'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

I am so sick of garbage like this. If this kids wants to be a Gump, then go on, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way down to that cesspool, you Benedict Arnold traitor. 🤬

I would not feel this way if the kid had not said he grew up a Vol. We can get him there just as good as anybody else.

I am so sick of garbage like this. If this kids wants to be a Gump, then go on, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way down to that cesspool, you Benedict Arnold traitor. 🤬

I would not feel this way if the kid had not said he grew up a Vol. We can get him there just as good as anybody else.
Guess we should tell Cade to head on back to Athens as well. :rolleyes:

Reactions: vols 30
TN kid grows up TN fan, then gets recruited nationally. Needs to slow down AND make a non emotional decision.

Alabama kid grows up a Bammer. All Bammer.

I'm guessing he thinks Bama is the best way to get to the NFL.

Unfortunately, we have done nothing to impress a high school TE the last several years. Kids want to catch the ball every once in awhile.

I think this changes with a more reliable, big arm QB.

Reactions: BaldBiker

Sorry preacher, I missed the part where he signed with Bama. Slow the drama down

Pfftt...all this over a TE? We haven't made a TE a part of the offense in forever. Can't recall anything special since Jason wore orange. Everyone made DWA out to be the second coming and a sure fire first round draft choice. A "beast" and a complete mismatch for anyone trying to cover him. Something tells me we won't need a 5 star to replace his production. A TE? Seriously?

Pfftt...all this over a TE? We haven't made a TE a part of the offense in forever. Can't recall anything special since Jason wore orange. Everyone made DWA out to be the second coming and a sure fire first round draft choice. A "beast" and a complete mismatch for anyone trying to cover him. Something tells me we won't need a 5 star to replace his production. A TE? Seriously?

Rivera wasn’t half bad. We have the same OC calling the plays now as we did then. The problem has been a lack of a QB.

I'm guessing he thinks Bama is the best way to get to the NFL.

Unfortunately, we have done nothing to impress a high school TE the last several years. Kids want to catch the ball every once in awhile.

I think this changes with a more reliable, big arm QB.
DWA is getting a shot. What else can we do? It isnt Chaney's fault DWA didnt make plays when he had opportunities. QB missing reads, aside.

Reactions: Coach Punk
Under Botch Jones and Fooley, No. Under Pruitt and these coaches, Yes.
Gotta look after yourself first. The lack of DWA's development did us no favors either. Granted, Joe O is his own man and a new start, but as a staff tough to sell their first 2 years of TE play.

TN kid grows up TN fan, then gets recruited nationally. Needs to slow down AND make a non emotional decision.

Alabama kid grows up a Bammer. All Bammer.
Pruitt says hello 😁

No different than TL, Etienne, Mays. We've stunk for so long kids only know our success through internet research or old people.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Pfftt...all this over a TE? We haven't made a TE a part of the offense in forever. Can't recall anything special since Jason wore orange. Everyone made DWA out to be the second coming and a sure fire first round draft choice. A "beast" and a complete mismatch for anyone trying to cover him. Something tells me we won't need a 5 star to replace his production. A TE? Seriously?[/QUcOTE]

Mychal Rivera and Luke Stocker played well here and got to the league. Playing time and Chaney's background will land us a a good TE or two.

I also think Dee Beckwith might show some things from that position and I feel like Princeton Fant could provide a weapon.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Mychal Rivera and Luke Stocker played well here and got to the league. Playing time and Chaney's background will land us a a good TE or two.

I also think Dee Beckwith might show some things from that position and I feel like Princeton Fant could provide a weapon.

Could be wrong, but iirc many some don't believe Beckwith will be a TE, at least not in this offense. Seems we prefer blocking TEs and that is not his strength.

Future TE recruits will jump at the chance to come here once HB is established.
And Osevet starts coaching. As much as Moose is an animal on the recruiting trail (heh), his best work is with defense. Coach O’s offensive mindset will pay dividends.

I also wanna point out that we don’t have the coach’s board, so we don’t know where these kids rank. I think that one kid who went to Clemson wasn’t even much looked at by this staff. And I think that Nevada kid is as high on the board as this kid is.

JG was 4th in the SEC in completion% to his TE in 2018.

Dropped off bigly last year (granted, still best on the team and still better than Fromm 🤣).

Whatever Helton was doing to help him needs to be locked in for this year.

And Osevet starts coaching. As much as Moose is an animal on the recruiting trail (heh), his best work is with defense. Coach O’s offensive mindset will pay dividends.

I also wanna point out that we don’t have the coach’s board, so we don’t know where these kids rank. I think that one kid who went to Clemson wasn’t even much looked at by this staff. And I think that Nevada kid is as high on the board as this kid is.

And the kid from Hartwell, GA.

VN Store

Back