The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Even in those “88 games” he was never a bad QB. Seriously, go back and look at his career numbers. Statistically the dude has pretty much always been decent.

This “advanced metric” nonsense has people warped over what constitutes good QB play.

His career in Miami was lackluster because Miami has been a f***ing dumpster fire for 2 decades.
Oh I agree he was never "bad", but he wasn't great either. Tannehill is Garoppolo. Garappolo is Tannehill. You may make it to the SB, but you ain't winning because of him (insert KC here, because the Titans aren't getting past KC with Tannehill).

You can say that about most QBs and teams and or situations outside of about 5 franchises.

Tom Curran said he thinks its 50-50 between New England and Tennessee for Brady with the 49er on the outside but closing hard.

Titans are a great team that don’t get much respect. I believe they have a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. They seem like a close knit bunch.
I know people are salivating at the thought of getting Brady, reminds me of Manning going to Denver.
The difference is Peyton was very likable where as Tom is not, he is a prima donna.
It would be a mistake and mess up the chemistry of the whole squad.

4D24A584-958E-49C3-8FA7-79F2906F2BAA.jpegDDB33EC9-62E1-4031-B2D3-71236A287560.jpegF0290FCE-5485-47A6-8CD9-B22E3D7E4FA8.jpeg

Reactions: TJVol95 and Vols4us
If Tannehill is gone - good luck with what happens next. Too many holes on D to fix in one off season to cover for a game manager or rookie at QB.

We should know by Thursday how serious the TB12 to Tennessee rumors are. Thursday is the franchise tag deadline so if don't tag RT by then I fully expect him to walk.

Is it though? Idk.

I've been thinking all off season about this. During our run I was on board with giving RT a long term deal. When news started breaking about us and Brady I still wasn't that big on it since he is going to be 43. Now after seeing all these reports and the potential for Tennessee to sign the GOAT I'm fully supportive of signing TB12. By all accounts Tannehill seems to be holding out for an absurd pay day and I'm not sure a half season above average play with a history of being average to below average is worth it. It would mean we'd be tied down to a big money QB contract if he regresses. I know Tom is going to get a big dollar deal as well but at least with him it would only be for a year or two.

I had hope that the team would either sign him to a short deal or even franchise tag him to see he can sustain last year's level of play. I truly hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse and he regresses back to Miami Tannehill.

VN Store

Back