Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

This is what I don't get. this is not logic no matter how many experts spout it. As an individual, you'd rather have the flu no doubt. Unfortunately the flu can kill too, and it's is exponentially more prevalent, so it is going to kill far more people, and there was never a chance that it wasn't even if no one ever did a thing about the coronavirus. If we could forever eradicate the flu today, or we could forever eradicate coronavirus it would be a remarkably easy decision. The flu, btw.
'

Now this thing may kill a lot more people with compromised immune systems and weak lungs, but it still largely only kills those people. So make them stay home. If you can tell 20 year olds not to smoke because after a million cigarettes they might die, you can tell 70 year olds, they cant leave the house because there is a deadly virus on the loose. The problem is also that when you wreak havoc on our economic system, people die in a domino effect as a result of that as well.

Seems like it's about slowing the roll of the virus... Healthy low-risk people carry it to higher risk people. Healthcare workers are in contact with the high-risk people constantly. If every healthcare worker had the virus at the same time, it would be a big problem. Throw in rampant spread, and those caring for older or otherwise high-risk people at home, the problem is compounded, as these people, once infected, will be needing facility treatment.

Seems like it's about slowing the roll of the virus... Healthy low-risk people carry it to higher risk people. Healthcare workers are in contact with the high-risk people constantly. If every healthcare worker had the virus at the same time, it would be a big problem. Throw in rampant spread, and those caring for older or otherwise high-risk people at home, the problem is compounded, as these people, once infected, will be needing facility treatment.

Rampant spread? It's probably been here for 3 months. How many people in your life do you know that have had it?

When these test kits roll out and reveal the numbers- that's when it's hitting the fan if people are actin stupid. Theyre already actin stupid. Stock up on food, medicine, ammunition.

Consequently, wouldn't slowing the curve by definition make all this take longer? What if people start getting reinfected or it mutates into something that kills 1/5 of the people that get it? Or more...

If someone once to live in a cave, that's up to them. It's not a requirement that I know of.

It isnt. But the irresponsible narratives to this combined with media and social media availability by the masses, which by and large arent that bright, are creating a scenario most are too blind to see.

High risk people should minimize their contact with other people. Low risk people should minimize their contact with high risk people. Low risk people should go on about their business. I don't understand your point about the healthcare system. If our healthcare workers are carrying diseases to already sick people they are in a world of trouble. But if the virus was that communicable and that deadly, I think the body count might be a hell of a lot higher right now. Now if that were the case, Id say that there would need to be a reorganization of our healthcare facilities before we cancel and close everything even still. Its unfortunate that people are dying and less will die if no one comes into contact with each other, but business grinding to a halt like it is, is crazy. To act like their is no consequences when production is significantly slowed is just crazy. Factories are announcing they are shutting down right now. They are having to weigh whether it will be more costly to shut down or risk the backlash and potential lawsuit if people get sick. That's crazy to me. There are always risks. There are always risks, there are trade-offs, lives are traded for other lives for the greater good. Volkswagon is closing it's plants, which they can probably afford. They can probably still pay their employees even. How about the small business? Can they do that? If they do are they going to go out of business a year from now? This thing is spiraling out of control, not because of a virus, but because the reaction to it. The Volkswagon thing is ironic to me too, considering that over a million people a year die in car wrecks. Is that because cars are just as safe as they can be? Of course not, we could save hundreds of thousands of lives. It would just be too expensive, so we understand that people will die in car accidents because we need to be able to get from place to place in a timely manner. thats how the market works. Unfortunately, the public is so stupid, that they allow the media to decide that we must spare no expense to save every possible life from this unprecendented virus. Then when it's all over we can send 16 year olds who cant drive back out on the roads in vehicles that go 160 mph for no apparent reason to die and kill others at 3 times the rate of experienced drivers because those deaths are just a part of life.

I rambled like schizo, but I feel there are a lot of solid points in that paragraph. I just want the numbers, projections of scenarios of courses of action. Not media driven hysteria for political reasons that will only backfire on them as always anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: allvol123
Consequently, wouldn't slowing the curve by definition make all this take longer? What if people start getting reinfected or it mutates into something that kills 1/5 of the people that get it? Or more...

