on both sides of the ball and they are right back there again. Get an edge rusher, speed WR and a quality CB. Lock down RT with Conklin or a good replacement.

For Robinson being the GM, I'm disappointed in the situation the Titans are in. Henry demands a lot and then Ryan the CB is also a FA. We have to spend so much to keep the same team when we need some upgrades to keep competing.

Really surprised by the Tanneyhill numbers. I thought for sure they would take a run at Bridgewater. Tanneyhill had one good year in five and it was mostly because the defenses were looking for the run. But they have other holes to fill since this means they're going to let Conklin go and are still looking for a pass rush. Plus at the current carry rate and his running style, Henry will be used up in 2 more seasons so maybe they'll also draft a rb. So maybe they just wanted to get QB off their need list.

Pet peeve time:

4 way stop. The other car clearly arrives before your own car, coming to a complete stop. You decide to courtesy wave the first car since they seem to not know how this works. They then reject your courtesy wave with their own courtesy wave, delaying the whole interaction when they should have gone to begin with, and you inevitably drive off first

Pet peeve time:

4 way stop. The other car clearly arrives before your own car, coming to a complete stop. You decide to courtesy wave the first car since they seem to not know how this works. They then reject your courtesy wave with their own courtesy wave, delaying the whole interaction when they should have gone to begin with, and you inevitably drive off first

This makes me think of people that hold the door for you...when you are a good 40 feet away. Now you feel like you have to jog and rush things as to not come off as rude. When really you were just trying to walk slowly and delay your entrance to work/the dentist/etc.

Pet peeve time:

7C2CE4A7-4E51-43F1-ACF3-5E817020EB7B.gif

https://www.henrymakow.com/upload_images/toilet-paper-fortress.JPG

No offense meant; I am in this group as well:

Let's not play ball.

No hockey? No baseball? No basketball?

The horror, the horror!

The Coronavirus hoax has accomplished a near miracle: it's shut down sports. Can you imagine?

"They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan."

by Mike Stone

ll those hours wasted in front of the boob tube, all that time and energy expended cheering overpaid athletes, grown men playing with a ball or puck, all those bimbo Super Bowl halftime shows ... it's all gone.

I appreciate a good football game, a good pitcher's duel, as much as the next guy, but the huge, bread-and-circus atmosphere of professional sports has ballooned into something preposterous. And not just the games themselves, but the industries built around them: sports talk radio, sports shows on television, jerseys, caps, shoes!

Can America survive without sports?

The answer is YES, and the great sports shutdown just might have the unintended effect of educating the masses. It certainly can't hurt. It's going to free up untold hours of previously wasted time.

Maybe millions of sports fans will do something positive now. Maybe they'll spend more time with their children, read books, take the time to educate themselves on what's really happening in the world. I doubt it, but it's possible.

For those in the truth movement, this is an unprecedented opportunity. A chance to reach millions of new readers and viewers. Without sports to distract them, people are going to have to go elsewhere to be entertained. And what happens when a couple of days or weeks go by and the great unwashed realize their lives have been just great without sports, so why go back? Why, indeed?

Sure, the brain-dead zombies will, those with nothing better to do with their lives. But many will not. They'll find that they like the extra time they have to spend with their spouses and their kids.

They'll discover how much they enjoy having the time to read a book, to go for a walk, to discover new interests and hobbies in life.

They might - just might - decide to become more political, and if that happens, watch out.

Because if tens of millions of voters around the country suddenly wake up and discover who's really been pulling their strings all these years, who's really been pushing us into countless wars, who's really been rigging our elections and bribing and manipulating our politicians and leaders, you're going to see a seismic shift in the political makeup of this country. And though the result will be pretty, the process won't.

Kids might learn something too. They're groomed from an early age to worship sports heroes and to spend countless hours emulating them.

What are they going to do with all that newfound free time? Their reading time will increase. Time spent with their parents will increase. Family bonds will strengthen. It's a win-win situation all the way around.

The powers-that-be had better be careful. They may have gone too far this time. They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan.
This whole thing begs so many questions. How do we know American sports fans are the ones who are “asleep”? If they are asleep, is it necessarily due to sports fanaticism or some other disposition of their personalities? Will taking away sports be some push towards enlightenment?

Why can’t sports fanatics be awake to what goes on in politics? There are active posters here who are doctors, preachers, business people of all sorts - does their love of sports cause a shortcoming in their work? Can people only hold two things in their head i.e. work and sports?

Information is at our fingertips. Drudge Report gathers headlines from all areas of the political spectrum. Is that enough to stay informed? If not, then what is?

I get the feeling whoever wrote that post has a couple extra layers of foil under his hats, and very likely views many many more people than just sports fans as “asleep.” I wonder what he has in store for those daggum “powers-that-be”? If only he was the one holding the whip!

Reactions: WBO and nicksjuzunk
Really surprised by the Tanneyhill numbers. I thought for sure they would take a run at Bridgewater. Tanneyhill had one good year in five and it was mostly because the defenses were looking for the run. But they have other holes to fill since this means they're going to let Conklin go and are still looking for a pass rush. Plus at the current carry rate and his running style, Henry will be used up in 2 more seasons so maybe they'll also draft a rb. So maybe they just wanted to get QB off their need list.

Tannehill was good most of the time with Miami - just played with a sorry team. He was not good this past season, he was excellent. Highest QBR and #1 play action passing team in the NFL without a second WR of consequence and a committee of TE's. They have until tomorrow to sign or they will need to tag Henry. There's enough cap space left to sign Conklin if they want - not sure they are overly anxious to do so at a high cost.

For Robinson being the GM, I'm disappointed in the situation the Titans are in. Henry demands a lot and then Ryan the CB is also a FA. We have to spend so much to keep the same team when we need some upgrades to keep competing.
We are letting Ryan walk hopefully. Also how can you be disappointed he cant make a guy like Henry. It's either give him what he wants or someone else will

Tannehill was good most of the time with Miami - just played with a sorry team. He was not good this past season, he was excellent. Highest QBR and #1 play action passing team in the NFL without a second WR of consequence and a committee of TE's. They have until tomorrow to sign or they will need to tag Henry. There's enough cap space left to sign Conklin if they want - not sure they are overly anxious to do so at a high cost.
I'd rather get Clowney then re sign conklin

Pet peeve time:

I don’t give anyone the courtesy wave anymore. I pulled up to an intersection and this little old lady was across from me, so I decided to be nice and allow her to go first. Gave the wave and she just pulls out right out in front of another vehicle. Luckily there was no accident, she undoubtedly thought everything was clear. That was my last courtesy wave

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back