You know, it could. That's the thing, it's going to go around the world several times, regardless. If it mutates and suddenly the high-risk demographic shifts to say 40 year olds, everyone's tune changes, quickly.

Thing is, we can't have all our healthcare folks sick at the same time, not so much because they will die, more so because some will be temporarily debilitated.

Reactions: SmokinBob
ofikg.jpg
Good, logical response there red.

High risk people should minimize their contact with other people. Low risk people should minimize their contact with high risk people. Low risk people should go on about their business. I don't understand your point about the healthcare system. If our healthcare workers are carrying diseases to already sick people they are in a world of trouble. But if the virus was that communicable and that deadly, I think the body count might be a hell of a lot higher right now. Now if that were the case, Id say that there would need to be a reorganization of our healthcare facilities before we cancel and close everything even still. Its unfortunate that people are dying and less will die if no one comes into contact with each other, but business grinding to a halt like it is, is crazy.

I'm just not seeing business grinding to a halt, might be different where you are, though.

I still marvel at this.

People get sad when old people die. It sucks and like I said, is sad.

When young people die, people get pissed and angry. That is when shtt hits the fan.

So why in 2009 ,when 80% of H1N1 deaths were people under the age of 65, were businesses not closing en masse?

What I always wonder with things like this, especially now that Trump has confirmed the Democratic hoax, is two things. Will Red Hats be able to criticize Dear Leader, and will progressives be able to compliment Trump on things he does well regarding coronavirus?
Let me know when the latter happens.

High risk people should minimize their contact with other people. Low risk people should minimize their contact with high risk people. Low risk people should go on about their business. I don't understand your point about the healthcare system. If our healthcare workers are carrying diseases to already sick people they are in a world of trouble. But if the virus was that communicable and that deadly, I think the body count might be a hell of a lot higher right now. Now if that were the case, Id say that there would need to be a reorganization of our healthcare facilities before we cancel and close everything even still. Its unfortunate that people are dying and less will die if no one comes into contact with each other, but business grinding to a halt like it is, is crazy.
But look at these numbers
"Covid-19 Is An Exponential Threat" - Why Global Politicians & Business Leaders Must Act Now

I still marvel at this.

When young people die, people get pissed and angry. That is when shtt hits the fan.

So why in 2009 ,when 80% of H1N1 deaths were people under the age of 65, were businesses not closing en masse?
That outbreak was different. The symptoms showed faster. It was easier to identify who needed quarantine. This ones slow and symptoms are just like flu during flu season. This one spreads faster quieter.

Idfk

That outbreak was different. The symptoms showed faster. It was easier to identify who needed quarantine. This ones slow and symptoms are just like flu during flu season.

Idfk

And we know, very mild to people that are generally healthy.

H1N1 killed approximately 14,000 people under the age of 65. Where was the hysteria? In America. In 6 months.

And we know, very mild to people that are generally healthy.

H1N1 killed approximately 14,000 people under the age of 65. Where was the hysteria? In America. In 6 months.
I think I was living in a car and dealing with some bad habits at the time so I dont remember much from that particular moment in time. Sounds bad though. I agree what makes now the time to lockdown compared to then?

I still marvel at this.

My guess is the spread rate.
This thing spreads quickly and is airborne. Basically (imo) the goal is to slow the spread to a pace that the healthcare system can handle. I donโ€™t think anyone in โ€œthe know โ€œ believes they can stop it.

Too put it another way. The goal is to treat 1 million people over 9 months instead of 1-2 months.

A reminder of why this happening. The Chinese government is a threat to every other nation worldwide.

BOYCOTT until you can FREE CHINA

A few weeks from now most sane people will look back on this as a perfect example of media induced mass hysteria.

This thing spreads quickly and is airborne. Basically (imo) the goal is to slow the spread to a pace that the healthcare system can handle. I donโ€™t think anyone in โ€œthe know โ€œ believes they can stop it.

Too put it another way. The goal is to treat 1 million people over 9 months instead of 1-2 months.
9 months is a long time. This takes 9 months there will be civil unrest and chaos.

Reactions: davethevol

The vast majority that get it wont need treatment. Hell, half will probably never realize they had it.

VN Store

Back